The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
OK @ajrwdwgirl @MySmallWorldof4 @donaldtoo @MinnieM123

This is my favorite map. I bought it at Barnes & Noble. It folds just like a road map (B&N actually has all sorts of maps) This one was meant for me as it is also laminated. Love it! :inlove: Oddly, they left off a resort.

819GAzpJYLL.jpg

MapEasy Guidemap Orlando
Orlando is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world! And with good reason...there is more to do here than almost anywhere else on the planet! No other GuideMap offers you the depth of information about the varied attractions in Orlando other than MapEasy. Come with us, and we will share our secrets for a truly memorable trip to Orlando. Learn the best entrances and the best times to visit the Magic Kingdom. Explore the thrills of Disney-MGM Studios or the excitement of the Animal Kingdom. For a change of pace, visit Universal Studios and Sea World with us. No matter what park you are exploring, MapEasy provides detailed information of all of you lodging
options, whether you are looking for a family campsite or the best Disney hotel for access to EPCOT. Its all here...and a lot more! The Orlando Guidemap includes detailed sections for the Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, Magic Kingdom, Disney-MGM Studios, Sea World, and Universal Studios.

Stuff like this too
orlando-map-international-drive.jpg

That's a fun map. I was just looking at the I-Drive insert above, and I realized just how long it's been since I was up in that area. Going back to the late 80s and 90s, I-Drive was really nice and unique. Do you remember Mercado, a pleasant outdoor (smallish) shopping area with different sorts of shops? Man, that place turned into a dive years later, and was never the same. I don't even know if it exists anymore.

Hopefully, they still have those beautiful palm trees lining I-Drive down that center stretch of land between the lanes.

Figgy1

It was messy here but the December storms were far worse. We and I mean my little Hamlet didn't get what was predicted for us. Maybe 9 inches??? Day one kinda skirted us and only a few inches of fluff. Day two we came out better than I thought we would have, we were right on the edge of some very heavy stuff. This was the snowball packing, crunch under your feet snow. Though 9 inches is nothing to sneeze at we escaped what was predicted.

I put down dirt where the pipe broke. Well I hired the boy 2 doors down to do that. Put grass seed down and hired the boy to put another layer of dirt down. He even took it out of my truck and graded it so nicely. Now there is a nice layer of snow ontop. So hopefully when the weather warms next week a tiny bit the grass will start growing. I was so sick of looking at that big clay mound with tree roots on my parkway. Called in a favor from public works, they sent a
Bob Cat out to level it so I didn't have to wait till Spring/Summer. Upside I don't even have to see the dirt cause it is covered in snow. Only bonus to the white fluff.
Right now I'd rather be looking at dirt:hilarious:

Goofyernmost

Hope that all went well and you are well.
As far as I know, everything was fine. I find it fascinating that before you leave they give you a selection of HD color photos of ones interior. I'll know for sure after the lab reports are done, but, I was watching the entire procedure on a big screen TV and I didn't spot a single alien up in there :eek: so I should be OK. :)

Goofyernmost

Hamlet doesn't believe in pretreating. What if it doesn't snow? :confused:
My experience is that pretreating is just a way for politicians to make you think they care. I have never seen when it was even a little useful. That's true especially here. The ground never freezes, heat rises and does the same thing as the alleged brine treatment is said to do. But, it gives a false sense of preparation to the populace. (And it's cheap as it isn't much more then water and salt.)

MySmallWorldof4

We don't do that. If our last day is June 7 and we don't use any snowdays then they are released early for summer break by 7 days May 31st. Use the snow days and go until calendar release date
They don't do that in our district even though school days are supposedly built into the schedule. The district just north of us took away President's Day this year. Now I assume they will take away Good Friday or the Monday after Easter. They get done here right before Memorial Day.

MySmallWorldof4

I would always lose my pencils before they would get to that point. I used mechanical pencils in college because of the general lack of pencil sharpeners. Now I don't like regular ones because they don't stay sharp.
I used the mechanical on HS too. They seemed to last forever so I bought my kids mechanical pencils one year. They must make them different now because it seemed they were out of lead in no time. We went back to those Ticonderoga #2.

MySmallWorldof4

OK @ajrwdwgirl @MySmallWorldof4 @donaldtoo @MinnieM123

This is my favorite map. I bought it at Barnes & Noble. It folds just like a road map (B&N actually has all sorts of maps) This one was meant for me as it is also laminated. Love it! :inlove: Oddly, they left off a resort.

819GAzpJYLL.jpg

MapEasy Guidemap Orlando
Orlando is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world! And with good reason...there is more to do here than almost anywhere else on the planet! No other GuideMap offers you the depth of information about the varied attractions in Orlando other than MapEasy. Come with us, and we will share our secrets for a truly memorable trip to Orlando. Learn the best entrances and the best times to visit the Magic Kingdom. Explore the thrills of Disney-MGM Studios or the excitement of the Animal Kingdom. For a change of pace, visit Universal Studios and Sea World with us. No matter what park you are exploring, MapEasy provides detailed information of all of you lodging
options, whether you are looking for a family campsite or the best Disney hotel for access to EPCOT. Its all here...and a lot more! The Orlando Guidemap includes detailed sections for the Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, Magic Kingdom, Disney-MGM Studios, Sea World, and Universal Studios.

Stuff like this too
orlando-map-international-drive.jpg
THat is an AWESOME map!!!:jawdrop::)

MySmallWorldof4

My experience is that pretreating is just a way for politicians to make you think they care. I have never seen when it was even a little useful. That's true especially here. The ground never freezes, heat rises and does the same thing as the alleged brine treatment is said to do. But, it gives a false sense of preparation to the populace. (And it's cheap as it isn't much more then water and salt.)
Yeah, the roads still get snow covered and iced over. Maybe they should try geothermal heated roads instead. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom