The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I'm pretty sure that went the way of the dodo when they were bought by K Mart. I remember somebody breaking a large wrench and bringing the pieces to the store for an exchange no questions asked of course that was way back when.:joyfull:

Yea, I wasn't sure. I can't even remember the last time I was in a Sears, even though the one at our local mall is still open. :cyclops:

Goofyernmost

Hahaaa...!
If it wasn't for our darn panhandle, we'd probably be 46 or 47...! ;)

View attachment 183168
In spite of doing a lot of travel in my time, I must admit that the only part of Texas I have ever been in was the Panhandle for basic training back in 1968. It was most of the summer of over 100 degrees and more then one dust storm. Lovely place Amarillo! Unfortunately that eternity that stretched out over 3 and a half months left a memory that I was never able to overcome when considering places to travel. Texas has never been up for consideration. Texas is probably a wonderful place although the political atmosphere would probably cause cardiac arrest for me, but, I have never given it the chance since those days in 68. It is the same feeling I get when I get pamphlets to travel to Vietnam. Can't think of a single reason why I would want to go there again. The brain does play some nasty tricks on all of us.:)

donaldtoo

In spite of doing a lot of travel in my time, I must admit that the only part of Texas I have ever been in was the Panhandle for basic training back in 1968. It was most of the summer of over 100 degrees and more then one dust storm. Lovely place Amarillo! Unfortunately that eternity that stretched out over 3 and a half months left a memory that I was never able to overcome when considering places to travel. Texas has never been up for consideration. Texas is probably a wonderful place although the political atmosphere would probably cause cardiac arrest for me, but, I have never given it the chance since those days in 68. It is the same feeling I get when I get pamphlets to travel to Vietnam. Can't think of a single reason why I would want to go there again. The brain does play some nasty tricks on all of us.:)

Yep, the panhandle is probably only about 10-ish percent of the state, and vastly flat-city, although Palo Duro Canyon is up that way, and quite beautiful.
This state is so huge (at least among the contiguous 48) you'd really be surprised at the different landscapes encompassed within it.
If it all looked like most of the panhandle people woudn't be flocking here in droves. :)
And, don't forget the slogan "Keep Austin Weird" exists for a reason...! ;)

donaldtoo

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When do you next see your doc?

Thanks! I have enjoyed it...! :)

No Doc visit 'til sometime after the MRI I finally have scheduled for next Half-day Friday afternoon.
The symptoms have calmed down a bit over the last week or so, but, as per usual, I know they'll be back with a vengeance at some point soon.
Depending on how many surgeries are required, this could end up being a bit of a drawn out process, unfortunately.
But, it is what it is, and I'll deal with it. Others have a lot worse problems than I.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

Remind me if I ever want to make homemade tortillas again to just say no. I made 2 and a half dozen and they're gone along with all the filling I made and that started with 2 pounds of dried beans. So much for left overs for lunch tomorrow:cautious:

If they're anything like the "homemade" tortillas we get at restaurants down here, I'm not at all surprised...!!! :hungry:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thanks! I have enjoyed it...! :)

No Dic visit 'til sometime after the MRI I finally have scheduled for next Half-day Friday afternoon.
The symptoms have calmed down a bit over the last week or so, but, as per usual, I know they'll be back with a vengeance at some point soon.
Depending on how many surgeries are required, this could end up being a bit of a drawn out process, unfortunately.
But, it is what it is, and I'll deal with it. Others have a lot worse problems than I.

You have such a great positive outlook! That's why we like you! Hoping for the best for you!

Cesar R M

Okay, I hope that this doesn't sound ungrateful or spoiled, but I cannot remember how many trips my family took to Disney growing up :( I had thought that I went in 1995, '98, '02, 2005, and '08, but then it hit me that I was also there in 2000, because I remember being at the Millenium Village and seeing the special parade at Epcot. I asked my sister, and she didn't know the answer either. I just asked my mom, and she said 'a lot' (my parents also took a solo trip a couple years ago).

I was so certain that we took 5 trips, but I had this tiny nagging sense that it was 6.:oops: I was a little over 3 when I took that first trip, and 16 for the last trip (and will turn 26 when I go this fall). It's the 2002 (maybe 2003?) trip that I'm having difficulty recalling. And that makes me kind of sad.
by any chance you do not have photos or albums to help you remember?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom