The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In honor of your countrymen today, @Mr Ferret 88 .

SFSBDYJ4OVFJTHH3EWRD3RWJDU.jpg

betty rose

That is warmer than I live. It was 35 as a higher, but it was down to 24 degree by 5 at night with the winds howling outside. The cold didn't stop crowds going to a Frozen Custard stand that was founded by Elsa despite having no seating inside. That stand is best known for huge burgers and frozen Custard.

That Frozen Custard even is very busy when its less than 10 degrees outside in the past and snowing. It had 2 Frozen Custard Flavors of the Day Yesterday. I checked the Flavors yesterday. Grasshopper Fudge was one of the two flavors of the day with the other being Maple Syrup & Pancakes.
Frozen custard sounds yummy. Maple Syrup and Pancakes....makes me drool.

betty rose

I think 3mpg might be on the generous side, but that was in the 80s, so I was using quarters to get a coupla' gallons at a time, lmao!!!

I got a small preview of what my 11-year-old son's voice is going to sound like when it changes...holy bananas, that was scary and weird!
Our oldest grand son is 14 his voice sounds very deep and like an older man. Doesn't go with his manner or stature (he is slight, and very polite). I'm trying to put the voice with the grand son.

Pixieish

Our oldest grand son is 14 his voice sounds very deep and like an older man. Doesn't go with his manner or stature (he is slight, and very polite). I'm trying to put the voice with the grand son.
Ours 2 boys are the 8th and 10th of 10 grandchildren my mom has...it's been kind of freaky seeing all the boys (there are 7 boys and 3 girls) grow up...the oldest is 16 right now. Amazingly handsome and kind young man. Funny story...my sister and step-sister gave birth the same day, in the same hospital, and my oldest was born a month to the day later. That was a crazy year!

betty rose

That's happy news. I'm sure it will also be fun staying over in Minneapolis. Never been to Minneapolis, and I'll bet it's nice there. :)
It's really cold there, my brother lived in Minneapolis when he first got married. He said he froze to death! It was 35 or below most winters. He moved to get away from the cold. I'm not so sturdy....I want something above 50 degrees or so!

betty rose

Ours 2 boys are the 8th and 10th of 10 grandchildren my mom has...it's been kind of freaky seeing all the boys (there are 7 boys and 3 girls) grow up...the oldest is 16 right now. Amazingly handsome and kind young man. Funny story...my sister and step-sister gave birth the same day, in the same hospital, and my oldest was born a month to the day later. That was a crazy year!
My sister's grandson's are just like mine. The oldest is thoughtful, kind and mild mannered. The youngest are charting their own path, very personable, funny and not afraid of much of anything. He will try anything at least once, until it oversteps his limits.

Pixieish

My sister's grandson's are just like mine. The oldest is thoughtful, kind and mild mannered. The youngest are charting their own path, very personable, funny and not afraid of much of anything. He will try anything at least once, until it oversteps his limits.
They sound like my boys to a T! :) My oldest is definitely more reserved and we call our youngest the daredevil in the family.

betty rose

I'm so glad everyone is getting along now. As a kid who grew up with parents who couldn't stand each other, I wish we wouldn't have been in the middle of that. It would have been nice if the adults could have acted like grown-ups and communicated with each other and put us first instead of using us to punish each other. It's so nice that you can sort of broker peace between the Son-in-law and your daughter...no matter how they feel about each other, I'm sure you can all agree that you love the boys and want what's best for THEM.
Amen. We just want the best for the family.

betty rose

I am very blessed...my husband came home from work that day and took care of all the logistical things...picking up DS from his school, making dinner, etc, so I could just process and not stress. And we have talked about it a lot, too. And apparently some of my coworkers saw my picture in the paper talking to the policeman, and they asked about it, so I got to talk about it a lot and get it out of my system. It was horrible, but I have a great support system on here, and at home.
I'm so happy for you having great support. You have a gem of a husband.

betty rose

Several thousand when all is said and done. You can't learn by yourself over here...you have to take lessons from an acredited instructor and those cost upwards of 50 euros per hour. Now, I already know how to drive, but I DON'T know how to drive a manual transmission, plus there are some different rules. So while I wouldn't have to start from scratch like some people, I would still need quite a bit of training....the testing is so much more strict here, most people fail at least once. I think the written theory test is something like 500 euros to take, and then the practical. So somewhere between 2000 and 4000 Euros.
I would probably walk or ride a bike. That's so expensive.

betty rose

I just realized I forgot to take more pics of the home design I was working on. :cyclops:
Oh well, Monday isn't that far away...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
:oops: ;)

In the meantime, here's a partial 3-D model of that monster one I worked on recently...! :)

View attachment 243418
How do people get all this money. I'm glad for the work for you, but I can't imagine how anyone earns that much in a lifetime!

MySmallWorldof4

Yes. I an having issues with ds. I look at him and his baby face and still expect a little boy voice. :( It was like when my kids were toddlers. One day they weren’t talking and the next they were blabbering sentences. :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom