The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

betty rose

Out for me today. I'm going to bed early, an early day tomorrow. Daughter has an appointment with the Doctor. Just routine stuff. We are helping, by lining her shelves in kitchen, bathrooms...the boy's love the new apartment. They each have a separate deck. We saw 6 prarie dogs and a long eared bunny, while sitting on their deck. Mom has a deck too. They have tons of birds and squirrels. The squirrels throw pine cones at your head as you walk under their trees! So funny !

Songbird76

Actually they are all for relatives we both like:joyfull: They also never forget my boys important days and a few have even come for concerts and plays over the years. One of the great aunts came to grandmothers day when my mil was getting her hip done and my mom was sick. I wouldn't mind so much if all the festivities weren't bunched up together and we didn't have the concert schedule on top of that.:banghead: It's the timing not the functions I'm not so happy with
Well, that sucks, but I guess at least you don't have time to be bored. I hope they are at least fun!

Songbird76

Parties are supposed to be fun, but I find that I can't stand 90% of the parties I've been to! :p
Yeah..."supposed to be" being the operative words there...they somehow never turn out to be fun. It just usually turns out to be me sitting there with no one to talk to and bored out of my mind. Or listening to horrid music that I can't stand and just waiting until it won't be impolite to leave.

Songbird76

Oh my, that mother in law story is just terrible! I can't (yet I do) believe that she dressed herself up as a bridesmaid. That took some nerve, or craziness on her part. My hubby's sister told me she didn't like me for quite awhile because I had the same name as her and by marrying her brother I was stealing her name! :eek: People be crazy!
What??? Like you can control what your name is! What did she expect you to do...change your name?

Songbird76

I have a hard time sleeping on the plane too, I usually can if I take a melatonin. Have you tried that? If I have a cocktail and a melatonin then I'm out like a light.

By the way....drag queen bingo sounds like a hoot!
I haven't tried that. But I thought that you had to take melatonin for a few weeks before it started to work.

And yes Drag Queen Bingo was HILARIOUS! They started off with a Drag KING pre-show and the theme was "through the decades" so they played a bunch of theme songs from TV shows in each decade...Happy Days, Gilligans Island, Saved by the Bell, etc. And they had a line dance for each decade...the Hustle, the Electric Slide, the Macarena...so we were all singing and dancing . Then they had different things throughout the night, like a game of Match Up (match game?) and performances where you could tip the queen who was performing and of course all the tips and everything go to the Wyoming AIDS assistance. There was a raffle and I won 2 bottles of wine and 2 gift certificates to Laramie restaurants. I gave the wine to my brother since I don't drink wine, and we used one gift certificate last night. But it was fun, I met some really cool people, and got to support a really good cause, so it was wonderful.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yeah..."supposed to be" being the operative words there...they somehow never turn out to be fun. It just usually turns out to be me sitting there with no one to talk to and bored out of my mind. Or listening to horrid music that I can't stand and just waiting until it won't be impolite to leave.

I feel that way at most parties too. My hubs is an extrovert so he likes parties, actually the worst part is when we stop to talk to people and he stands right in front of me and I have to awkwardly move so I can be part of the conversation. He says he doesn't do it on purpose. I also hate at "parties" when all the women wind up in one area and all the guys are in another. I tend to get bored sitting with the women. And I feel more comfortable around the guys but I don't want the women thinking I'm being a witch or that I can't be separated from my husband.

What??? Like you can control what your name is! What did she expect you to do...change your name?

I know I wanted to say that my parents knew it would tick her off in the future that's why they did it and be the smarty pants, but when she told me that I just stayed silent and looked at her. Then she admitted it was a crazy thought. It did not endear me to her though, it just confirmed that she was crazy.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I haven't tried that. But I thought that you had to take melatonin for a few weeks before it started to work.

And yes Drag Queen Bingo was HILARIOUS! They started off with a Drag KING pre-show and the theme was "through the decades" so they played a bunch of theme songs from TV shows in each decade...Happy Days, Gilligans Island, Saved by the Bell, etc. And they had a line dance for each decade...the Hustle, the Electric Slide, the Macarena...so we were all singing and dancing . Then they had different things throughout the night, like a game of Match Up (match game?) and performances where you could tip the queen who was performing and of course all the tips and everything go to the Wyoming AIDS assistance. There was a raffle and I won 2 bottles of wine and 2 gift certificates to Laramie restaurants. I gave the wine to my brother since I don't drink wine, and we used one gift certificate last night. But it was fun, I met some really cool people, and got to support a really good cause, so it was wonderful.

I think the melatonin does work better if it builds up. But I take one just about every night now. I tried it on my flight to Europe and it helped.

donaldtoo

note the UP TO.
Depends on severity and how much DELTA needs THOSE seats.
If a plane can cause a cascade of delays and lose flights costing them more than 10,000, they will surely take that offer.. AND DONT CALL ME SHIRLEY.

Hahaaa...!!!!!!! :hilarious: :joyfull:
A true classic!!! :)
I know I've posted this a few times before, but, that's the only movie I've ever gone back to see at the theater the very next night, just to make sure we caught all the one-liners...!!!!! :hilarious:

BuddyThomas

Okay, I've officially lost my mind. Now wearing this crazy light mask that is supposed to keep you young. LOLLOLOL. As my late mother told me (correctly or incorrectly), "none of this sh#t works". Well, Mom. I'm gonna give it the old college try anyway. I know you'd be doing the same thing. :)

Ohhhhhhhh.JPG

Attachments

• Ohhhhhhhh.JPG
    Ohhhhhhhh.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 1

donaldtoo

Okay, I've officially lost my mind. Now wearing this crazy light mask that is supposed to keep you young. LOLLOLOL. As my late mother told me (correctly or incorrectly), "none of this sh#t works". Well, Mom. I'm gonna give it the old college try anyway. I know you'd be doing the same thing. :)

View attachment 202434

Hahaaa...!!!!! :hilarious: :oops: :D :oops:
Sorry, Buddy, good luck, but I'm takin' moms side on this one...! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom