The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

That is sooooo mean!!
@MinnieM123 is a very generous person who likes to share. Unfortunately, she likes to share snow when some of us don't particularly want it. I've been trying to tell her for years we don't want it. She just doesn't seem to understand that we don't need our lives disrupted by cold wet fluff falling from the sky.

She also likes mornings. Very strange indeed. :p

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
@MinnieM123 is a very generous person who likes to share. Unfortunately, she likes to share snow when some of us don't particularly want it. I've been trying to tell her for years we don't want it. She just doesn't seem to understand that we don't need our lives disrupted by cold wet fluff falling from the sky.

She also likes mornings. Very strange indeed. :p
I keep trying to get her to send it East but it never arrives :(

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Major Disaster Update: We have sent the Guard back home, the snow has all disappeared, the sun is out, the temperature has zoomed up to 42 degrees and all is right with the world again. I was tough sledding there for a short while, but, we came through it unscathed physically, but, a little shook up psychologically. With proper counseling we will recover. Thanks everyone for all you cards and letters of support, but, we will live to see another day and maybe even play golf. Who knows?

:hilarious:

donaldtoo

Around here, I know of someone who ate squirrels as a kid. Good thing she moved out of the boonies and moved here to the sticks. ;)

Hahaaa...!
I've eaten a bunch of squirrel, rabbit, bullfrog, etc., that we hunted over the years on both grandparents farms. :hungry:
And, you've never heard my squirrel story, either, since you're still a bit new here... :D :rolleyes: ;)
One time, several years ago, my folks had us over for another Sunday dinner. I walked in the house, and immediately smelled somethin' nice cookin' on the stove. I took the lid off the pot, and thought that it looked like some awfully small chicken (how it didn't register with me, I have no clue :cyclops:).
Several minutes later, the table was all set, and we sat down to say grace.
Directly after, my pop picked up the pan of "chicken" and offered it to my DWifey saying "Squirrel, Carolyn?"
I thought she was gonna' wretch right there...!!! :eek:
To make things more clear, my DWifey does NOT do "exotic" food...at all.
On the other hand, my pop, myself, and one of my other brothers that was present, destroyed that squirrel...!!! :hungry:
When I asked my pop about it, he said that that particular squirrel just looked sooo plump and tasty in the trap, that he just couldn't resist...!!! :eek: :hilarious:

Last edited:

donaldtoo

We actually ended up getting lucky. Only maybe 2 inches? I think it was closer to 1. The roads melted quickly. The winds on the other hand were kind of vicious and we ended up getting a few squalls in the afternoon where it looked like a blizzard for 5 minutes and then the sun came out. I am hoping that the storm for Tuesday fizzles. Weather people now have a snowflake in for Wednesday also.:bawling::bawling: The temps they have too belong in January. We haven't had temps that cold this winter, or at least I don't remember. I mean for heavens sake, the daffodils were starting to come up and some of the trees were starting to come out of hibernation. :confused:

Oh my.
Sympathy like.

donaldtoo

We are supposed to get some snow tonight, just 1-3 inches so nothing major. Then we are going to "warm" up to the 40's by the end of the week with some rain/ice on Friday.

Glad to hear it's not gonna' be too bad for y'all...! :)
Most of the day today we've been overcast and in the 50's, with predicted lows in the 40's overnight. More normal for us this time of year.
The 80's we've had lately, although very much welcomed, are just not the usual for us this time of year. And, although we'll take it, summer could be a real scorcher...!!! :eek: ;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Glad to hear it's not gonna' be too bad for y'all...! :)
Most of the day today we've been overcast and in the 50's, with predicted lows in the 40's overnight. More normal for us this time of year.
The 80's we've had lately, although very much welcomed, are just not the usual for us this time of year. And, although we'll take it, summer could be a real scorcher...!!! :eek: ;)

Right after I replied to you I looked out the window and it was snowing. :( 40's and 50's don't sound too bad, although 80's would be just fine with me! :cool: Hopefully you won't get too much of a scorcher, although scorching heat is preferable to me over negatives!

donaldtoo

Right after I replied to you I looked out the window and it was snowing. :( 40's and 50's don't sound too bad, although 80's would be just fine with me! :cool: Hopefully you won't get too much of a scorcher, although scorching heat is preferable to me over negatives!

Oh my, sympathy like.
But, yes, I'll take the scorching temps over the negative temps, too...!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom