The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That's understandable, as @figmentfan423said, take all the time you need. Everyone needs a chill out day.

Today I emptied my DS closet. I even found pennants from Sesame Street Live from when he was a preschooler on the top shelve. Also up there was Brio Train sets, the original type. Didn't even know we still had those.

Gabe1

I'm so happy to hear, that the wake went well. :inlove:

Thank you. My Sis and family left this evening. I didn't even go there the last two days. Her turn. She won't be back till sometime in August so I took a break. I'll be interested to see and get a handle on my Mom now that the stress of my Dad is over. Time will tell. My Sis and I have very different opinions.

Gabe1

That would be nice, but A. that would never fit in my suitcase and B. That would never fit in my kitchen!! LOL

OK here is a mini stove range for you. 2 feet wide.

shopping

Gabe1

Thanks, and you're welcome, Bets! :)
They were delicious! :hungry:
I like oysters pretty much any way they're prepared, including raw/on the half shell...! ;) :)

Ewe Ewe Ewe.

And today on our riverwalk-CrawDad holes. What the heck!

2 feet from that my DD and I saw a Beaver. I've lived here 30 years and never saw a beaver and my DD nearly rode her bike off the trail.
Indications the river is high enough to support freak'n Beavers? He was cute though.

Gabe1

Hey there. So, of course we had to go to honor Orlando. The whole thing was about Orlando. It was sad, happy, empowering, joyous, and very emotional. And cocktails. Please to enjoy, a little photo pictorial of NYC Pride 2016, and of course, do not expect anything close to the amazing pics of @MOXOMUMD :)

View attachment 148521

Looking very crowded on Christopher Street. But we had to get to our brunch reservation, which included all you can drink cocktails for $13.95!! And look, we made it!

View attachment 148522
That would be a Blueberry Caipirinha, which sounds maybe disgusting, but was kind of amazing. And potent. And 90 minutes of drinks to go.

View attachment 148523

So, this is someone we don't know. I call her Rainbow Brite. She came over and started talking to Phil for like a half an hour. And why is she holding a lime?

I have more sense than to run my mouth yapping. I was busy pounding drinks during my 90 minutes of free cocktails. :)

Then, it was time for some more parade.

View attachment 148524

View attachment 148525 View attachment 148527

There are more, but you get the idea.

And finally, we went to the Pride Fest, which is sort of a street fair that sells a lot of stuff you don't need. But instead of buying, we just did a lot of posing. I blame the blueberry caipirinhas. ;) Anyway, happy Pride everyone. Not just for what we were celebrating, but what everyone everywhere can be proud of, which I think is what it is all about to begin with.

PS - The final picture looks like I have blueberries coming out of my head, and i just might, considering how many blueberry cocktails I drank beforehand. :)

View attachment 148528 View attachment 148529

I love the look in the last photo of the woman to the left of you! Ha! So glad you guys went and brought some solidarity for Orlando.

Gabe1

Even so, technology has changed in between me and my brother. When I was in middle school, we still had dial up. Flip phones were still cool. There was no WiFi in Disney parks. I didn't have a smart device until Junior Year of high school, and I was responsible with it at that point, so my parents didn't need to make a list of rules about it (other than putting it down when working on homework). My brother has his laptop, where he mostly watches YouTube in his room, and he has his iPod touch. I had none of that until high school.

Even the way kids his age use the internet is different. People my age use it for social media while his generation spends a ridiculous amount of times on YouTube.

They also won't know what the Save symbol actually is (floppy disc) or the struggle of dial up.

Maybe not as dramatic as when you were a kid, but things have changed in a relatively short period.

My DS was in 3rd grade when we had our first Macintosh Apple computer. My DD was a wiz by age 4. She could upload her own games from a CD Rom and quickly learned not to ask Dad to do it as at 4 she could do in minutes what took him forever.

The warp my son had and somewhat my DD the teachers fought computers for a freak'n decade. The students on the other hand mastered what the teachers were struggling to understand. Our teachers feared breaking them and lacked the understanding to manipulate them. Kids just didn't fear them just accepted them as they did a simple telephone and cell. Our district finally implemented mandatory inservices to learn and demanded use since the teachers just ignored the computers in the classroom and computer lab. The only good thing that actually came from elementary school use of computers was each of my kids had a keyboard class 2x a week in the lab to teach them to touch type. A skill many still don't possess.

Back then there was computer after school. Kids could stay afterschool and learn how to use computers from the staff that didn't understand them lol. It wasn't long before that option was eliminated as those kids knew what they were doing.

StarWarsGirl

My DS was in 3rd grade when we had our first Macintosh Apple computer. My DD was a wiz by age 4. She could upload her own games from a CD Rom and quickly learned not to ask Dad to do it as at 4 she could do in minutes what took him forever.

The warp my son had and somewhat my DD the teachers fought computers for a freak'n decade. The students on the other hand mastered what the teachers were struggling to understand. Our teachers feared breaking them and lacked the understanding to manipulate them. Kids just didn't fear them just accepted them as they did a simple telephone and cell. Our district finally implemented mandatory inservices to learn and demanded use since the teachers just ignored the computers in the classroom and computer lab. The only good thing that actually came from elementary school use of computers was each of my kids had a keyboard class 2x a week in the lab to teach them to touch type. A skill many still don't possess.

Back then there was computer after school. Kids could stay afterschool and learn how to use computers from the staff that didn't understand them lol. It wasn't long before that option was eliminated as those kids knew what they were doing.
Yes, my parents still have the fear of the computer, as does my grandma. My dad used to blame everything that went wrong with the computer on me. Until one day I found my brother on it...without permission. He's still convinced that I "broke" Internet Explorer. I told him, no Dad, Internet Explorer broke Internet Explorer.

We had a Windows 95 and then a Windows ME. I haven't used a Mac since elementary school and have no desire to use one. I like my PCs. I learned very quickly, and I think I understand computers even better than others my age. But I've seen two year olds operate Smartphones. I was not using a computer until about age four.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Wow! Ouch! Sorry. :(

Coincidentally I took my bike out for a ride before it reached the 90's this morning. I'm wearing a round neck tank top. I am riding the RiverWalk and a freak'n bee flies down my shirt and stings me in an area that should not be stung! :in pain:

So here I am on the RiverWalk trying to get this thing out of my tank top. I just pray nobody saw this as that would be as painful as the sting. :rolleyes:

So I'm going down the street about a half hour ago to talk to my friend who is hauling trimmed branches to the road for pick-up. I walk out the door and a bee flies up the back of my shirt. I'm guessing bright green attracts Bees? Time to change. :confused:
Prayers and pixie dust, I can't even or want to imagine that. xoxo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom