The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My kids hate coleslaw. I love it. Coleslaw has become a very popular topping on BBQ sandwiches and sliders and some burgers. To my surprise both have a fondness for it on their BBQ sliders. We first had them at Scarecrow fest in an Irish Bar/Restaurant vs eating cari food outdoors in the fall with the bees. Not fun. Rapidly we have noticed the slaw appearing on many menus. Though both Philly and Atlanta for as long as I can remember had slaw on their Hotdogs forever, vinegar slaw and creamy-respectively.

I hate coleslaw. Vile stuff !! :hungover:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Outside, small plates and some very filling. The Cobb salad is more than generous. I am a fan of their corn bisque soup and has multiple lobster fritters plopped on top. It is hearty and sticks with ya. It is pricey for soup, $13 but a good solid meal for me (unless it is 95 degrees then all bets are off-hot soup and outdoors) But it is pretty quick. I rarely eat anything quick at the studios, I go elsewhere, Rolls and the Lounge are about it for me. I really dislike the offerings at the picnic bench place down by the Tower.

That soup with the fritters sounds absolutely delish!! :hungry:

Funny, it seems that everyone so far can't stand the food offerings in that picnic area, down near RNR and TOT. Wish they'd gut that section and put in better tasting food options. (Meanwhile . . . they dismantled S. Rolls . .. :banghead:)

FutureCEO

Amen Fish are friends, as well as chickens, cows, pigs, turkeys, sheep........ and so on:joyfull:

153dceea75b19bf5a23354f555c1a94c.jpg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My kids hate coleslaw. I love it. Coleslaw has become a very popular topping on BBQ sandwiches and sliders and some burgers. To my surprise both have a fondness for it on their BBQ sliders. We first had them at Scarecrow fest in an Irish Bar/Restaurant vs eating cari food outdoors in the fall with the bees. Not fun. Rapidly we have noticed the slaw appearing on many menus. Though both Philly and Atlanta for as long as I can remember had slaw on their Hotdogs forever, vinegar slaw and creamy-respectively.

My aversion to coleslaw boils down to two reasons...I don't like cabbage especially cooked but I can handle uncooked if it is thinly sliced. And the second reason my mom's coleslaw was drenched in sauce. I like a light sauce on it. I can't eat a salad if it is drenched in dressing either.

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

My aversion to coleslaw boils down to two reasons...I don't like cabbage especially cooked but I can handled uncooked if it is thinly sliced. And the second reason my mom's coleslaw was drenched in sauce. I like a light sauce on it. I can't eat a salad if it is drenched in dressing either.
I prefer it the Amish style. No mayo, more vinaigrette.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
That soup with the fritters sounds absolutely delish!! :hungry:

Funny, it seems that everyone so far can't stand the food offerings in that picnic area, down near RNR and TOT. Wish they'd gut that section and put in better tasting food options. (Meanwhile . . . they dismantled S. Rolls . .. :banghead:)

I don't often eat quick service at the Studios, but I am a fan of the Disney chicken nuggets. So if I have a hankering for those while at the Studios that is where I will go. Last weekend (actually a week ago today), hubby and I planned on eating at the Tune-in Lounge for lunch but by the time we made it there which was 2 minutes after the opening time of the Lounge it was packed and no place to sit. The Brown Derby Lounge wasn't open for another hour so we decided to share some nuggets at the place on Sunset Blvd. Afterwards we got that whoopie pie that I shared a pictures of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom