The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Well, @MinnieM123, I hope you are happy. We have to call out the National Guard now, but, I promise we will rebuild and be better then before. The challenge is to remove the 1/4 inch of snow that is leaving our suffering little blades of grass shivering and sticking out through the white underbelly of disaster. The trees, tender little buds that just a day ago where joyously getting ready to blossom into leaves are now huddling together trying to protect themselves from that evil white stuff. The saddest thing is that those blades of grass just got a new cut last Wednesday so that they could look good for Daylight Savings time and the Spring Solstice due here next week. All that may just be ruined unless the thaw occurs really soon (starting at noon). I'm sure that the stores will have a run on not only bread and milk, but, winter hats, parkas, thermal underwear, woolen mittens and frostbite cream. This is serious.

FutureCEO

Well, @MinnieM123, I hope you are happy. We have to call out the National Guard now, but, I promise we will rebuild and be better then before. The challenge is to remove the 1/4 inch of snow that is leaving our suffering little blades of grass shivering and sticking out through the white underbelly of disaster. The trees, tender little buds that just a day ago where joyously getting ready to blossom into leaves are now huddling together trying to protect themselves from that evil white stuff. The saddest thing is that those blades of grass just got a new cut last Wednesday so that they could look good for Daylight Savings time and the Spring Solstice due here next week. All that may just be ruined unless the thaw occurs really soon (starting at noon). I'm sure that the stores will have a run on not only bread and milk, but, winter hats, parkas, thermal underwear, woolen mittens and frostbite cream. This is serious.

The forecast here for Tuesday is one to two feet.

Goofyernmost

Major Disaster Update: We have sent the Guard back home, the snow has all disappeared, the sun is out, the temperature has zoomed up to 42 degrees and all is right with the world again. I was tough sledding there for a short while, but, we came through it unscathed physically, but, a little shook up psychologically. With proper counseling we will recover. Thanks everyone for all you cards and letters of support, but, we will live to see another day and maybe even play golf. Who knows?

donaldtoo

Wrapped in cheese and a crescent roll with no toppings. :) I had hot dogs a lot while working at Municipal Stadium in my younger days that I don't care for them boiled unless they have Stadium mustard and onions. I like to roast them over my stove's burner.

We make them that way now, too, although I still usually put mustard on them. :hungry:

It's funny, even after all those years we worked the University of Texas concessions, at football games, basketball games, concerts, etc, to raise money for both DDs HS choirs, I can still eat boiled hot dogs just fine, and I cooked about a bazillion hot dogs over those years...!!! :confused:
At the Frank Erwin Center (basketball, concerts, etc.), I boiled them (which was the vast majority of the time, since the football games, of course, were only 6-7 home games per season), but, at the football stadium, I had a roller grill to use. I liked 'em better from the roller grill, but, darn, that thing was a PITA to clean towards the end of our 10-ish hour shifts.:cyclops:
Also, the commercial hot dogs we used were sooo much more tasty than anything you could find at the local grocery store, at the time, anyway...! :hungry: :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom