The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Sympathy like. We're losing one of our Macy's, not the one nearest to be but the first one I ever drove to myself:(
Macy's expanded quickly and I think that they overestimated the name draw. Like Sears, here in Cary we lost a huge Macy's last year as well. (Same Mall as Sears). They also have stayed in Raleigh. The thing is that the two stores were only about 8 miles apart and the Mall in Raleigh is bigger and kept current much better then the Cary one... so they just closed this one and kept that one going. Between the two it has all but killed the local Mall. I use that place for my almost daily walk and I counted 23 stores closed since the beginning of 2016. Dying a slow but certain death.

MOXOMUMD

We are seriously thinking about moving away from Colorado, if you don't ski, and don't drink beer, you are out of the party. I hate this state, people are selfish, and unfriendly. I loved Kansas, we had many nice neighbors, and had block parties every month. We all took turns. It was lots of fun, people don't speak to each other out here. When we do speak, they look like we are crazy. We had a friend who moved out here, and they moved back to Kansas.....they hated this state.....I'm needing to leave at the moment. We have our friends next door, but they are from Florida and feel the same way. Rant over. I guess I'm full of rants at the moment. Sorry......
You need to move....period. These are supposed to be your happy golden years.

MOXOMUMD

You know, my family move to NC came in pieces. First my youngest daughter and her family left for a better life in a better climate. One year later her sister and family moved here, followed about a half a year later by me. Then they brought their Mom here where she stayed until her passing this past September. So, up until then the family with the exception of my sister, all moved to within 18 miles of each other in a different state 900 miles from home. Sometimes someone has to make the first move. But, it can work out. Think about it. I'm worried about you and your health. If you want to be with them you have to stay alive to enjoy that. The shocking event involving Unkadug tells us that we can't always wait for things to happen, sometimes we have to grab while we still can.
Life's too short.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I'm pretty sure that went the way of the dodo when they were bought by K Mart. I remember somebody breaking a large wrench and bringing the pieces to the store for an exchange no questions asked of course that was way back when.:joyfull:
I remember using a new screwdriver to take a screw out of an aluminum housing and having the tip split and a piece break out. I went back to Sears to get it replaced and no one wanted to help (avoid eye contact at all costs). I just went and looked at the high-end air compressors and instantly had a salesperson at my side to assist me. When I told him I just wanted a replacement screwdriver, he went off on me about people abusing tools and using screwdrivers as pry bars. I was the wrong person to target and he ended up having a bad day after the Store Manager got involved. I had 3 large roller tool cabinets full of craftsman tools at the time and I think I have the right tool for the right job. I stopped buying Craftsman and started going to Matco, Mac, and Snap-on for my new purchases. I wonder if others felt the same drop in customer service? I know I sure didn't feel valued or appreciated there anymore....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom