The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
My baby is getting a phone for his birthday right before we leave and my dh and I are currently working out a list of rules for the trip. No phone at dinner is going near the top of the list.
Maybe do a rule where he can only look at his phone if you are waiting. Like waiting in line, sitting on a bench, etc, unless he's using it for a vacation purpose, like taking a picture or contacting you. Otherwise, it needs to be in his bag so he doesn't lose it. My parents have that rule with my brother and his iPod, which worked great.

I didn't have a phone until Freshman year of high school. It was a flip phone with a limited talk plan and no texting. I used to play golf on it while waiting in lines at WDW, but no rules were needed. How things changed in 7 years.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
More random DL observations...

Guests here are generally more polite than WDW guests. No idea why.

Did not realize how badly WDW's It's Tough to be a Bug's projectors needed to be updated until I watched the DCA version and realized how much better the picture looks.

Paint the Night is awesome.

I like the 60th Anniversary fireworks, though they didn't make me emotional like Wishes does every single time.

I spend far less time looking at Sleeping Beauty Castle than Cinderella Castle. I don't care how many times I've seen Cinderella Castle; it is still breathtaking.

I have a random bruise. I don't know where it came from, but it was probably Matterhorn.

Matterhorn is better in the front. It feels like it's just you riding down the track. It also is slightly less rough.

Hyperspace Mountain is still awesome. I want a SW rollercoaster in SWL after riding Hyperspace Mountain.

Astro Blasters needs more targets in each room.

I beat my mom at TSM and she will never hear the end of it.

Figgy1

Thanks. I have so much to do, instead I'm in a veggie state. Think my brain just needs to chill. My dress, my DD dress and my DS suit are still flung on the sofa where I tossed them all when we walked in the door last evening. I just don't want to accomplish anything. Not moaning more just drained.
Sympathy like. I hope you're life has already started getting better! be well and try and relax. xoxo

Figgy1

Maybe do a rule where he can only look at his phone if you are waiting. Like waiting in line, sitting on a bench, etc, unless he's using it for a vacation purpose, like taking a picture or contacting you. Otherwise, it needs to be in his bag so he doesn't lose it. My parents have that rule with my brother and his iPod, which worked great.

I didn't have a phone until Freshman year of high school. It was a flip phone with a limited talk plan and no texting. I used to play golf on it while waiting in lines at WDW, but no rules were needed. How things changed in 7 years.
That's what we're thinking. I'm also thinking about only letting him use it if we're on longer lines so he doesn't drain the battery so he has power to call us or vice versa when he's off with his brother.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Her mother doesn't get it, whilst she consumes mass media.

What a ing .

Here's the reality, if your kid can't program, they are worthless...and we, as the prevailing generation have made it so, because we are stupid.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

When I grew up, we had one phone, and it was attached to the wall in the kitchen. My parents allowed each of us (4 children) to have 15 minutes a day to chat with our friends. How things have changed in (more than . . . :cautious: ) 7 years . . . :p :D

FutureCEO

That's beautiful! I could move right in.

london-in-england-29-background-wallpaper.jpg

You can see the Orlando Eye at night from the Contemporary all lite up and everyday I saw it, I was "oh, its the London Eye. Orlando, I mean."

Songbird76

Yup. That's why I said "kidding aside" to Figgy. I completely understand that it's very different to organize a trip for a group of people, of various ages and interests, versus a solo trip.
Oh I wasn't saying you don't understand...just expounding on your comment that it probably takes a lot more planning for the big family trip. You're absolutely right, it does! That being said, I was a planner long before I had kids. Hubby is NOT a planner. His philosophy is "whatever we forgot, we don't have." But I'm the kind who thinks...there are some things you NEED. Like...if you're in Disney for a week, chances are it's going to rain at some point. Now, -I- would rather make a list and make sure I had my rain gear so I could just put it on and continue having fun than have to take time out looking for the perfect combination of style, budget, functionality, etc...I would rather make sure I have the right shoes with me than have to spend the time while I'm already on my vacation, shopping for shoes (which I HATE...shoe shopping and swim suit shopping are the bane of my existence) trying to find something that I can afford and is comfortable and still cute. And I'd rather spend the money on souvenirs than on shoes that I wouldn't have needed if I'd made a packing list so I remember to take them. Hubby laughs at my lists, but I think he secretly appreciates that I'm willing to make them and do all the research and planning, because he reaps the benefits without having to do the work. And I have fun doing to work, too. But I'm not a commando planner. I just want a basic outline of where we'll be when, and we do what we want within that frame. The food requires a bit more planning because DS is so picky, but even that, I have the list and now we know what the best choices will be for us and we'll hit whatever's closest when we're hungry. So I do a lot of work before hand so that when we are actually ON the vacation, we can just go with the flow and not have to worry about doing the research spur of the moment. It's an investment, really.

Songbird76

Thanks. I have so much to do, instead I'm in a veggie state. Think my brain just needs to chill. My dress, my DD dress and my DS suit are still flung on the sofa where I tossed them all when we walked in the door last evening. I just don't want to accomplish anything. Not moaning more just drained.
Take the time you need. It's a very draining thing. All those things that need to be done will be there tomorrow. Take care of yourself first and worry about the rest when you need to.

Songbird76

Thanks! It was a great time, indeed! :)
It's a mortgage company.
Wow....with 500 employees? That's HUGE!! The company I work for grew like that too. Not sure how many people we have now, but when it started, it was the owner working out of her attic and pretty soon she had to hire a couple of people to help, then she had to get bigger premises and now we have a couple hundred people and a 2 story massive warehouse and she went from struggling single mom to millionair entrepreneur and then had to sell off more than half the business so she would have time for her kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom