The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Thanks. I have so much to do, instead I'm in a veggie state. Think my brain just needs to chill. My dress, my DD dress and my DS suit are still flung on the sofa where I tossed them all when we walked in the door last evening. I just don't want to accomplish anything. Not moaning more just drained.
That's understandable, as @figmentfan423said, take all the time you need. Everyone needs a chill out day.

Last edited:

betty rose

We cheap'd out and paid a minimum fee for the photographer and then kept the proofs as our wedding album. I still have them and they still look good after 44 years. They lasted quite a bit longer then the marriage did by 15 years and counting.:)
We weren't really cheap... what we were was broke!
Same with us, and I don't remember people spending the money they do today for a wedding.

MouseDreaming

You mentioned PotC...is the DL one based on the movies? I have never seen the movies....not my thing, but I LOVED the PotC ride at WDW before the movies even existed. So which one is closer to the original ride, pre-movie?
First came the ride, then the movie.
They both have Jack Sparrow in the same places, but the DL version has several additional scenes that the WDW version lacks, plus two drops instead of one (since it goes outside the park). The additional scenes don't have Captain Jack Sparrow.

I've never seen the movies either actually.
I grew up with the DL version, and I remember the first time I went on the WDW one. All I kept thinking was that's it? I did learn later that because of the higher water table in FL, they were only able to do the one drop in WDW. And it is still a favorite, whichever version I get.

Now, the kids have never been to DL, and I love to blow their minds. Both kids get this wow look when I tell them HM and PotC are right next to each other. And DS gets an even bigger smile when I tell him they are both in New Orleans Square. Some day, we will get them out there.

StarWarsGirl

When I grew up, we had one phone, and it was attached to the wall in the kitchen. My parents allowed each of us (4 children) to have 15 minutes a day to chat with our friends. How things have changed in (more than . . . :cautious: ) 7 years . . . :p :D
If it were me, I wouldn't have taken the 15 minutes. I hate talking on the phone and always have, even pre-texting days. It drives my mother bonkers because I don't like making phone calls and will sometimes figure out how to do something online before I'll pick up a phone. :cyclops:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Nope. Well, in the last couple of years the grocery store has sold round bread with holes in it and frosting on them that they CALL donuts, but they aren't REAL donuts and there is also not much variety. There are no long johns or custard/jelly filled donuts, nothing with the chocolate or maple glaze, no crullers or bear claws, or fritters. So...basically no...we don't have donuts.
Oh I know what business you should open.

donaldtoo

Thank you and :D:D:D:D I'm thinking time at R&C pub and/or La Cava sans kids
82733-why-not-both-meme-5LvD.jpeg

;)

StarWarsGirl

When I grew up, we had one phone, and it was attached to the wall in the kitchen. My parents allowed each of us (4 children) to have 15 minutes a day to chat with our friends. How things have changed in (more than . . . :cautious: ) 7 years . . . :p :D
Even so, technology has changed in between me and my brother. When I was in middle school, we still had dial up. Flip phones were still cool. There was no WiFi in Disney parks. I didn't have a smart device until Junior Year of high school, and I was responsible with it at that point, so my parents didn't need to make a list of rules about it (other than putting it down when working on homework). My brother has his laptop, where he mostly watches YouTube in his room, and he has his iPod touch. I had none of that until high school.

Even the way kids his age use the internet is different. People my age use it for social media while his generation spends a ridiculous amount of times on YouTube.

They also won't know what the Save symbol actually is (floppy disc) or the struggle of dial up.

Maybe not as dramatic as when you were a kid, but things have changed in a relatively short period.

Goofyernmost

I remember my dad had this

bag+phone.jpg
We had one of those when my wife commuted weekly from Vermont to Boston. We were cool people back then. I remember calling someone in Vermont while we were driving through Daytona, Florida. They were totally impressed with our coolness. I warmed up considerably since then. No longer cool. The other day I tried to text a picture with my "smart" phone and couldn't figure it out. I had to take a picture and then post it on Facebook. Very uncool.

Goofyernmost

Nope. Well, in the last couple of years the grocery store has sold round bread with holes in it and frosting on them that they CALL donuts, but they aren't REAL donuts and there is also not much variety. There are no long johns or custard/jelly filled donuts, nothing with the chocolate or maple glaze, no crullers or bear claws, or fritters. So...basically no...we don't have donuts.
Seems like that would be a good business opportunity for someone.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see that had been previously suggested.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Even so, technology has changed in between me and my brother. When I was in middle school, we still had dial up. Flip phones were still cool. There was no WiFi in Disney parks. I didn't have a smart device until Junior Year of high school, and I was responsible with it at that point, so my parents didn't need to make a list of rules about it (other than putting it down when working on homework). My brother has his laptop, where he mostly watches YouTube in his room, and he has his iPod touch. I had none of that until high school.

Even the way kids his age use the internet is different. People my age use it for social media while his generation spends a ridiculous amount of times on YouTube.

They also won't know what the Save symbol actually is (floppy disc) or the struggle of dial up.

Maybe not as dramatic as when you were a kid, but things have changed in a relatively short period.
agree, lol.
Not to mention the floppies could fail easily.. the readers needed cleaning.. there was a turbo button on most home pcs.. and the modems were noisy as crap!

Goofyernmost

In other news, my grandma and mom had a visit from one of her cousins.
She's 100 years old. The amazing part? she talks normally, WALKS, and DRINKS (as in alcohol) like a champ.
I was surprised, because every other person that is 90+ that I know, looks almost seconds from dying x_X
While she may look good but at 100... seconds away is probably a true thought. So... If you are able to get around and drink.. why not? What's it going to do to you at this point. I'd probably take up smoking again if I made it that far. It's way beyond the ability to die young by then.

That gets me to wonder... when is the break point where dying young is no longer possible?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom