The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I think lake front(my house is only "lake view") may be better. I tried to go out to the garage. My foot stuck in the mud, I went splat, had to get into the shower, clothes straight into the washer and the fun part is the bottom half of my left leg doesn't feel so good. I'm hoping to be fully mobile by morning.

That bites. Sympathy like.
Hope your leg is better by now (a week-ish later :rolleyes:), Figgy...!!! :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The conference was pretty good today. For dinner we had pizza and beer we paid for the pizza with the school credit card but we didn't think it would look good to have beer on the school credit card! One of my co-workers really wanted to see Beauty and the Beast so we've all went to that. I think I enjoyed it more the second time.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Blah. Brings back some horrid memories of my first piano teacher. Ever take lessons from someone that isn't qualified to teach? I was still real young, super great reflexes and this old lady is trying to teach the art of getting your freak'n hands off the keys quickly and she couldn't. Made me cringe.

She was real great at rules of sit up straight, proper hand placement blah blah blah, basically great at nagging.

I really love Dumbo as a Plush and a Character but really dislike the movie. There are some Disney Classics that have made for some great attractions at the park but in film not so much. I find Bambi to be another annoying one.
Your story makes me grateful for my piano teacher. She was a retired chorus teacher who taught piano part time for some extra cash. She was super patient and kind, which was good because looking back, there were times I could really be a difficult student. Stubborn, not particularly motivated at times. But we stuck with it, and then one summer, I made great strides, almost like something had suddenly clicked in my brain. She died of lung cancer when I was in high school. I never took lessons again because I never wanted to learn with anyone else.

As for Dumbo, on my first trip to WDW as a baby, my parents held up a bunch of stuffed animals for me. They held up a Dumbo, and I grabbed both ears, and that was it. He was mine. That was the toy I always slept with. I still have original Dumbo. Along with a collection of Dumbos. I still take a Dumbo (not original; I'm too afraid something would happen to him) on vacation with me (I sometimes have trouble sleeping, so it kind of helps). I love anything Dumbo, including the movie. I like things a little bizarre sometimes (Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite books) so pink elephants on parade has always been rather amusing for me. There's a Dumbo picture on my wall, and he's my antenna topper. My love of Dumbo is probably what inspired my love of elephants as well.:inlove:

donaldtoo

@donaldtoo
Here is an article you will likely enjoy about George McGinnis honoring him with his passing today. FYI the autobio is really good too.

http://progresscityusa.com/

Thanks, Gabe.
I'll read it in totum after I log off tonight, or tomorrow after Half-day Friday.
You know how much I loved Horizons...!!! :happy:
Thanks again...!

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Your story makes me grateful for my piano teacher. She was a retired chorus teacher who taught piano part time for some extra cash. She was super patient and kind, which was good because looking back, there were times I could really be a difficult student. Stubborn, not particularly motivated at times. But we stuck with it, and then one summer, I made great strides, almost like something had suddenly clicked in my brain. She died of lung cancer when I was in high school. I never took lessons again because I never wanted to learn with anyone else.

As for Dumbo, on my first trip to WDW as a baby, my parents held up a bunch of stuffed animals for me. They held up a Dumbo, and I grabbed both ears, and that was it. He was mine. That was the toy I always slept with. I still have original Dumbo. Along with a collection of Dumbos. I still take a Dumbo (not original; I'm too afraid something would happen to him) on vacation with me (I sometimes have trouble sleeping, so it kind of helps). I love anything Dumbo, including the movie. I like things a little bizarre sometimes (Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite books) so pink elephants on parade has always been rather amusing for me. There's a Dumbo picture on my wall, and he's my antenna topper. My love of Dumbo is probably what inspired my love of elephants as well.:inlove:

Piano came easily for me. I was good at it though I can't say as a kid I liked it, it wasn't a choice, my Mom bought a Piano and we were going to learn to play it. When I bought a home my Mom called up a mover and when I opened the door there was the piano. :eek:

My stuff'd was Yogi. I lost him on my first trip to DL as a toddler at the San Diego zoo. Backtracking my Aunt and my Mom found Yogi on top of a trash can. He was well loved already. My Sis was attached to Mrs. Beasley. She disintegrated at college with my Sis and she never quite got over it. Last year for her Birthday I found a vintage one, still in her box. Best present I ever gave her. My niece, a then freshman in college looked at me as if I had lost my marbles. :geek:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thanks, Gabe.
I'll read it in totem after I log off tonight, or tomorrow after Half-day Friday.
You know how much I loved Horizons...!!! :happy:
Thanks again...!

Just knew you'd enjoy reading it. He was my favorite imagineer and can't believe while he was alive he was not named a Legend. Guess cause he went down kick'n and screaming when they decided to tear down Horizons....we all know how that works out. Sad to see a good man pass on. :(

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Piano came easily for me. I was good at it though I can't say as a kid I liked it, it wasn't a choice, my Mom bought a Piano and we were going to learn to play it. When I bought a home my Mom called up a mover and when I opened the door there was the piano. :eek:

My stuff'd was Yogi. I lost him on my first trip to DL as a toddler at the San Diego zoo. Backtracking my Aunt and my Mom found Yogi on top of a trash can. He was well loved already. My Sis was attached to Mrs. Beasley. She disintegrated at college with my Sis and she never quite got over it. Last year for her Birthday I found a vintage one, still in her box. Best present I ever gave her. My niece, a then freshman in college looked at me as if I had lost my marbles. :geek:
Your story got me looking on eBay. When I was little, I lost one of my beenie baby Dumbos in the park. I found one exactly like it on eBay. $5. I'm super tempted...

Great side story of a CM, when I lost the beanie baby Dumbo, I was devastated. My mom told a CM where we had lost it, but we couldn't find it. The CM found a Dumbo very much like it, just with a different collar, in the claw machine, and gave it to me to replace my lost one. Gotta love CMs.:inlove:

donaldtoo

O.k. So I just shut everything down, logged out of here and went on Chrome to pull up the Disney Store. It connects but the thing just keeps spinning. So then I went to Chrome and typed in Disney Store Micky Mouse Club chair and nothing came up except something (sorta close . . . ;)) but I don't think this is it--from Walmart--on sale for $19.99--

https://www.walmart.com/ip/37086469...75035&wl11=online&wl12=37086469&wl13=&veh=sem

Oodles more affordable, though...!!! :hilarious: ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom