The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

And do you remember going to the library in the days before privacy concerns and being able to see everyone who had read the book before you?
21c92d7818d6352564dc860bd43cae71.jpg

or a mimeograph machine with purple ink and intoxicating smell

ba5dd583017ca961c71d56b8fb3fa665.jpg

or the days before the invention of the plastic grocery bag?
22bb0c7b19602efa72ead940e8867925.jpg

or do you remember the day you actually rolled the window down and could break a rib or two if someone closed the door for you too quickly?
5175c84746fa3ed4a0273a78b710dfda.jpg

or when slides were tall, metal and burnt your tushie?
1be1936b57b65663ebcc78620e5c4062.jpg
Yes to all. It is crazy to think that all us kids back then could not wait for a fresh mimeographed piece of paper. :confused: What? A quiz today? No problem! Just give me that piece of paper you just got off the mimeograph machine.;):)

MySmallWorldof4

The first resort I saw messed up by DVC was AKL when they retrofitted rooms and did it quite poorly. Some like the Beach Club and Boardwalk were done well and the Floridian turned out pretty well. Now the Poly and WL with their waterfront strange invasion I am not a fan of. BLT at the Contemporary I waffle on, I don't mind its placement or what it has to offer I just wish it had matched the architecture and blended better with the Contemporary. I'm still a fan of the Original timeshare, OKW and similarly Saratoga Springs though that place is beyond massive, great place to ride a bike though right @epcotisbest ?
I like OKW, just not the location. I love the layout and I think it is the most spacious of all the DVC's. HHI also uses the same floor plans as OKW, and my family loves that DVC. It is really beautiful and so peaceful. Our favorite end of summer vacation place. The only sad part is when we go it is the end of the summer. So why wait until end of summer to go? Because the rate drops by over $200 a night for a 2 bedroom!:)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
And do you remember going to the library in the days before privacy concerns and being able to see everyone who had read the book before you?

or do you remember the day you actually rolled the window down and could break a rib or two if someone closed the door for you too quickly?

I still remember the slides and library cards for sure. I even remember my old library number. I was the kid that had her nose stuck in a book, so I used that library number a lot.

MySmallWorldof4

Yes please and OUCH:greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I know. That is the cost of our room at The Cabins in May! :confused: Of course the trip is 8 days and a piece of furniture would last as long as however long it would take for kids and pets to ruin it. :banghead::(That just means I would never get it until I have no kids or pets in the home which will be forever. I can at least imagine having it. :p

MouseDreaming

I remember most of those. The library cards were a fun part of my first job in the library.Making sure they were pulled before the book went back on the shelf.

About that slide, it still exists in the UP. It always bothers me a bit. It is at Black River Harbor, right by a suspended bridge that leads to Lake Superior's shore.
Here is the bridge
black-river-harbor-suspension-bridge-sign-in-bessemer-michigan-eaf4cc.jpg

And, not it exactly, but here is what the slide at the little playground looks like
IMG_4744.JPG

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Sorry for not being clear. Its not the "animated" version of the movie.
I mean after the ending of the live action movie... Before the TEXT credits roll, they present ALL the characters in their respective movie clothing with the actor name. They move, smile, etc.. There is a song in the background on this scene.
I said "animated ending". Because most movies just go straight to the text credits or have very simple animated credits.
It's "How Does a Moment Last Forever". Celine Dion. :)

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I had to do something horrible today. Completely terrible. It went against every fiber of my being, but I did it anyway.

I used Internet Explorer.

After Chrome and Firefox wouldn't work. Not that IE worked either, but I tried it anyway. It was a terrible experience that I am never, ever repeating. Hopefully I am not too traumatized.

:hilarious:

93boomer

Premium Member
Sympathy like. Hope you're feeling better by now.
That's one downside to Central Texas...airborne plant allergens.
I've never had major issues with them, just a few times off and on over the years, but, many have ongoing issues with them during different times of the year.
Everything from cedar, to oak, to ragweed, to molds, etc.
But, it seems it's not bad enough for many to drive them away...! ;)
Thanks! I am doing much better. The Singular, Zyrtec, and daily inhaler seem to have taken control of my allergy/asthma issue. Breathing and feeling better than I have in a year! :)

93boomer

Premium Member

Yes on all the above. And now I feel really old! Thanks for that!:(

93boomer

Premium Member
Marchuary is getting old but the groundhog won't:D tonight's dinner Italian wedding soup with groundhog meatballs and whatever red wine I still have after this way too long winter:cold::coldfeet::cry::bawling::arghh::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Currently 28 and not going anywhere.
Yuck and just yuck!! Hopefully, it will get warm up there soon. :) I am hoping we have seen the last of winter down here. We hit 80 yesterday and already at 70 with rain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom