The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Sympathy like. We're getting 5-8 inches. Not a ton, but this is Maryland, so we'll shut down.
We were down in Bowie for a cheer competition on Saturday and trees had beautiful white flowers on them. The willows were starting to bloom. I live an hour and a half outside DC and our daffodils are starting to come up. Who would think that a massive storm was coming?:(

My Dad a contractor who had a slower time in Spring before commercial build season ramped up took a break each spring. He pulled us from school every spring for around a month or so, took all our books and we'd take a break at the heat of the day and do all our school work. We always came back ahead of the class, we kept up.
Nowadays if you took your kids out of school for a month you would be in jail. Sad. :rolleyes:

Is it sad that I don't even know what a Water Moccasin is?
I heard of them before, but didn't know what they looked like. Had to look that up.

Sympathy like, we just got moved to 18-24
Isn't it strange that with this massive storm coming The Weather Channel only played How Planes Crash and some show about weather disasters yesterday? Had to wait until 9PM to get some update on the storm, and even then they didn't show potential different tracks. Except, EXCEPT, one of their guys said a similar scenario played out in 2013, and where DC was supposed to get loads of snow they ended up with rain. We are 8-12 in still, but up where my DH works, it might be up to 24. He is not happy.:(

Figgy1

Premium Member
We were down in Bowie for a cheer competition on Saturday and trees had beautiful white flowers on them. The willows were starting to bloom. I live an hour and a half outside DC and our daffodils are starting to come up. Who would think that a massive storm was coming?:(

Nowadays if you took your kids out of school for a month you would be in jail. Sad. :rolleyes:

I heard of them before, but didn't know what they looked like. Had to look that up.

Isn't it strange that with this massive storm coming The Weather Channel only played How Planes Crash and some show about weather disasters yesterday? Had to wait until 9PM to get some update on the storm, and even then they didn't show potential different tracks. Except, EXCEPT, one of their guys said a similar scenario played out in 2013, and where DC was supposed to get loads of snow they ended up with rain. We are 8-12 in still, but up where my DH works, it might be up to 24. He is not happy.:(
Can your dh take tomorrow off?

MySmallWorldof4

Can your dh take tomorrow off?
He owns his own business so any time he cannot work means a no production day and it screws up his schedule and makes him unhappy. This seemed to be the first winter in the last 3 years that he hasn't had to close once. And people wonder why March is the least liked month of the year. Teases us with budding trees and smells of spring and then BOOM! It was a false sense of winter being over. Just plain cruel.:(

Figgy1

Premium Member
He owns his own business so any time he cannot work means a no production day and it screws up his schedule and makes him unhappy. This seemed to be the first winter in the last 3 years that he hasn't had to close once. And people wonder why March is the least liked month of the year. Teases us with budding trees and smells of spring and then BOOM! It was a false sense of winter being over. Just plain cruel.:(
sympathy like but if it's as bad as it now looks please make him shut down. He won't get much done and will risk his life and others.

Goofyernmost

It's simple... they look like a snake and it's swimming in the water. I often wonder if they are called something different when they are out of the water. I guess all snakes have the ability to swim to some extent. Maybe they are like the Presidents plane. It goes by it's tail number until the President is aboard and then it becomes Air Force One.

MySmallWorldof4

It's simple... they look like a snake and it's swimming in the water. I often wonder if they are called something different when they are out of the water. I guess all snakes have the ability to swim to some extent. Maybe they are like the Presidents plane. It goes by it's tail number until the President is aboard and then it becomes Air Force One.
So on land they are just called Moccasins.;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom