The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

Really? They're selling off Craftsman??!! Holy cow. That's MAJOR. I've known lots of guys who have loved those tools down through the years. However, Sears will still sell Craftman in their (remaining . . .) stores.

Just read from this afternoon's financial news, that Sears is selling Craftsman to Stanley Black & Decker (note--even Stanley and Black & Decker have merged . .. ) for $525 million; then then another $250 million at the end of the third year, and a percentage of annual payments of new Craftsman sales for the next 15 years.

Also heard that Macy's is closing down a bunch of stores, nationwide. Good grief. Seems like no company has legs to stand on anymore.
My niece works for Giant Eagle and they are closing some of their stores.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Weighing in on the waffle vs pancake debate. I never used to like waffles, because all I ever had was the frozen kind and they were rubbery, dense, and blah. Pancakes were a treat growing up, so I tended to like those better. I have had some good fresh made waffles within the last couple years that were light in texture and tasty. So now I like them both. I think they can be made from the same type of batter but like moxo said there are different recipes and variations. I still lean towards pancakes, because I make some pretty awesome fluffy pancakes.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Really? They're selling off Craftsman??!! Holy cow. That's MAJOR. I've known lots of guys who have loved those tools down through the years. However, Sears will still sell Craftman in their (remaining . . .) stores.

Just read from this afternoon's financial news, that Sears is selling Craftsman to Stanley Black & Decker (note--even Stanley and Black & Decker have merged . .. ) for $525 million; then then another $250 million at the end of the third year, and a percentage of annual payments of new Craftsman sales for the next 15 years.

Also heard that Macy's is closing down a bunch of stores, nationwide. Good grief. Seems like no company has legs to stand on anymore.

It is so weird that these stores that have been around forever are going out of buisness. The Macy's closest to us is closing but not the Sears and the Sears never has any good stuff it looks like a garage sale most of the time. And the Macy's in downtown Minneapolis is closing down, which is a place I enjoyed going to. Oh well, not much I can do about it I guess.

Goofyernmost

It is so weird that these stores that have been around forever are going out of buisness. The Macy's closest to us is closing but not the Sears and the Sears never has any good stuff it looks like a garage sale most of the time. And the Macy's in downtown Minneapolis is closing down, which is a place I enjoyed going to. Oh well, not much I can do about it I guess.
Back when I first got married in 1972 (goodness, that reminded me that was 45 years ago tomorrow) (back on track now), VISA and MC didn't really exist big time. If you had a Sears card you were pretty much set. With the exception of food you, like Alice's Restaurant, could get anything you wanted. Tools, Car repair, TV's, Appliances, toys, Furniture, Clothing, Office Equipment, Musical Instruments, etc. Even as late as the mid 90's when things happened that caused me to file for bankruptcy, I negotiated to keep my Sears Card because I knew just how important it might be if I needed something in an emergency. Still have it, but, I honestly cannot remember when the last time was that I used it. Sears just recently closed a big store here in Cary, NC, but, there is still one in Raleigh. It wasn't listed on the closure list that came out yesterday. All my tools, and that's quite a few, are Craftsman.

Goofyernmost

I think Sears biggest mistake was ending the catalog. They could have easily transitioned that to online had they kept it. They once were what Amazon has become. Heck, you could even buy a kit to build a house from Sears. They were big time, but, misread what the demand would be in the future. Many moons ago, as soon as they announced that Kmart bought out Sears, I knew they were done. I couldn't imagine how something as big as Sears could be bought out by what was once a 5 & 10 cent store. It took me forever to finally accept that I was so sure that Sears was to big to have that happen to them.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Back when I first got married in 1972 (goodness, that reminded me that was 45 years ago tomorrow) (back on track now), VISA and MC didn't really exist big time. If you had a Sears card you were pretty much set. With the exception of food you, like Alice's Restaurant, could get anything you wanted. Tools, Car repair, TV's, Appliances, toys, Furniture, Clothing, Office Equipment, Musical Instruments, etc. Even as late as the mid 90's when things happened that caused me to file for bankruptcy, I negotiated to keep my Sears Card because I knew just how important it might be if I needed something in an emergency. Still have it, but, I honestly cannot remember when the last time was that I used it. Sears just recently closed a big store here in Cary, NC, but, there is still one in Raleigh. It wasn't listed on the closure list that came out yesterday. All my tools, and that's quite a few, are Craftsman.

I remember shopping a lot with my parents at Sears, and even ordering out of the Sears catalog. My dad's tools were most Craftsman and Stanley.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom