The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Thanks for sending the wind my way:rolleyes: My first walk was cold but not too bad but my second time out was miserable because I almost got blown across the street in a bad gust:eek: I'm inside until tomorrow, oh wait we may get some snow or ice:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Is it time to shoot the groundhog yet?:D
I have personally shot about a hundred groundhogs. And I'm aiming for more. Tonight 8 below zero. I'm so done with winter.

Goofyernmost

Let's all go away. I'm bringing the family. We all hate Colorado.....
You know, my family move to NC came in pieces. First my youngest daughter and her family left for a better life in a better climate. One year later her sister and family moved here, followed about a half a year later by me. Then they brought their Mom here where she stayed until her passing this past September. So, up until then the family with the exception of my sister, all moved to within 18 miles of each other in a different state 900 miles from home. Sometimes someone has to make the first move. But, it can work out. Think about it. I'm worried about you and your health. If you want to be with them you have to stay alive to enjoy that. The shocking event involving Unkadug tells us that we can't always wait for things to happen, sometimes we have to grab while we still can.

betty rose

It looks like Sears will be no longer. They're selling off the Craftsman name. I couldn't tell you the difference between plyers and a screwdriver (one has oj:D) but I'm going to miss them all the same.:(:(:(:( It seems to me they've been going downhill both in customer service and quality of everything for quite sometime:(:(:(
Wow, that is sad. They have gone the way of Montgomery Ward.

donaldtoo

It looks like Sears will be no longer. They're selling off the Craftsman name. I couldn't tell you the difference between plyers and a screwdriver (one has oj:D) but I'm going to miss them all the same.:(:(:(:( It seems to me they've been going downhill both in customer service and quality of everything for quite sometime:(:(:(

I wonder if the lifetime warranty will remain. It's always been good stuff.

betty rose

You know, my family move to NC came in pieces. First my youngest daughter and her family left for a better life in a better climate. One year later her sister and family moved here, followed about a half a year later by me. Then they brought their Mom here where she stayed until her passing this past September. So, up until then the family with the exception of my sister, all moved to within 18 miles of each other in a different state 900 miles from home. Sometimes someone has to make the first move. But, it can work out. Think about it. I'm worried about you and your health. If you want to be with them you have to stay alive to enjoy that. The shocking event involving Unkadug tells us that we can't always wait for things to happen, sometimes we have to grab while we still can.
Thank you. We want to help family, but we need to be here at the moment. DD wants to move south, as we all hate winter. I hope this next year, we make major changes. Just got to see where we are going. I'm pretty much done with Colorado. We need to stay near dd and our grandsons for the moment.

Goofyernmost

Thank you. We want to help family, but we need to be here at the moment. DD wants to move south, as we all hate winter. I hope this next year, we make major changes. Just got to see where we are going. I'm pretty much done with Colorado. We need to stay near dd and our grandsons for the moment.
Well, you know what is best, but, don't let it escape your focus. I'm sure all will work out, but, winter just makes it seem a whole lot worse. Hang in there.

donaldtoo

Thanks. It is still pretty chilly -3 when I drove home. My classroom was a little chilly today too, but luckily I had reserved the computer lab for most of my classes. With all those computers running it gets pretty warm in there, so it felt fantastic. I have a heating pad on me now, so toasty!

And, another sympathy like.
Still -3...woof...!!! :confused:
Glad for the toasty...! :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Saw that too. Sad. Grew up paging through the Sears catalog. Looks like the 140+ stores they are also closing are more Kmart than Sears. Most of all the Kmarts closed long ago in this area when Walmart came along and then Target. Not many tools in our home are not Craftsman and we have a boatload...at least it is going to Stanley. As I sort through my Dad's stuff scattered about their home I'll have to put those craftsman's sets together again.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Saw that
Really? They're selling off Craftsman??!! Holy cow. That's MAJOR. I've known lots of guys who have loved those tools down through the years. However, Sears will still sell Craftman in their (remaining . . .) stores.

Just read from this afternoon's financial news, that Sears is selling Craftsman to Stanley Black & Decker (note--even Stanley and Black & Decker have merged . .. ) for $525 million; then then another $250 million at the end of the third year, and a percentage of annual payments of new Craftsman sales for the next 15 years.

Also heard that Macy's is closing down a bunch of stores, nationwide. Good grief. Seems like no company has legs to stand on anymore.

The western suburbs here is loosing a Macy's. I get that one. That entire mall is failing. A year or two ago they lost JCP from there, the Carson's is a hole so that tells you what they are thinking, the only remaining anchor that is thriving in that mall is Kohl's. It was a nice small years ago when I was a young adult but it sits in the middle of a triangle with 3 very nice malls-one being Woodfield. Plague is too many malls in a footprint that is just too small for all of them to survive. There is a Sears that is still there too, surprised it isn't on the hit list. Haven't been there in a long while but it has been a ghost store for a long time.

Seems like a good portion of my childhood department stores are going bye bye.

donaldtoo

We are seriously thinking about moving away from Colorado, if you don't ski, and don't drink beer, you are out of the party. I hate this state, people are selfish, and unfriendly. I loved Kansas, we had many nice neighbors, and had block parties every month. We all took turns. It was lots of fun, people don't speak to each other out here. When we do speak, they look like we are crazy. We had a friend who moved out here, and they moved back to Kansas.....they hated this state.....I'm needing to leave at the moment. We have our friends next door, but they are from Florida and feel the same way. Rant over. I guess I'm full of rants at the moment. Sorry......

Studies have always shown a good rant can be psychologically and physically beneficial...! :)
No problem from me...feel free to rant as needed (no prescription required ;)).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom