The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Good afternoon, all. We got back from our get away with dd and the boy's. It was such a good time. We ate all meals out trying new foods, we had snow, and drove through a foot of snow when we left. We went to Estes Park, where they had little snow. Go figure...here are the pictures I promised...First the little guy singing solo at school...the rest are at Estes Park.... IMG_5177.JPG

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ahhhh...now that you mention it I can vaguely remember you meeting up with your Dad when you were in Florida. I can appreciate that so so with the Dad without knowing a dang thing, that was always me and my Dad. I was his Princess but when I did what I was told and did what he said...even in his dying days. The man had no boundaries and wanted to be the control freak and always WIN at all costs. It came to blows when he thought he had any say with my children that he adored.

I get the inlaw thing. My extended family from day one was beyond insane. Though my FIL was an awesome awesome man. I miss him. We did have a special bond and I know he loved me vs the MIL that we still have mutual hatred. (being an excellent seamstress, as example she showed up to my wedding, as a special surprise-she had contacted the dress shop where the bridesmaids had ordered their dresses...got the color swatch and style of dress and made herself an exact copy of the dresses my bridesmaids wore. While I am not a fan of the tradition that Mothers of the Groom wearing beige as that is a horrid color for many, but can you imagine the photo's and the day as a 60 year old woman dressed up as a bridesmaid being a welcomed surprise?) Yep. Not a fan. I get along OK with one brother and his wife, the other set not at all. Worse nightmare is those two brothers married two Sisters. My FIL was the only sane one of the bunch.

Oh my, that mother in law story is just terrible! I can't (yet I do) believe that she dressed herself up as a bridesmaid. That took some nerve, or craziness on her part. My hubby's sister told me she didn't like me for quite awhile because I had the same name as her and by marrying her brother I was stealing her name! :eek: People be crazy!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm really starting to dislike both sides of both our families! Every weekend it's get up get dressed up go some place we don't want to go to:mad::mad::mad::mad: It's getting to the point I want to book elective colonoscopies each weekend:facepalm::brb::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Rant over.

Sympathies to you, it's no fun having your weekends or time filled up with that stuff.

But on the bright side, don't those family occasions usually have wine? ;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I fly out Friday morning, so I am going down to Denver on Thursday afternoon and staying in a hotel Thursday night. It's a 3.5 drive down to Denver and I have to be at the airport 3 hours before my flight since it's international. I don't want to make my brother or BIL get up at 2 a.m. to take me to the airport, so I'm going Thursday night. The worst thing is that most international flights leave in the morning...and get there in the morning. So after traveling for about 24 hours, you get there in the morning and have to wait until the evening to go to sleep or you get your days and nights mixed up. I can't seem to sleep on the plane.

I have a hard time sleeping on the plane too, I usually can if I take a melatonin. Have you tried that? If I have a cocktail and a melatonin then I'm out like a light.

By the way....drag queen bingo sounds like a hoot!

donaldtoo

Estes Park, the Stanley Hotel (Haunted !!)
View attachment 202389

View attachment 202390

View from our deck at the Lodge

View attachment 202392

View attachment 202393

Breakfast
View attachment 202394
View attachment 202395
Dinner
View attachment 202396
View attachment 202397

Inside of Restaurant (News from 1850)
View attachment 202398
View attachment 202399
We all had a Great time !!

Absolutely beautiful!!!
Thanks for posting the pics, Bets!
Glad y'all all had a great time...!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom