The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Hey there. So, of course we had to go to honor Orlando. The whole thing was about Orlando. It was sad, happy, empowering, joyous, and very emotional. And cocktails. Please to enjoy, a little photo pictorial of NYC Pride 2016, and of course, do not expect anything close to the amazing pics of @MOXOMUMD :)

View attachment 148521

Looking very crowded on Christopher Street. But we had to get to our brunch reservation, which included all you can drink cocktails for $13.95!! And look, we made it!

View attachment 148522
That would be a Blueberry Caipirinha, which sounds maybe disgusting, but was kind of amazing. And potent. And 90 minutes of drinks to go.

View attachment 148523

So, this is someone we don't know. I call her Rainbow Brite. She came over and started talking to Phil for like a half an hour. And why is she holding a lime?

I have more sense than to run my mouth yapping. I was busy pounding drinks during my 90 minutes of free cocktails. :)

Then, it was time for some more parade.

View attachment 148524

View attachment 148525 View attachment 148527

There are more, but you get the idea.

And finally, we went to the Pride Fest, which is sort of a street fair that sells a lot of stuff you don't need. But instead of buying, we just did a lot of posing. I blame the blueberry caipirinhas. ;) Anyway, happy Pride everyone. Not just for what we were celebrating, but what everyone everywhere can be proud of, which I think is what it is all about to begin with.

PS - The final picture looks like I have blueberries coming out of my head, and i just might, considering how many blueberry cocktails I drank beforehand. :)

View attachment 148528 View attachment 148529
That looks like so much fun, wish I could have been there with you! But something tells me +you + 90 minutes of free booze equals a cab to EWR and a flight to Orlando:D

Figgy1

Good morning all. My ds survived his doctor's visit and is nice and healthy. Our doc's wife was there and the first thing she said was my baby is too big and he needs to stop growing, she's such a grandma. Then we had a very nice talk about the plans for our trip and our doc's diet. It's supposed to rain this afternoon so I may get some time to get a Disney project done.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sympathy like. Hope it gets better soon! :)
I've been stung by bees and wasps many times.
One of the more memorable times was when we were at a wedding reception many years ago at a local country club. We were enjoying dinner on an outdoor terrace, and a yellow jacket kept buzzing us. Finally, I saw my opportunity and swatted at it. Only, as a reflex action I guess, I actually closed my hand in the process. In the split second it took me to realize my mistake, it was too late...!!! :eek: :hilarious:
Got me on the palm right between my ring and middle finger on my right hand.
The wasp didn't make it...I threw hard on the terrace and squished it... :oops:

O.k. I've got a bizarre one to add to this "stinging" subject. A long time ago, I was in Bermuda and went to church there on Sunday morning. I go to sit on the bench, and my right hand leaned on the top of the bench in front of mine. Zap! There was a small bee exactly where I leaned with my hand and I got stung!! :eek: What are the chances of that happening?? One in a million??!! :banghead:

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
O.k. I've got a bizarre one to add to this "stinging" subject. A long time ago, I was in Bermuda and went to church there on Sunday morning. I go to sit on the bench, and my right hand leaned on the top of the bench in front of mine. Zap! There was a small bee exactly where I leaned with my hand and I got stung!! :eek: What are the chances of that happening?? One in a million??!! :banghead:
Worst one i remember was on the sole of my foot when i was much much younger. Still didn't stop me from going around barefoot to this day

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hey there. So, of course we had to go to honor Orlando. The whole thing was about Orlando. It was sad, happy, empowering, joyous, and very emotional. And cocktails. Please to enjoy, a little photo pictorial of NYC Pride 2016, and of course, do not expect anything close to the amazing pics of @MOXOMUMD :)

View attachment 148521

Looking very crowded on Christopher Street. But we had to get to our brunch reservation, which included all you can drink cocktails for $13.95!! And look, we made it!

View attachment 148522
That would be a Blueberry Caipirinha, which sounds maybe disgusting, but was kind of amazing. And potent. And 90 minutes of drinks to go.

View attachment 148523

So, this is someone we don't know. I call her Rainbow Brite. She came over and started talking to Phil for like a half an hour. And why is she holding a lime?

I have more sense than to run my mouth yapping. I was busy pounding drinks during my 90 minutes of free cocktails. :)

View attachment 148524

And finally, we went to the Pride Fest, which is sort of a street fair that sells a lot of stuff you don't need. But instead of buying, we just did a lot of posing. I blame the blueberry caipirinhas. ;) Anyway, happy Pride everyone. Not just for what we were celebrating, but what everyone everywhere can be proud of, which I think is what it is all about to begin with.

PS - The final picture looks like I have blueberries coming out of my head, and i just might, considering how many blueberry cocktails I drank beforehand. :)

Your photos remind me of a big city block party! I also enjoy the picture of you with all the balloons. Glad that you and Phil had a nice day, while also coming together with your friends, to pay your respects to the Florida victims.

Songbird76

First came the ride, then the movie.

I grew up with the DL version, and I remember the first time I went on the WDW one. All I kept thinking was that's it? I did learn later that because of the higher water table in FL, they were only able to do the one drop in WDW. And it is still a favorite, whichever version I get.

Now, the kids have never been to DL, and I love to blow their minds. Both kids get this wow look when I tell them HM and PotC are right next to each other. And DS gets an even bigger smile when I tell him they are both in New Orleans Square. Some day, we will get them out there.
I know....that's what I mean. I was a fan of the original ride, before they made the movies. Once they made the movies, they added Jack Sparrow to the ride, and since she said WDW got the cliffnotes version, it sounds like they are maybe both based on the movie now. So I'm wondering which is closer to the original, pre-movie ride I loved.

Songbird76

Oh I know what business you should open.
I've been told often that I should open a bakery. My baking puts most Dutch pastries to shame, apparently, but also I make all the things that the Dutch never knew existed and haven't learned to make. Brownies here still leave a lot to be desired, and mine are MUCH better. Same with cheesecake, IF you can find it here in the first place. But I've never made donuts....something to learn, I guess.

Songbird76

Just got done with my lunch with an imagineer. It was great! She worked in show design and production (most designing queue spaces and attraction space) and had been with the studios park since 1988 so during construction. Just a great afternoon.

And for those of you that need a smile today the picture below is for you!
View attachment 148442
Oh that's so cool that you had someone in the design area!! How many people are with one imagineer? Is it just you or are there others in your lunch party who also bought the experience?

Songbird76

Oh yah! Just remembered -- the car--no limo for us! We didn't own a car at the time, and I think hubby rented us one from Rent-A-Wreck!

First Class!! :hilarious:
Ha! I lucked out on that. My brother had a friend with a Bently...it even matched our wedding colors. He drove us around town after the wedding before the reception and he was soooo nice. He bought the car at an auction for $6000, knowing that it didn't run. They warned him that it didn't work, he bought it, went and bought a new fuel pump and installed it and drove it off the auction lot. Talk about luck! (and smarts!)

Songbird76

View attachment 148521

View attachment 148522

View attachment 148523

View attachment 148524

How in the world can you do that? I had 2 cocktails on Saturday night, and I was SLOSHY!!

Songbird76

OK here is a mini stove range for you. 2 feet wide.

shopping
Yep....that's the size I have now....I got the biggest, most expensive one I could find. I wish I could have 2 though...so I could do things at different temps. Like meatloaf in one and rolls in the other. One of the things for my dreamhouse when we win big in the lottery!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom