How 'bout 10 pounds of prime rib...?
My final offer... :cyclops: ;)
delish-big-steak-wi.jpg
thats insane!!!
also, is its my imagination or looks not cooked from inside? o_o

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I have to tell you a funny story. When we were kids, my father assembled an elaborate train set with two tracks, and two locomotives and freight cars. It had electric signals, and a landscaped, large wooden board (about 18 feet long by 12 feet wide) that the set was placed on. There was a tunnel, and a suspension bridge at the other end. Anyway, he was up all Christmas Eve putting this huge project together for my brothers, and didn't get to bed until almost 5 a.m. on Christmas morning.

On Christmas morning, we all ran down to the Christmas tree (my mother dragged my father out of bed to join us :p ). My mother said that first we all had to go downstairs to the playroom (finished basement) because a present was down there for the boys. My brothers were thrilled when they saw the train set, and I remember one of them saying, "How did Santa Claus fit this down the chimney?! Yea, Santa!" Years after that, my father told us that he stood there shaking his head, and said, "After all that work I did, that old slob (Santa) got all the credit??!! " :mad: ( :hilarious: :hilarious:) I guess parents give up a lot of sleep for their kids! :joyfull:
When my son was five we got him one of those battery powered Jeeps that a kid could ride around on. The day before Christmas Eve, we take him to see Santa. We expect him to tell us how he told Santa that he wanted that Jeep, but alas no. He proudly proclaims that he told Santa that he wanted a blue fire truck and he knows that Santa is going to bring it because he was a good boy all year. So there I was on Chrictmas Eve running around looking for a metal fire truck that I could paint blue. I finally found a hook and ladder and had to put tape over the decals and everything so I could spray paint it. I finally finished at 2 in the morning. Yep, Santa got all of the credit...

betty rose

I am, troat pain is finally lowering. but sadly, I'm getting dry coughing now.
So yeah, definitively a stomach flu D:
Virus's today are so much more horrible than I experienced as a kid. They last much longer, hit harder and are hard to get rid of. Please take care of yourself, and rest a lot . You don't want to catch another thing on top of this. I find this is easier to do these days. The only thing in my early years was polio, my parents made sure we got polio shots, as soon as they came out. I thank them every day for doing that.

betty rose

I had to go into to work to set up stuff for my sub quick (luckily I live two minutes away and I went in at 5:15am), and ever since I came back she hasn't left me. We have napped a lot together.
I swear dogs can tell when you are under the weather. They stay very close. When I had surgery that kept me in the hospital for days....my dog, Wiggles, was waiting for me. She was very gentle, (it was a fibroid tumor), I have lots of benign tumor's. Anyway she would look at where the surgery was, at that time it was from one side to the other, with lots of staples, she never tried once to lay on me. Beside me, yes. She was my best caretaker at the time, hubby had to fly away for work. So she was the caretaker. I want another dog so bad I can taste it. But hubby doesn't want me to have anymore. I get so involved, that they do raise my blood pressure, when they get sick. A dog was all I had growing up, with the abuse that went on. Trixie was her name. She never got to come inside the house, and I hated that. She was a very sweet dog. Mom and Dad got her when I was born. I always wonder why you would get a dog, that had to live in a dog house. That broke my heart. I know times were different then, but it never seemed right to me. Same with kitties being left out overnight. Those times were cruel to me. And people in Indiana still do the same thing. When they had a major flood, recently ,many dogs perished, being changed to a dog house. I don't get how anyone that lives with an animal, dependent on you , could be so cruel. My sister told me of a dog that had to be rescused in Indiana, the poor animal had no dog house, and was stuck to the ice. I don't get the cruelty to defenseless animals. I still have very poor feelings for my parents about this. Sorry, I'm kind of down today.....I expect it's the stress from the last 24 hours. Hope to be better tomorrow, if not you won't see me until I'm feeling better. We are having cold rain today. That doesn't help my SAD. Thanks for listening to me.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I swear dogs can tell when you are under the weather. They stay very close. When I had surgery that kept me in the hospital for days....my dog, Wiggles, was waiting for me. She was very gentle, (it was a fibroid tumor), I have lots of benign tumor's. Anyway she would look at where the surgery was, at that time it was from one side to the other, with lots of staples, she never tried once to lay on me. Beside me, yes. She was my best caretaker at the time, hubby had to fly away for work. So she was the caretaker. I want another dog so bad I can taste it. But hubby doesn't want me to have anymore. I get so involved, that they do raise my blood pressure, when they get sick. A dog was all I had growing up, with the abuse that went on. Trixie was her name. She never got to come inside the house, and I hated that. She was a very sweet dog. Mom and Dad got her when I was born. I always wonder why you would get a dog, that had to live in a dog house. That broke my heart. I know times were different then, but it never seemed right to me. Same with kitties being left out overnight. Those times were cruel to me. And people in Indiana still do the same thing. When they had a major flood, recently ,many dogs perished, being changed to a dog house. I don't get how anyone that lives with an animal, dependent on you , could be so cruel. My sister told me of a dog that had to be rescused in Indiana, the poor animal had no dog house, and was stuck to the ice. I don't get the cruelty to defenseless animals. I still have very poor feelings for my parents about this. Sorry, I'm kind of down today.....I expect it's the stress from the last 24 hours. Hope to be better tomorrow, if not you won't see me until I'm feeling better. We are having cold rain today. That doesn't help my SAD. Thanks for listening to me.

I have the same feelings about leaving dogs/pets outside. We always kept our dogs in the house. Sorry that your husband doesn't want you to get another dog, studies have shown that petting dogs can help lower blood pressure and raise oxytocin levels. Maybe you could volunteer at a shelter or do some pet sitting. Then you could get your fill of a pup. I hope you are able to shake off the stress,relax and be happy about the stress on hubby being gone.:)

betty rose

I have my own money
An allowance
That made me laugh out loud. My Mom, gave my Dad his allowance, and he was the one that worked. I guess you can see who ruled our house. I swore I would never do that. Actually, I'm so opposed to the money thing, hubby set up the budget for our house hold. I'm very okay with that. I hate anything with a $ sign around it. It just has never computed with me. Funny, I worked in accounting for a time, it didn't make me like it anymore.

betty rose

When my son was five we got him one of those battery powered Jeeps that a kid could ride around on. The day before Christmas Eve, we take him to see Santa. We expect him to tell us how he told Santa that he wanted that Jeep, but alas no. He proudly proclaims that he told Santa that he wanted a blue fire truck and he knows that Santa is going to bring it because he was a good boy all year. So there I was on Chrictmas Eve running around looking for a metal fire truck that I could paint blue. I finally found a hook and ladder and had to put tape over the decals and everything so I could spray paint it. I finally finished at 2 in the morning. Yep, Santa got all of the credit...
Now, that's funny. Sorry for you though.

betty rose

I have the same feelings about leaving dogs/pets outside. We always kept our dogs in the house. Sorry that your husband doesn't want you to get another dog, studies have shown that petting dogs can help lower blood pressure and raise oxytocin levels. Maybe you could volunteer at a shelter or do some pet sitting. Then you could get your fill of a pup. I hope you are able to shake off the stress,relax and be happy about the stress on hubby being gone.:)
I feel this way, everytime after prolonged stress, I know I will pull out of it soon Thanks for listening.:inlove:

brb1006

Does anyone remember Raw Toonage? It's basically Disney's answer to Animaniacs and the anthology series was also pretty short-lived. The series also featured cameo appearances by various Disney characters. I heard Marie from The Aristocats showed up in Raw Toonage at one point but I don't know if there's any evidence. If anyone remembers the show or noticed Marie's cameo can you let me know?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom