The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I'm so happy you were able to get out and have some fun while stuck here!!!!!! When are you leaving?
I fly out Friday morning, so I am going down to Denver on Thursday afternoon and staying in a hotel Thursday night. It's a 3.5 drive down to Denver and I have to be at the airport 3 hours before my flight since it's international. I don't want to make my brother or BIL get up at 2 a.m. to take me to the airport, so I'm going Thursday night. The worst thing is that most international flights leave in the morning...and get there in the morning. So after traveling for about 24 hours, you get there in the morning and have to wait until the evening to go to sleep or you get your days and nights mixed up. I can't seem to sleep on the plane.

Songbird76

I'm really starting to dislike both sides of both our families! Every weekend it's get up get dressed up go some place we don't want to go to:mad::mad::mad::mad: It's getting to the point I want to book elective colonoscopies each weekend:facepalm::brb::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Rant over.
Is it stuff you HAVE to do? You need to have some down time, too. Would they understand if you said "This weekend we need a break, so we won't be doing a, b, or c"?

Figgy1

I fly out Friday morning, so I am going down to Denver on Thursday afternoon and staying in a hotel Thursday night. It's a 3.5 drive down to Denver and I have to be at the airport 3 hours before my flight since it's international. I don't want to make my brother or BIL get up at 2 a.m. to take me to the airport, so I'm going Thursday night. The worst thing is that most international flights leave in the morning...and get there in the morning. So after traveling for about 24 hours, you get there in the morning and have to wait until the evening to go to sleep or you get your days and nights mixed up. I can't seem to sleep on the plane.
Hugs. How many transfers do you have?

Figgy1

Is it stuff you HAVE to do? You need to have some down time, too. Would they understand if you said "This weekend we need a break, so we won't be doing a, b, or c"?
I wish. This seems to be the year everybody is getting married, graduating or reaching a birthday ending with 5 over 70, not to mention James has several concerts and a formal dance:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:. This is our schedule even with skipping a few things. I lucked out last year seeing most family functions were in August so i skipped out on all of those:D:D:D:D:D:angelic:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It's not good here. Poured most of the night. We are personally good so far but the sewer lines around town are past capacity in so many areas. Pray for a few days without rain.

The ducks are fun to watch. Diving into ponds that are not normally there. At least someone is enjoying it.

Cesar R M

Saw some scary video on the national news, about the wide area of destruction from that tornado. I looked on a map of Texas to see where that was. Glad it wasn't near Austin. What a horrible situation for those people up in Canton.
The Path also was pretty weird, it wasnt a continous line, but it swayed weirdly.
I seen some drone footage in youtube and the damage jumped from side to side, leaving some areas where the tornado passed.. untouched, and others in the side completely destroyed.
The "double ringed" damage pattern in the car lot was also interesting.

Cesar R M

Good morning. Rain and very gusty winds here this morning. May have to put off grocery shopping until later. It is dark and dreary. The cat is snuggled in her bed. She is not going to get up until the sun comes out. :cat: Weekend was busy and nice. Got out a lot and transplanted some phlox and put in some new flowers in the front bed. It was very nice to get out and dig dirt! lol
send me some rain please, getting hot around here D:

Songbird76

I wish. This seems to be the year everybody is getting married, graduating or reaching a birthday ending with 5 over 70, not to mention James has several concerts and a formal dance:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:. This is our schedule even with skipping a few things. I lucked out last year seeing most family functions were in August so i skipped out on all of those:D:D:D:D:D:angelic:
Wow...are they CLOSE family? In the Netherlands, only a person's God children will come for birthdays for aunts and uncles and such. So, while DH has 30 or so aunts and uncles (13 kids on his dad's side, 11 on his mom's, and they are all married, though some have passed away now) we really only have to go to 2 of their birthdays/anniversary because they are his God parents. The rest we don't even get invitations for. And then we go to OUR kids' Godparents birthdays. I'd hate having to go to every single function...I really don't like parties.

Figgy1

Wow...are they CLOSE family? In the Netherlands, only a person's God children will come for birthdays for aunts and uncles and such. So, while DH has 30 or so aunts and uncles (13 kids on his dad's side, 11 on his mom's, and they are all married, though some have passed away now) we really only have to go to 2 of their birthdays/anniversary because they are his God parents. The rest we don't even get invitations for. And then we go to OUR kids' Godparents birthdays. I'd hate having to go to every single function...I really don't like parties.
Actually they are all for relatives we both like:joyfull: They also never forget my boys important days and a few have even come for concerts and plays over the years. One of the great aunts came to grandmothers day when my mil was getting her hip done and my mom was sick. I wouldn't mind so much if all the festivities weren't bunched up together and we didn't have the concert schedule on top of that.:banghead: It's the timing not the functions I'm not so happy with

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom