The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Ladies, any of you having trouble finding swimsuits this year? I'm having trouble finding a pattern I like. It doesn't help that Lands End only has five different colors/patterns in their halter tankini style, which is what I can wear. And one of them I have. There is such a lack of selection this year.
you can always go red polka dots. I heard they were famous in france again ;)
:hilarious:

StarWarsGirl

@Cesar R M Computer question

A few days ago, I put my laptop in sleep overnight. The next day, I went to turn it on, and it refused to come out of sleep mode. I tried holding the power button for 60 seconds...nada. The battery is internal, so I looked in the manual, and I would have had to completely take the keyboard out before even getting to the battery. I was not going to do that, so I just left it and decided to let the battery drain. The battery did drain, and I plugged in the computer, and it booted before I could even press the power button.

Any idea why this happened and what I could do to prevent it in the future? I was able to function on just my Surface for a few days, but I'd prefer this not happen again.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I hear thunder.........

layer.png

Cesar R M

A few days ago, I put my laptop in sleep overnight. The next day, I went to turn it on, and it refused to come out of sleep mode. I tried holding the power button for 60 seconds...nada. The battery is internal, so I looked in the manual, and I would have had to completely take the keyboard out before even getting to the battery. I was not going to do that, so I just left it and decided to let the battery drain. The battery did drain, and I plugged in the computer, and it booted before I could even press the power button.

Any idea why this happened and what I could do to prevent it in the future? I was able to function on just my Surface for a few days, but I'd prefer this not happen again.
what laptop is it? does it has windows 10?
is it the older surface? or surface4?

I remember reading about a bunch of laptops having issues with Windows 10. Aka freezing when returnig after a loong time in sleep mode.

so I recommend looking at the manufacturer.. perhaps they have a bios update for your laptop.. or even windows 10 patches.

StarWarsGirl

what laptop is it? does it has windows 10?
is it the older surface? or surface4?

I remember reading about a bunch of laptops having issues with Windows 10. Aka freezing when returnig after a loong time in sleep mode.

so I recommend looking at the manufacturer.. perhaps they have a bios update for your laptop.. or even windows 10 patches.
It's not my Surface. It's my Lenovo laptop. And yes, it is running Windows 10.

Songbird76

Good afternoon everyone. Hubby came through the surgery fine. He is passing blood , but that's expected. It kind of grosses you out the first time or two. They got the biggest parts of the stone and sending it off to see what foods, or drinks he has to avoid. Thanks so much for all the well wishes, prayers, and pixie dust. We had to get up at 3:30 this morning. I'm going to bed and sleep with the sleepy hubby. Thanks, again from hubby and me. You guys are the greatest! xoxo to all:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: Tomorrow will be time for ketchup!
Poor guy...it does sound miserable. So....you said he is passing blood...does he have to use any sort of feminine hygiene products? I imagine that might be a bit embarrassing as well as uncomfortable for a guy, not being used to it. Then, on top of the pain from the surgery...yikes. Hope he's feeling better soon and I hope he's not too difficult a patient for you.

Songbird76

Yeah, that is touchy, that is why I couch'd it the way I did at the beginning of the post. I've seen ONLY'S have issues being able to relate to what it is like to be the youngest or the oldest, let alone a middle. There is a learning curve. My learning curve was having a son. Being a gal and having a Sister having a son was an interesting adventure as a parent. Boys are just wired differently and never living with one until he was born I had zero frame of reference.
I have it opposite from your situation....DD is the older one, and she IS very responsible and a rule follower. I COULD leave her in charge and I don't think she would go cammando parent or anything, but it's not her responsibility. She's not his mom, and she shouldn't HAVE to be in that position. She's only a year and a half older, though, so by the time she'd be old enough to babysit, he won't need a babysitter anymore. But I grew up with a brother who was just over a year older than me. My mom never left him in charge of me per se, but if she left us together, he definitely took advantage and she allowed it. I remember being on vacation once and she gave us change for the soda machine with instructions that we were to SHARE...we were allowed to get ONE can to share between us. He insisted on getting diet coke, which I didn't like, and I said no, we had to pick something we BOTH liked, like 7-up. He decided he was older, so he got to pick and he put the money in and hit the button before I had a chance to do anything, knowing he would get the whole can to himself because I wouldn't drink it. And the money was gone, we couldn't get it back and couldn't afford a 2nd can. Had that been MY child who did that, I'd have taken the can away, he'd have had to pay me back, and he would have lost his privileges to choose for the rest of the trip. If you can't compromise, then you can see what it's like to have to deal with someone ELSE having the power over you. But mom didn't do anything...in fact, she got mad at ME for being upset and I should have just been grateful to get a pop from the machine. It's just way too easy for an older sibling to take advantage of the younger one, and too much temptation to be power hungry, so we just don't do it. Like you said, it can really make them resent each other. And it can make them resent the parents, too.

Songbird76

This would be funny if it wasn't so sad. I love my mother but sometimes she just doesn't think things through. My niece called her a few months ago in need of a car, long story short she wanted my mom to cosign. Luckily my mom got the car in her name and it's a good thing because miss not independent hasn't made a single payment. Oh joy I get to go and help her pick up the car this weekend. I told my mom say nothing to anybody or I'm not going with her.
Awww....how old is your niece? And why did she want your mom to cosign rather than her parents?

Songbird76

I use Luster's Pink products (in the ethnic hair product aisle) and they tame it. :)
Sometimes I miss the U.S. stores where you have a million choices of everything. Here, there is one shelving unit dedicated to hair sprays and gels and the like, rather than a whole isle, so choice is VERY limited. There were several brands of hair spray and mousse, but nothing that said hair wax, and only the one texturizing spray...no pommade. I've never heard of Luster's Pink...we have Loreal, Nivea, Got2Be, Garnier, and Schwartzkopf... I think that was pretty much it.

Songbird76

Ladies, any of you having trouble finding swimsuits this year? I'm having trouble finding a pattern I like. It doesn't help that Lands End only has five different colors/patterns in their halter tankini style, which is what I can wear. And one of them I have. There is such a lack of selection this year.
Do you get a new one every year? If you already have one, why are you looking for a new one? Is it worn out, or you just want a change? I bought my swimsuit several years ago now and I so rarely use it that it's still like new, so I haven't bothered looking for a new one this year. I HATE swimsuit shopping...not much makes me feel worse about my body than swimwear, so once I have one I like, I tend not to buy another until I ABSOLUTELY have to. Good luck, and I hope you find something soon!

Figgy1

Premium Member
ROFLOL how soon you forget! I started looking for a new one shortly after the holidays when the spring/summer items starting coming out. All is forgiven with your heavy workload. I really want a one piece seeing I'm going to be spending time in time water parks and where I'm staying has a community pool. BTW I'm still looking. I found one I really like but it didn't come in my size:(

Songbird76

I typically wear very deep v-neck halters. I'm young, I can get away with it. It covers everything, but it's deep. Deeper than any other v-neck I wear. Part of the reason is that I'm so short that I need the tie. Otherwise, my straps will fall down and everything will, um, pop.

Now I have a cover-up that comes up higher. I also have a rash guard that comes up higher. Thinking of getting a new rash guard from Lands End as well to match my suit.

There was one time we were staying at Beach Club. At the time, I had a cover-up with a deep V neck. To get from Stormalong Bay to the Villas, you go through the hotel. I realized when I got to my room that I had made it through the hotel without pushing a button or opening a door up to that point. Guys. :rolleyes:
What's a rash guard?

Songbird76

I'd be interested in the answer to this as my laptop does this a LOT. But my battery is external, so I just unplug it, take the battery out, and then put it back in and turn it on. I have no idea why it does it though! And my computer almost always, though not quite always, just automatically turns on when I open it. I rarely have to push the power button.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom