The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My DH just told me that right now the storm track has us getting maybe 12 inches from Tuesday thru Wednesday!:(:coldfeet: I am hoping that these people who are 80% wrong in their forecasting, are wrong on this. Or, send it all up to @MinnieM123 . :pShe seems to like it and for the life of me I don't know why. :confused:
It should start here in a few hours and end sometime on Tuesday. I've been hearing anywhere from 3 inches to 14 inches. :cautious:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Surprisingly, in spite of bad press, down here, at least, they are pretty accurate. During a 24 hour period they are right on usually both with temperature and forecasting rain or snow events. If they say the day before that by 10am the temperature will be 55 degrees, you can count on it. If they say that rain will start at 1pm, have your umbrella with you and if they say it will stop by 3pm, you can put it away. I have been absolutely amazed by how precise they have become. Of course certain things can alter that, but, it doesn't happen often.

We have boatloads of meteorologists around here and one, just one that I trust. When he retires it is going to be like playing darts.
Weather%2Bboard.jpg

donaldtoo

My DH just told me that right now the storm track has us getting maybe 12 inches from Tuesday thru Wednesday!:(:coldfeet: I am hoping that these people who are 80% wrong in their forecasting, are wrong on this. Or, send it all up to @MinnieM123 . :pShe seems to like it and for the life of me I don't know why. :confused:

Hahaaa...! to that last part, and, hopefully the weather people are wrong as heck, yet again...!

donaldtoo

Yah, I saw a few of the weather "models" on the news. I like how they always have two to three "tracks" they use--that way, they can save face if they're wrong. ;) They can just say, "Oh yah, it was the track 2 version of the storm, instead of 1 or 3." They think that instills some confidence in their forecasting abilities, for the viewing public. :rolleyes: :p Heaven forbid they just spit out what they really think will happen, and let the chips fall--just like the rest of us who have jobs and have to be accountable?! :banghead:

image.jpeg

:oops:

;)

donaldtoo

Yes, and it was fun after you got out of the northern states where everyone thought that those were curse word receptacles and could not utter a sentence without storing dozens of them. Down south they were so much fun. Those men and women using CB's had amazing senses of humor and were just plan downright funny. Hardly ever a curse word.

Yes, I wasn't allowed to curse 'til I was 21. :cyclops:
And, even then, all I was allowed to say was "heck" and "darn" (well, "dern", down here ;))...!!! :eek: :D ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom