The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

You know, my family move to NC came in pieces. First my youngest daughter and her family left for a better life in a better climate. One year later her sister and family moved here, followed about a half a year later by me. Then they brought their Mom here where she stayed until her passing this past September. So, up until then the family with the exception of my sister, all moved to within 18 miles of each other in a different state 900 miles from home. Sometimes someone has to make the first move. But, it can work out. Think about it. I'm worried about you and your health. If you want to be with them you have to stay alive to enjoy that. The shocking event involving Unkadug tells us that we can't always wait for things to happen, sometimes we have to grab while we still can.
I needed another moment to reply. A decision will be made soon, and that will influence our decision. We want to help dd and the grandsons. We may need to be here for awhile. Daughter hates cold weather as much as we do, but she doesn't want the boy's to leave their friends.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Ugh. Another one . . .

By new year of 2014 all of the Dominicks Foods closed in Illinois as Safeway had taken over the brand. The CEO when the grocer was taken over took his revenge, opened his own grocery chain and pretty much forced Safeway to bail from Illinois. Marion's over the last 7 years has grown and a welcome chain in our area to replace Dominicks.
Their employees are trained Disney Style. They are all dressed in black and white, white dress shirt and black tie.
Classy store, classy employees.

betty rose

Back when I first got married in 1972 (goodness, that reminded me that was 45 years ago tomorrow) (back on track now), VISA and MC didn't really exist big time. If you had a Sears card you were pretty much set. With the exception of food you, like Alice's Restaurant, could get anything you wanted. Tools, Car repair, TV's, Appliances, toys, Furniture, Clothing, Office Equipment, Musical Instruments, etc. Even as late as the mid 90's when things happened that caused me to file for bankruptcy, I negotiated to keep my Sears Card because I knew just how important it might be if I needed something in an emergency. Still have it, but, I honestly cannot remember when the last time was that I used it. Sears just recently closed a big store here in Cary, NC, but, there is still one in Raleigh. It wasn't listed on the closure list that came out yesterday. All my tools, and that's quite a few, are Craftsman.
Hubby has Craftsman tools too, so reliable and they were able to exchanged forever, if something went wrong. I can't remember ever having to take anything back, nice and sturdy tools.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom