The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Gabe1 , wow--weather report sounded crazy from what you said. (I just looked on Google for weather reports in your area--scary stuff.)

I hope you'll be o.k. and your house will be o.k., too. Sounds like you fared a bit better than where your DD lives. I'm glad that you got out of there when you did, and found a hotel with power. It's often the unpredictability of these types of intense summer storms that must really unnerve you.

Hope the worse is over.

Goofyernmost

Yea, and think how bad it might be if all this climate change stuff wasn't just made up by the Chinese. Stay safe everyone!
Yes, that was sarcasm. I'm sure you all knew, but, just in case you didn't. We were told by scientists years ago to expect a whole lot more violent planet (weather wise) now and in the future. We are seeing it starting to happen now. We have been living in the virtual Springtime of the Ice Age. Swiftly headed to Summer.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Feel free to join him--I'll send him over to your house in a heartbeat!! :p

You do you think you are kidding @MinnieM123 , you couldn't part with Jack ! You would miss getting your socks stolens, wreaths destoryed, and having general mayhem from time to time!:joyfull:
Yea a Jack for the boys seems like a fair swap. I could use the peace and quiet:inlove:

BAChicagoGal

I will be out of Disney in the next two years. My legs and hips can't take all the walking. I can't see or hear well enough to drive a scooter. And I don't want anyone pushing me around in a wheel chair. Just my opinion. I will live for the trip reports and news on here. Hubby has different thoughts. He thinks I can go longer. I dealt with a lot of pain on the last trip. Time will tell!

My last trip was difficult with my sore foot. Now that I am going to be 70, I am not sure how many trips I am going to be able to manage. I guess the next one will tell the story. I don't have foot pain, but the left knee gives me trouble when I walk too long. The 4 hour plane trip to California is not my favorite thing to do, especially dealing with security, and all that walking at the airports. At least DL has less walking than WDW does. Maybe it is a good thing for me that I ended up solo. Don't have to try and keep up with Annette and her daughter, who run rather than walk at the parks. I also will never rent a scooter, and a wheelchair is out of the question. I like being in charge when I am at Disney, whether it is DL, or WDW. Like you said, time will tell.

MOXOMUMD

If that's what they call that entrance room, I did ask, and they told me it wasn't possible, he HAD to go through that room to get to the parent swap area, or we had to get out of line and go back through again when DH and DD got out. Plus, DH pulled a stupid and had told him he would not have to enter the building at all, we'd be able to switch outside, which wasn't true. DS wouldn't set foot inside at all, even if they HAD let us skip the stretching room. It was fine...Guest relations handled it well and I ended up getting to go on it the next day. But man, I hope he grows out of this fear stage he's been in. He is afraid to go in elevators, he is afraid of open stairs where you can see through the back of them because there's no board...he's better about waterslides now. He's terrified of just about any bug that exists....including the common house fly. He freaks out if you so much as turn the car on and he doesn't have his seat belt clicked in. (though somehow my dad's neighbor got him on a 4 wheeler when we were out there in April...it still boggles my mind how he managed that one, but I'm so glad he did...the sheer joy on DS's face was amazing) I know he'd enjoy a LOT of things if he'd just try them, but I won't force him when he's terrified.
It IS possible to skip the stretching room, we've done it. When my daughter was really little I'd cover her ears and she'd cover her eyes. It wasn't the spook factor of the room, it was the thunder and lightning effect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom