The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

We're a family of 4 and could use them up in less than a week:mad: The guy I got them from today had 4 dozen waiting for me this morning:inlove: BTW only 3 of us eat eggs.

Years ago, I may or may not have fried or scrambled up a dozen egg carton, more than a few times, for a meal just for myself. :cyclops:
OK, so maybe that last time really wasn't all that super-long ago... :oops: :cautious:
I LOVE eggs...!!!!!!! :joyfull:

Songbird76

We went to the zoo today. They have a new area called the Mangrove that has Butterflies, Manatees, and Turtles. DD really wanted to see the Butterflies, so we decided to put our annual passes to good use. I was a bit nervous because I heard on the radio earlier in the week that butterflies had escaped and I didn't know how many, or if they were recovered. But it was fantastic. We walked in and I went to point out a butterfly sitting on a leaf to DD when another one landed right on my outstretched finger. DD was jealous because she's always wanted a butterfly to land on her. DH took a picture, but it's on his phone and I asked him to send it to me, but he hasn't yet. We walked on and there was a guy who had several sitting on him...both kids embarked on a mission to get butterflies to land on them. DS had one, but I wasn't quick enough to get a picture and he was very upset. They sat on some rocks and were very still for a bit.
20271797_10155317398101830_1317147249_n.jpg
20289933_10155317398606830_967857999_n.jpg
We moved on to the part with the glass wall where you could watch the manatees and fish, and we sat on these little steps there and 2 butterflies came and landed, one on each shoulder....another picture DH has on his phone. DS was angry because one of the blue ones had landed on everyone but him. They were not attracted to his white shirt...they LOVED my sea green shirt, and DD was in the same color. As we were walking off, one of the bigger blue ones came and landed on my shirt and would not leave. We were wanting to leave the area to go see the new Mangrove Musical, but I tried walking and it just clung to my shirt...I tried shaking the shirt...he held on. I finally had to get help from one of the people who works there, and she got it off the front...it flew off and landed promptly on my behind. So she got her paper and scraped him off me again. Dobby was a free elf! We should have just stayed in the mangrove...the musical was pretty bad. It was great for little ones....it was a blacklight thing, so really bright colors, which kids love, and it was cheesy, but the singing was just...not good. I've heard worse, but never in a professional performance like that. But at least we got to see the butterflies, and before we went there, we made a side trip to the dessert area to see the owls (burrowing owls....didn't know they existed) and the bighorn sheep. So all in all, it was a great time.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We went to the zoo today. They have a new area called the Mangrove that has Butterflies, Manatees, and Turtles. DD really wanted to see the Butterflies, so we decided to put our annual passes to good use. I was a bit nervous because I heard on the radio earlier in the week that butterflies had escaped and I didn't know how many, or if they were recovered. But it was fantastic. We walked in and I went to point out a butterfly sitting on a leaf to DD when another one landed right on my outstretched finger. DD was jealous because she's always wanted a butterfly to land on her. DH took a picture, but it's on his phone and I asked him to send it to me, but he hasn't yet. We walked on and there was a guy who had several sitting on him...both kids embarked on a mission to get butterflies to land on them. DS had one, but I wasn't quick enough to get a picture and he was very upset. They sat on some rocks and were very still for a bit.
View attachment 217284
View attachment 217285
We moved on to the part with the glass wall where you could watch the manatees and fish, and we sat on these little steps there and 2 butterflies came and landed, one on each shoulder....another picture DH has on his phone. DS was angry because one of the blue ones had landed on everyone but him. They were not attracted to his white shirt...they LOVED my sea green shirt, and DD was in the same color. As we were walking off, one of the bigger blue ones came and landed on my shirt and would not leave. We were wanting to leave the area to go see the new Mangrove Musical, but I tried walking and it just clung to my shirt...I tried shaking the shirt...he held on. I finally had to get help from one of the people who works there, and she got it off the front...it flew off and landed promptly on my behind. So she got her paper and scraped him off me again. Dobby was a free elf! We should have just stayed in the mangrove...the musical was pretty bad. It was great for little ones....it was a blacklight thing, so really bright colors, which kids love, and it was cheesy, but the singing was just...not good. I've heard worse, but never in a professional performance like that. But at least we got to see the butterflies, and before we went there, we made a side trip to the dessert area to see the owls (burrowing owls....didn't know they existed) and the bighorn sheep. So all in all, it was a great time.

Our conservatory here has a butterfly room and it's always so so so cool to see them!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
View attachment 217284
View attachment 217285

Very cool experience for you all!

donaldtoo

I don't know how you can stand that kind of heat. Yikes. :jawdrop:

Hahaaaa...!
We will have been back here in Texas for 41 years in early August. I don't ever remember NOT being acclimated to the heat...even when we lived in No Cal we still came back to Texas every summer for a 3-week vacation (no A/C in the camper, or in any of those farmhouses when we got there).
As you already know, I can still do those sub-freezing TSSFFBRs ;), but, I much prefer the heat...!!! :happy: :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thanks everyone for your kind posts and messages.

I can't imagine how long it will be before the town is back to somewhat normal but power will be warmly welcomed. For us it isn't pleasant but I'm counting my blessings so many more in far worse shape than us in town, one tree spit a house in half not very far from my DD.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom