The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Thanks! It's sad because today is Kings Day and we came to my in-laws' because their town has games for kids right around the corner from their house...things like kicking a soccer ball through a hole and you get points depending on how big the hole was. Or a game where you have to balance on a thing that rocks from side to side and you have to put marbles on little poles and keep them there until all of the little poles have a marble. Then at the end of the morning, they get to pick out a prize. But because of the weather, it was canceled...so we rushed and drove over only to find it canceled.
I'm sorry you had the event cancelled. So disappointing for the family. I hope they can reschedule.

betty rose

My pain is subsiding but I am definitively going to see the doc. My sore troat was probably caused by acid reflux and not snoring.
Because I now have flu-like symptoms. I have this illness every year.
Also I think I know what happened now.
I have a round vibrating clock ( I'm 99% deaf when I remove my implant processor).. that thing is rounded shell of hard plastic.
Now I remember waking up and had the clock next to my side pillow.
So what I think happened was...
  1. woke up at night thanks to the acid reflux or snoring troat pain.
  2. Remove clock from head pillow's back... and check clock (was still early)
  3. drowsily set the clock on my chest.
  4. flip to the side... the clock now fell on my lower chest.. I flip to the left and I am now pressing hard the clock on my chest.
  5. Wake up.. clock still next to me and my chest hurts... :grumpy:
Anyway, will use the excuse to get a full check up and order some chinese food :p
I hope you start feeling better and soon.

betty rose

Actually, the lake has been more full than this (flooded) many times over the 40 years we've lived here and we've still had droughts with very low lake levels, in between. But, this should hold for a while.
We had even more storms move through early this morning (3a-ish). There were a coupla' branches down in the front yard when I went to work. Not sure how much rain fell upstream, though.
Sorry about your trees. I hate when weather messes with the landscaping.

betty rose

It is appreciated. My Sis is out of surgery and I guess it went well however it was more extensive than they had anticipated and had to do more. Wonder what that will do with her overly ambitious allotted recovery time?

Then to add to the drama of yesterday my niece, my Sis' DD that school is in the middle of nowhere in NY was transported again to the hospital yesterday evening after harpooning herself with an EpiPen again for an allergic reaction to apples like my DD and @StarWarsGirl have. So both my Sis and Niece being admitted to hospital in different states.

Me up for 3 hours during the night because I was like Phoebe on Friends wanting to take a hammer to the STUPID smoke detector.

Oh, my; more prayers and pixie dust for all the family.

Last edited:

Songbird76

I'll wait my turn, as I'm hoping that the snow won't last long!;)
They apparently closed the University of Wyoming down the other day...they got the snow, too, but somehow it caused a fire...I think the weight of the snow snapped a power line or something and almost the entire university was without power....so everything was shut down. My brother works at the university...guess he got a day off!

Figgy1

Premium Member
What did the girl think when your mom went to pick up the car? How did she handle it?
We're going to get it over the weekend. She parks it on the street in front of her house so it will be easy to get my mom has a set of keys. She sleeps to noon on the weekends so no muss no fuss, we'll be nice and leave a voice mail and drop it off to be rekeyed so the brat doesn't try and take it back:D

betty rose

They apparently closed the University of Wyoming down the other day...they got the snow, too, but somehow it caused a fire...I think the weight of the snow snapped a power line or something and almost the entire university was without power....so everything was shut down. My brother works at the university...guess he got a day off!
We had many trees down in our neighborhood, this is going to be another heavy wet snow. I always hope we keep the power on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom