The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
When we left there were city services with bulldozers in the roads trying to clear the more main roads. Nobody has power and every individual building has power cables pulled out by uprooted trees. My house is better than my My DD building as our power was not hit by trees just city wide outage vs tree damage. I was with DD when it hit her apartment, we headed down, total white out. For the moment safe harbor but more storms approaching. I hope to go to sleep to pretend this isn't happening as we found a hotel with power.

Cesar R M

I managed to watch a glipse of weather.com's report. Seems there were a lot of floods somewhere as well.

Also, Why the goddarn trend of websites FORCING you and redirecting you to a language and country you do not want?:banghead:
ESPN had this for a year and its annoying as hell. (half the articles do not work as they will try to shove you to the inferior spanish version).
Now weather does the same and redirects you to your hometown weather instead of to the news in the front page.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
When we left there were city services with bulldozers in the roads trying to clear the more main roads. Nobody has power and every individual building has power cables pulled out by uprooted trees. My house is better than my My DD building as our power was not hit by trees just city wide outage vs tree damage. I was with DD when it hit her apartment, we headed down, total white out. For the moment safe harbor but more storms approaching. I hope to go to sleep to pretend this isn't happening as we found a hotel with power.
Hope you all stay safe .

Songbird76

Next time ask to skip the stretching room. They'll take you through a doorway (where they take wheelchair/scooters through) and you'll board a Doom Buggy at the exit area.
If that's what they call that entrance room, I did ask, and they told me it wasn't possible, he HAD to go through that room to get to the parent swap area, or we had to get out of line and go back through again when DH and DD got out. Plus, DH pulled a stupid and had told him he would not have to enter the building at all, we'd be able to switch outside, which wasn't true. DS wouldn't set foot inside at all, even if they HAD let us skip the stretching room. It was fine...Guest relations handled it well and I ended up getting to go on it the next day. But man, I hope he grows out of this fear stage he's been in. He is afraid to go in elevators, he is afraid of open stairs where you can see through the back of them because there's no board...he's better about waterslides now. He's terrified of just about any bug that exists....including the common house fly. He freaks out if you so much as turn the car on and he doesn't have his seat belt clicked in. (though somehow my dad's neighbor got him on a 4 wheeler when we were out there in April...it still boggles my mind how he managed that one, but I'm so glad he did...the sheer joy on DS's face was amazing) I know he'd enjoy a LOT of things if he'd just try them, but I won't force him when he's terrified.

Songbird76

I know a multitude of Star Wars enthusiasts of all ages and genders. Those of us who loved it as a kid passed it on to our kids and The Clone Wars/Rebels opened the door for more kids to enjoy. With strong female characters like Padme/Leia/Rey/Ahsoka/Asajj it's not geared only towards boys. I'm not getting the girly girl thing. I know girly girls (and girly guys) who are way into SW. That shouldn't be a factor.

If the SW land is done right, people who have zero interest will be curious about the area. I hate Avatar but I'm looking forward to wandering around Pandora.

I think in your situation you're always going to split until you as a parent make the decision of a compromise for them.
Huh...well, I think I know exactly 4 females who are into Star Wars and 2 of them are in this thread. The 2 I know outside of this board are both tomboys and hate all things pink and glittery. Whereas I know very few people outside this board, male or female, who don't like Harry Potter. So you have your experience, I have mine, and obviously they are quite different. I remember when I lived in the US and worked at walmart...we were stocking the toy department and the newest star wars action figures were being released...not a single girl came in for Star Wars stuff...all boys. I'll admit, that may have changed now with the newer movies. I haven't seen them, it's not my thing. But I also don't know any females outside of those few who watched the new movies. At least not outside of taking their sons to see it.

Songbird76

I think that is the point of why they pushed hard on ROGUE ONE (even if the weak beta hardcore nerd fans hated it) to have a woman main character with a very good support team.

Funny thing.. the same hate the movie got from "meninist" groups, is identical to what new Star Trek series (Star Trek Discovery, captained by Michelle Yeoh and main character being a Vulcan by Sonequa Martin-Green) is getting.
You're probably right...I haven't seen the newer ones, but I know people have been vocal on both sides regarding the presence of main characters who are female, not just in Star Wars, but across the board...Wonder Woman, Ghost Busters, Avengers. They industry has to keep up with demands, which are now shifting towards a more balanced representation. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Like I said, I hope the Star Wars land can pull in even non-fans. For myself, I'm not really interested in it, but I'd go for my son because he loves it. But it could be one of those wow factor things that once I see it, it makes me want to watch the movies because it's so well done. It all depends on how they do it.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Calling for prayers. Weather never hit us this bad. Got my truck out and we are looking for a place to crash.

I'm so very sorry and hoping you and yours are safely and quietly sleeping. Prayers and pixie dust xoxo ps please check in when you can{{HUGS}}

Figgy1

Premium Member
If that's what they call that entrance room, I did ask, and they told me it wasn't possible, he HAD to go through that room to get to the parent swap area, or we had to get out of line and go back through again when DH and DD got out. Plus, DH pulled a stupid and had told him he would not have to enter the building at all, we'd be able to switch outside, which wasn't true. DS wouldn't set foot inside at all, even if they HAD let us skip the stretching room. It was fine...Guest relations handled it well and I ended up getting to go on it the next day. But man, I hope he grows out of this fear stage he's been in. He is afraid to go in elevators, he is afraid of open stairs where you can see through the back of them because there's no board...he's better about waterslides now. He's terrified of just about any bug that exists....including the common house fly. He freaks out if you so much as turn the car on and he doesn't have his seat belt clicked in. (though somehow my dad's neighbor got him on a 4 wheeler when we were out there in April...it still boggles my mind how he managed that one, but I'm so glad he did...the sheer joy on DS's face was amazing) I know he'd enjoy a LOT of things if he'd just try them, but I won't force him when he's terrified.
Good luck. I hope he outgrows the fear soon. I'm lucky the only thing either of my boys is afraid of is getting their power shut off by us and my older ds is deathly afraid of bees. He was stung 4 times when he was little and he watch a friend of ours get stung by a swarm protecting him. I don't blame him at all for being afraid of them.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Huh...well, I think I know exactly 4 females who are into Star Wars and 2 of them are in this thread. The 2 I know outside of this board are both tomboys and hate all things pink and glittery. Whereas I know very few people outside this board, male or female, who don't like Harry Potter. So you have your experience, I have mine, and obviously they are quite different. I remember when I lived in the US and worked at walmart...we were stocking the toy department and the newest star wars action figures were being released...not a single girl came in for Star Wars stuff...all boys. I'll admit, that may have changed now with the newer movies. I haven't seen them, it's not my thing. But I also don't know any females outside of those few who watched the new movies. At least not outside of taking their sons to see it.
There are at least 3 here:joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
DOG??? Boy you must have been annoyed...you could have just middle named him but DOG??? :p

i_love_jack_round_sticker-rc2a3ed4088994e32a0dc159d116a7f61_v9wth_8byvr_324.jpg

At that early hour of the morning, when I'm already running late getting ready for work, I'm in NO mood to chase around that dastardly quadruped who stole my sock!! Yes, bad DOG!! :mad:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Me three. Sometimes I think poor Jack does things because he's feeling neglected and under fed:rolleyes:

Hey, socks are not food! Even my mutt knows that. He's just an instigator and rabble rouser, and the timing for his transgressions is always the worst! :banghead:

Bad behavior -- he's in the dog house! :eek: (Oh wait . . . he doesn't have a dog house. Well . . . actually he did , , , but he refused to ever step inside it. :facepalm: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom