The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Having done this with my two, my two cents (not that you raise them) evens the playing field. Young ones tend to fight being under the thumb of older ones. It gets old and they are always the shadow to the older one. I get the rebellion. Nobody likes having too many bosses or always having to listen to the older sibling. We have 5 boys a couple properties down, I watch the older one and at times would like to pinch him real hard as he always seems to be the shining star which ticks the heck out of the younger ones. So this is what we did.

Parents: Since you both are older now and both would like some independence in the parks we are going to try something new this year. Rule #1 you are to stay together always, one does not leave the other-ever. #2 neither of you are in charge, we are, if we are with you or not. You are both in charge and responsible for yourselves to follow rule #1. Break Rule #1 and that is it for independance this trip and we MAY try again next year. #3 Take turns what attraction will be next. It will be your turn every other attraction. You must go with your brother when it is his turn to choose. No excuses. #4 We expect a quick text from each of you every 45 minutes stating your location. (neither the sole communicator with parents) #5 you must return to designated area at time stated. #5 Both must report back to us that everything went well and according to rules or independence ends for this trip.

It worked for us anyhow with our kids both at Disney and at home, etc.

Was your SIL an only child?
And how old were they when you "let them loose"? Mine are still too young at 8 and not quite 10, especially since English is not their first language. But I have to remind DD sometimes that -I- am the mommy and I will tell DS what he can and can not do. She tends to try to be a mother hen and he resents it. We never leave them home alone for more than about 20 minutes....long enough for Hubby to pick me up from work or choir, or to pick up a couple of things from the grocery store, and we let them know that neither is in charge. So far we haven't had any problems with the short periods.

Songbird76

Who has @figmentfan423 stock pot?

I'm a hunt'n a groundhog. 82 yesterday. Currently 43, windchill 37.

animated-hunting-image-0014.gif
Can I have it when you are done? We got snow yesterday, or maybe it was Monday? And again today....together with Hail.

Songbird76

Sympathy like. I have a small 12 qt one you can borrow.:D
Thanks! It's sad because today is Kings Day and we came to my in-laws' because their town has games for kids right around the corner from their house...things like kicking a soccer ball through a hole and you get points depending on how big the hole was. Or a game where you have to balance on a thing that rocks from side to side and you have to put marbles on little poles and keep them there until all of the little poles have a marble. Then at the end of the morning, they get to pick out a prize. But because of the weather, it was canceled...so we rushed and drove over only to find it canceled.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks! It's sad because today is Kings Day and we came to my in-laws' because their town has games for kids right around the corner from their house...things like kicking a soccer ball through a hole and you get points depending on how big the hole was. Or a game where you have to balance on a thing that rocks from side to side and you have to put marbles on little poles and keep them there until all of the little poles have a marble. Then at the end of the morning, they get to pick out a prize. But because of the weather, it was canceled...so we rushed and drove over only to find it canceled.
I am so sorry to hear that! Yuck!

Cesar R M

I am hoping you are okay, and if i were you, I would go to the doctor. In 2014, I woke up with serious pain in my abdominal area, and I had a bad fever. It got worse throughout the day and by the time I was about to get off from work, it was excruciating. I ended up practically crawling home and just went to bed, where I woke up in a pool of sweat. Pain was worse than ever. At that point, I took myself to a walk in clinic who sent me straight to the emergency room. After painful blood tests and an IV (I am needle-phobic), and an MRI, they told me I had diverticulitis, which I had never heard of, but which apparently is a condition where some piece of something gets stuck in your intestine or colon or something and gets infected> If I had not gotten it treated, I could have dropped dead. Instead, I simply wished I was dead because for the next three weeks, I was on a hardcore antibiotic regiment, which meant......gasp!!!!! No drinking!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Well, at least that proved that I am just your garden variety lush and not a total alcoholic, because I was ready, willing, and able to lay off the hooch while I was in recovery.

But seriously, listen to your body, and if it is sending you weird signals, get checked.
My pain is subsiding but I am definitively going to see the doc. My sore troat was probably caused by acid reflux and not snoring.
Because I now have flu-like symptoms. I have this illness every year.
Also I think I know what happened now.
I have a round vibrating clock ( I'm 99% deaf when I remove my implant processor).. that thing is rounded shell of hard plastic.
Now I remember waking up and had the clock next to my side pillow.
So what I think happened was...
  1. woke up at night thanks to the acid reflux or snoring troat pain.
  2. Remove clock from head pillow's back... and check clock (was still early)
  3. drowsily set the clock on my chest.
  4. flip to the side... the clock now fell on my lower chest.. I flip to the left and I am now pressing hard the clock on my chest.
  5. Wake up.. clock still next to me and my chest hurts... :grumpy:
Anyway, will use the excuse to get a full check up and order some chinese food :p

MOXOMUMD

DD's hairstyle of the day. Yesterday's was a bow, which I forgot to take a picture of. But this one took me ages before it finally STAYED because she has such fine hair.
View attachment 139787
Very pretty. :) I can sympathize with taking time to do hair because my daughter's is thick. I've posted this some time ago but our family running joke since she was little is she has Diana Ross hair. Every morning it looks just like this.

ms-diana-ross.jpeg Big and wild. :D

donaldtoo

hopefully enough water there to not suffer any issue if theres droughts in the future!

Actually, the lake has been more full than this (flooded) many times over the 40 years we've lived here and we've still had droughts with very low lake levels, in between. But, this should hold for a while.
We had even more storms move through early this morning (3a-ish). There were a coupla' branches down in the front yard when I went to work. Not sure how much rain fell upstream, though.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Jeepers is right. Between your Sis and your dad, your family is going through a lot these days.

I don't ask about your dad too often, but it's because years ago I went through long illnesses with both of my parents, at different times. With these ongoing medical conditions (such as the case with your father), I realize that there's really not much new information to share. At best, it's a "process" and it's a bit of a balancing act on my end, to show you support, but not try to remind you of what's going on, at the same time. Others may have a different approach, and that's fine as well. Just wanted you to know where I was coming from, and always wish you and your family the best.

It is appreciated. My Sis is out of surgery and I guess it went well however it was more extensive than they had anticipated and had to do more. Wonder what that will do with her overly ambitious allotted recovery time?

Then to add to the drama of yesterday my niece, my Sis' DD that school is in the middle of nowhere in NY was transported again to the hospital yesterday evening after harpooning herself with an EpiPen again for an allergic reaction to apples like my DD and @StarWarsGirl have. So both my Sis and Niece being admitted to hospital in different states.

Me up for 3 hours during the night because I was like Phoebe on Friends wanting to take a hammer to the STUPID smoke detector.

StarWarsGirl

Funnily enough, she'll tolerate Star Tours, too.
But, M:S is out of the question, orange, green, or otherwise. Even though, from what I understand, the centrifuge is completely deactivated on green, she won't even consider it. Not. Gonna'. Happen.
Myself and the kiddos have never done green before, only orange. We first rode it 10 mos. after it opened. We love it...! :)
I used to love Orange. Now I won't do it. The pressure on your chest at take-off just makes me feel like I'm having an asthma attack (since that is somewhat what it feels like: if you imagine trying to breath through a straw during Mission: Space's takeoff, it's exactly what it feels like). The last time I did orange was with my friend two years ago, and I ended up with a migraine afterward, so it's just not worth it (also, I am only going to space if someone invents a transporter). I used to do green as an alternative, but then it broke down while my brother and I were on it. I had to appear calm for his sake, and he seemed perfectly calm, but I was panicking internally. It turns out I'm fine with small spaces until I can't get out of them. I'll do Green now if my brother absolutely wants to do it, but for the most part, if no one does it with me, I just go grab a latte or go to the Advanced Training Lab while they ride it. Or the gift shop; there's lots of Star Wars stuff there. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom