The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Do you remember having a quick spin?
c43c62b7cb8e759a45158e8f43eb365b.jpg

or remember being told it doesn't sting...
72a7ceeb618ae7270c4807b799df9648.jpg

Or remember dusty candy at your relatives house?
55a4187976b2e8410ea78a0ac1140378.jpg

Or remember the original recipe for
c2ac5568170b8a125a1092f1b7cb2dc3.jpg

it was the one and only one that actually seemed to do what it claimed, recipe seems to have changed, forever.

Or the crib toy bought for almost every newborn that parents learned to hate as it made so much noise...woke parents and babies that accidently kicked it. My DD dialing the phone was my alarm clock.
a0df9a3d4d734e00be6180e3ccf7a1ef.jpg

Or remember the best gum in its own pouch that my Dad always said NO to...(it will rot your teeth)
545ea6b2a370330164b8856272f563af.jpg

BuddyThomas

it was the one and only one that actually seemed to do what it claimed, recipe seems to have changed, forever.

Or the crib toy bought for almost every newborn that parents learned to hate as it made so much noise...woke parents and babies that accidently kicked it. My DD dialing the phone was my alarm clock.

Or remember the best gum in its own pouch that my Dad always said NO to...(it will rot your teeth)
Okay, that is awesome.

Gabe1

Your story got me looking on eBay. When I was little, I lost one of my beenie baby Dumbos in the park. I found one exactly like it on eBay. $5. I'm super tempted...

Great side story of a CM, when I lost the beanie baby Dumbo, I was devastated. My mom told a CM where we had lost it, but we couldn't find it. The CM found a Dumbo very much like it, just with a different collar, in the claw machine, and gave it to me to replace my lost one. Gotta love CMs.:inlove:

CMs get a bad rap at the parks. Pretty thankless job most of the time. Even the smallest of gestures. The day we arrived on our last trip it was beyond humid. Being up a very long time already when we met and went into the MK. DS hadn't had the opportunity to dress for the parks weather that day was beyond warm. We passed a kiosk and a CM handed him a bottle of water and said have a Magical Day.

It was sweet of your CM to do that. I saw a little kid loose his Mickey Premium ice cream bar, father annoyed with the kid :confused: and a CM out of nowhere hand the kid a fresh one. Kind CM, stupid gene pool.

Gabe1

Gabe1

It was only 77 here today. :cold:
Up to 82 tomorrow, 85 on Saturday, 86 on Sunday, only to have a cold front take us back down to a high of only 81 on Monday...!!! :cold:

:D :cautious: :oops: ;)

I don't trust too many meteorologists more than 45 minutes out but the weather .com is saying Sunday will be 76 and partly sunny here. A way cool day is planned and I pray the meteorologists are not messing with me. :happy:

Figgy1

We wouldn't have even thought about it to be honest. My first trip after my birthday was to DL, so we drank more there.

We did order a pitcher of Sangria last trip at Via Nappoli. None of us could walk straight afterward.

Did I ever post a picture of this margarita I had in San Diego?
View attachment 198734
And that was the medium.
That's the regular size for Sangria in UNIIMG_3670.JPG

Figgy1

Spin thing no, bactine, yucky candy, vicks, and toy yes( I may have bought one of those noisy to to gift at a baby shower:oops: sorry) gum no

Figgy1

Good morning to all, for me not exactly. We had thunder almost all night, the lights flickered, my dh wasn't here and I'm still adjusting to his night time absence. Guess how much sleep I didn't get:mad: The only good things are it stayed above freezing, school is open, my chores are caught up, I have left overs and I can sleep during the day, or at least get a nap to hold me over until tonight:facepalm:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Piano came easily for me. I was good at it though I can't say as a kid I liked it, it wasn't a choice, my Mom bought a Piano and we were going to learn to play it. When I bought a home my Mom called up a mover and when I opened the door there was the piano. :eek:

My stuff'd was Yogi. I lost him on my first trip to DL as a toddler at the San Diego zoo. Backtracking my Aunt and my Mom found Yogi on top of a trash can. He was well loved already. My Sis was attached to Mrs. Beasley. She disintegrated at college with my Sis and she never quite got over it. Last year for her Birthday I found a vintage one, still in her box. Best present I ever gave her. My niece, a then freshman in college looked at me as if I had lost my marbles. :geek:

What a wonderful gesture to track down Mrs. Beasley for your sister--an amazing gift for her after all these years!! (Maybe she'll find you a Yogi for your birthday?! ;) )

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We have a political thread? :confused: :jawdrop:

Yah, it's been there for a while now. I think part of the reason to introduce the threads was an attempt to keep N&R slightly more sane. Whenever someone would give their political opinions up there, things got crazy really fast. So my hunch is that the mods finally gave in--and provided a space for political discussions, to keep politics out of other threads and derailing them.

I've checked the political threads periodically, but I really joined here for the Disney discussions and escape.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning to all, for me not exactly. We had thunder almost all night, the lights flickered, my dh wasn't here and I'm still adjusting to his night time absence. Guess how much sleep I didn't get:mad: The only good things are it stayed above freezing, school is open, my chores are caught up, I have left overs and I can sleep during the day, or at least get a nap to hold me over until tonight:facepalm:

I imagine that will take a while for you to adjust to his new, nightly schedule. Going from a daytime routine to nighttime, would throw off anyone's momentum. How are the boys handling it? I hope you get to take a nap today at some point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom