The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Ladies, any of you having trouble finding swimsuits this year? I'm having trouble finding a pattern I like. It doesn't help that Lands End only has five different colors/patterns in their halter tankini style, which is what I can wear. And one of them I have. There is such a lack of selection this year.

Yes I am. I finally found one at JCP in a halter tankini. It took a long time for the swimsuits to come in this season but they have a lot of styles and patterns. My DD also bought two but needed to order online after she picked pattern and style.

StarWarsGirl

Yes I am. I finally found one at JCP in a halter tankini. It took a long time for the swimsuits to come in this season but they have a lot of styles and patterns. My DD also bought two but needed to order online after she picked pattern and style.
Hmm. I was going to check there because it looked like they carry Junior's shorts in my size (which is what I need because I'm short). If Lands End doesn't come up with anything new, guess I'll be looking elsewhere.

EDIT: Only problem may be that their halter tops don't tie in the back. I need ones that tie so I can adjust them. Otherwise, well, I'm not well contained.:cyclops:

Last edited:

Gabe1

A DQ Blizzard Royal-With Fudge down the middle. Slurp. :hungry:

Dairy-Queen-Royal-Blizzards.jpg

donaldtoo

I used to love Orange. Now I won't do it. The pressure on your chest at take-off just makes me feel like I'm having an asthma attack (since that is somewhat what it feels like: if you imagine trying to breath through a straw during Mission: Space's takeoff, it's exactly what it feels like). The last time I did orange was with my friend two years ago, and I ended up with a migraine afterward, so it's just not worth it (also, I am only going to space if someone invents a transporter). I used to do green as an alternative, but then it broke down while my brother and I were on it. I had to appear calm for his sake, and he seemed perfectly calm, but I was panicking internally. It turns out I'm fine with small spaces until I can't get out of them. I'll do Green now if my brother absolutely wants to do it, but for the most part, if no one does it with me, I just go grab a latte or go to the Advanced Training Lab while they ride it. Or the gift shop; there's lots of Star Wars stuff there. :D

Hahaaa...! about the gift shop...! :hilarious:
One of the partners at the office told me that he would never go on it again because it was too claustrophobic, even though it didn't break down on his one (orange) ride. He said he was fine until the door closed and the control panel scrunched up to him. It has never bothered me.
I've gone through small caves up at Enchanted Rock here in Central Texas for over an hour where much of the going was via crawling. And, we had only one flashlight. :cyclops:
But, I can see where being stuck on it might be a little different, although, I've been in similar situations and never had a problem.

donaldtoo

Good afternoon everyone. Hubby came through the surgery fine. He is passing blood , but that's expected. It kind of grosses you out the first time or two. They got the biggest parts of the stone and sending it off to see what foods, or drinks he has to avoid. Thanks so much for all the well wishes, prayers, and pixie dust. We had to get up at 3:30 this morning. I'm going to bed and sleep with the sleepy hubby. Thanks, again from hubby and me. You guys are the greatest! xoxo to all:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: Tomorrow will be time for ketchup!

Glad the surgery went well. :)
Continued prayers for a speedy recovery.

StarWarsGirl

Hahaaa...! about the gift shop...! :hilarious:
One of the partners at the office told me that he would never go on it again because it was too claustrophobic, even though it didn't break down on his one (orange) ride. He said he was fine until the door closed and the control panel scrunched up to him. It has never bothered me.
I've gone through small caves up at Enchanted Rock here in Central Texas for over an hour where much of the going was via crawling. And, we had only one flashlight. :cyclops:
But, I can see where being stuck on it might be a little different, although, I've been in similar situations and never had a problem.
My friends and I used to play hide 'n seek as teens (because we were ridiculous). I'm small and would usually win because I could get myself into the most ridiculously cramped spaces. Including inside a suitcase once. :hilarious: Then we also have what we've dubbed "The Luggage Closet incident" which was pulled on three different people:joyfull::rolleyes:

Anyway, I never once suspected I was claustophobic. As long as I felt like I could get out or knew that everything was functioning correctly, I was fine.

I also don't think it helped on Mission Space that time that there weren't any other riders in that capsule. Just me and my brother. I think I might have been fine if there had been other adults there.

Gabe1

Hmm. I was going to check there because it looked like they carry Junior's shorts in my size (which is what I need because I'm short). If Lands End doesn't come up with anything new, guess I'll be looking elsewhere.

EDIT: Only problem may be that their halter tops don't tie in the back. I need ones that tie so I can adjust them. Otherwise, well, I'm not well contained.:cyclops:

Some of the ones I saw did tie, mine doesn't but it comes up pretty high up in more of a bib halter with droplet cut outs up high. I go for cute but modest.

donaldtoo

I have to tell you a funny story. When we were kids, my father assembled an elaborate train set with two tracks, and two locomotives and freight cars. It had electric signals, and a landscaped, large wooden board (about 18 feet long by 12 feet wide) that the set was placed on. There was a tunnel, and a suspension bridge at the other end. Anyway, he was up all Christmas Eve putting this huge project together for my brothers, and didn't get to bed until almost 5 a.m. on Christmas morning.

On Christmas morning, we all ran down to the Christmas tree (my mother dragged my father out of bed to join us :p ). My mother said that first we all had to go downstairs to the playroom (finished basement) because a present was down there for the boys. My brothers were thrilled when they saw the train set, and I remember one of them saying, "How did Santa Claus fit this down the chimney?! Yea, Santa!" Years after that, my father told us that he stood there shaking his head, and said, "After all that work I did, that old slob (Santa) got all the credit??!! " :mad: ( :hilarious: :hilarious:) I guess parents give up a lot of sleep for their kids! :joyfull:

Hahaaa...! LOVE that story...!!! :hilarious:
But, dad did eventually get his "due" credit years later. ;)
And yes, if DWifey and I had a dollar for every hour of sleep we gave up over the years raising 3 kiddos we'd have A LOT of dollars. :confused:
But, they can keep the dollars...it was more than worth it...!!! :happy:

StarWarsGirl

Some of the ones I saw did tie, mine doesn't but it comes up pretty high up in more of a bib halter with droplet cut outs up high. I go for cute but modest.
I typically wear very deep v-neck halters. I'm young, I can get away with it. It covers everything, but it's deep. Deeper than any other v-neck I wear. Part of the reason is that I'm so short that I need the tie. Otherwise, my straps will fall down and everything will, um, pop.

Now I have a cover-up that comes up higher. I also have a rash guard that comes up higher. Thinking of getting a new rash guard from Lands End as well to match my suit.

There was one time we were staying at Beach Club. At the time, I had a cover-up with a deep V neck. To get from Stormalong Bay to the Villas, you go through the hotel. I realized when I got to my room that I had made it through the hotel without pushing a button or opening a door up to that point. Guys. :rolleyes:

Gabe1

My friends and I used to play hide 'n seek as teens (because we were ridiculous). I'm small and would usually win because I could get myself into the most ridiculously cramped spaces. Including inside a suitcase once. :hilarious: Then we also have what we've dubbed "The Luggage Closet incident" which was pulled on three different people:joyfull::rolleyes:

Anyway, I never once suspected I was claustophobic. As long as I felt like I could get out or knew that everything was functioning correctly, I was fine.

I also don't think it helped on Mission Space that time that there weren't any other riders in that capsule. Just me and my brother. I think I might have been fine if there had been other adults there.

That is the line with me with small spaces and my claustrophobia. As long as I can get out I am usually fine. Me and the Egg in St Louis Arch did not end well, neither did Mission and likely added to the head slosh.

My kids still play hide and seek with Walter. He always finds them.

Gabe1

I typically wear very deep v-neck halters. I'm young, I can get away with it. It covers everything, but it's deep. Deeper than any other v-neck I wear. Part of the reason is that I'm so short that I need the tie. Otherwise, my straps will fall down and everything will, um, pop.

Now I have a cover-up that comes up higher. I also have a rash guard that comes up higher. Thinking of getting a new rash guard from Lands End as well to match my suit.

There was one time we were staying at Beach Club. At the time, I had a cover-up with a deep V neck. To get from Stormalong Bay to the Villas, you go through the hotel. I realized when I got to my room that I had made it through the hotel without pushing a button or opening a door up to that point. Guys. :rolleyes:

Ha! Yes, the wonders of the young, men are so helpful. ;) And you are the perfect age for certain swimwear. I was in Lands End this weekend and bought my DD another Rash Guard. It is so cute. She is extremely fair like my MIL. She has so many from being a lifeguard instructor-trainer. She can go from a ladies XS to a Children's 12-14 being as tiny as she is so she has so many choices.

Gabe1

I have to tell you a funny story. When we were kids, my father assembled an elaborate train set with two tracks, and two locomotives and freight cars. It had electric signals, and a landscaped, large wooden board (about 18 feet long by 12 feet wide) that the set was placed on. There was a tunnel, and a suspension bridge at the other end. Anyway, he was up all Christmas Eve putting this huge project together for my brothers, and didn't get to bed until almost 5 a.m. on Christmas morning.

On Christmas morning, we all ran down to the Christmas tree (my mother dragged my father out of bed to join us :p ). My mother said that first we all had to go downstairs to the playroom (finished basement) because a present was down there for the boys. My brothers were thrilled when they saw the train set, and I remember one of them saying, "How did Santa Claus fit this down the chimney?! Yea, Santa!" Years after that, my father told us that he stood there shaking his head, and said, "After all that work I did, that old slob (Santa) got all the credit??!! " :mad: ( :hilarious: :hilarious:) I guess parents give up a lot of sleep for their kids! :joyfull:

How funny! What a great gift.

Christmas was always exciting and yet I was always so freak'n tired. Rarely were we in bed much before dawn. The few years that everything came together early were the ones we spent at Disney and the year my DD was born at Thanksgiving. I just did the overdrive in advance. Still wouldn't trade those years.

Cesar R M

*nods head and pretends to understand* :D
http://www.rclcorporate.com/revolut...r-like-internet-service-to-largest-rcl-ships/

here you go! :D

also, hilarity..my doctor was on the second trip of the Quantum (right after RCL had canceled the first if I remember correctly due of glitches in their systems).
so I can tell you that the page is full of PR bulls...
Most remarkable, though, is that 5,000 people on a cruise ship went online at the same time and did it without a hitch.
That was a big.. fat.. lie..
I remember my Doctor saying that the whole trip was nightmarish system wise.. All systems were failing constantly,r reservations disappearing... internet going down..etc.
The crew even had to rely on PAPER while It was busy fixing the network and infrastructure lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom