The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Anyone who loves puppy dogs might want to follow this instagram

caninehappyhour
12724859_1020369228019469_151638063_a.jpg

Canine Happy Hour
GoPro wearing dog photographer, Tula, is a rescue dog & therapy dog. Photos taken using a harness-mounted GoPro. We add occasional candid photos too.

https://www.instagram.com/caninehappyhour/

Last edited:

Gabe1

You misses a step queue, attraction, queue attraction, shopping:D or in the case of my boys queue attraction, queue attraction snacking:rolleyes:

My DS was always a happy little wanderer. Kinda still is. Easily distracted I'd/I'll turn around and poof gone. Always looking at something nearby. A year ago I came out of the restroom at American Pavilion and gone, just before the show doors were to close. If I remember correct he wandered over to outdoor auditorium area to look at times and found a friend to talk to. Text messaging has been a blessing.

donaldtoo

If she has ridden Star Tours, she can easily handle M:S green (and possibly even orange). In fact, M:S is much milder then Star Tours. You don't climb high, you don't actually move more then a few inches on Green and the spin is not discernible other then pushing one against the seat during take off on orange.

Funnily enough, she'll tolerate Star Tours, too.
But, M:S is out of the question, orange, green, or otherwise. Even though, from what I understand, the centrifuge is completely deactivated on green, she won't even consider it. Not. Gonna'. Happen.
Myself and the kiddos have never done green before, only orange. We first rode it 10 mos. after it opened. We love it...! :)

BuddyThomas

I only have a very mild need to constantly clean my nose). I dont get coughing fits or anything like that (or problems breathing) unless I have a heavy cold influenza.
But.. since there are some guys doing heavy renovation nearby. Including sawing metal and other stuff.. maybe the dust and plastic shards are affecting me.. I dunno.

This is the weird part, I havent coughed or sneezed in the past week.
Infact I just sneezed (because I was preparing something with chili ) today late afternoon(and it hurt awful).

but nothing at night o_o
I am baffled.. Well see how it goes.
I am hoping you are okay, and if i were you, I would go to the doctor. In 2014, I woke up with serious pain in my abdominal area, and I had a bad fever. It got worse throughout the day and by the time I was about to get off from work, it was excruciating. I ended up practically crawling home and just went to bed, where I woke up in a pool of sweat. Pain was worse than ever. At that point, I took myself to a walk in clinic who sent me straight to the emergency room. After painful blood tests and an IV (I am needle-phobic), and an MRI, they told me I had diverticulitis, which I had never heard of, but which apparently is a condition where some piece of something gets stuck in your intestine or colon or something and gets infected> If I had not gotten it treated, I could have dropped dead. Instead, I simply wished I was dead because for the next three weeks, I was on a hardcore antibiotic regiment, which meant......gasp!!!!! No drinking!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Well, at least that proved that I am just your garden variety lush and not a total alcoholic, because I was ready, willing, and able to lay off the hooch while I was in recovery.

But seriously, listen to your body, and if it is sending you weird signals, get checked.

Gabe1

@Gabe1 how's your dad doing in the rehab place?

He is all over the board. Flipp'n out at night. My Mom gave permission to the staff to sedate him at night as he was a disruption to the entire unit. During the day he is very very sleepy. They brought in some type of oxygen fluid enhancer??? When the doc came in this afternoon he slammed his eyes shut and acted asleep. Yet at the end of physical therapy with someone on each side of him he could walk with a walker 15 steps which I have not seen since the end of February. Basically he is going between bossy, difficult, flip out, sleeping and can say NO as good as any 2 year old. Honestly don't know what to make of him. Thanks for checking in on him. :inlove:

Up tomorrow my Sis' operation. Worry about her. Whole dang family already. Jeepers. :facepalm:

Gabe1

Funnily enough, she'll tolerate Star Tours, too.
But, M:S is out of the question, orange, green, or otherwise. Even though, from what I understand, the centrifuge is completely deactivated on green, she won't even consider it. Not. Gonna'. Happen.
Myself and the kiddos have never done green before, only orange. We first rode it 10 mos. after it opened. We love it...! :)

Yep, that is an accurate description of me. I'm in that no way ever again category.

On Star Tours As soon as it starts I pick out a spot on the floor and stare. I look up again when it is over. :D

Gabe1

I am hoping you are okay, and if i were you, I would go to the doctor. In 2014, I woke up with serious pain in my abdominal area, and I had a bad fever. It got worse throughout the day and by the time I was about to get off from work, it was excruciating. I ended up practically crawling home and just went to bed, where I woke up in a pool of sweat. Pain was worse than ever. At that point, I took myself to a walk in clinic who sent me straight to the emergency room. After painful blood tests and an IV (I am needle-phobic), and an MRI, they told me I had diverticulitis, which I had never heard of, but which apparently is a condition where some piece of something gets stuck in your intestine or colon or something and gets infected> If I had not gotten it treated, I could have dropped dead. Instead, I simply wished I was dead because for the next three weeks, I was on a hardcore antibiotic regiment, which meant......gasp!!!!! No drinking!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Well, at least that proved that I am just your garden variety lush and not a total alcoholic, because I was ready, willing, and able to lay off the hooch while I was in recovery.

But seriously, listen to your body, and if it is sending you weird signals, get checked.

Oy you are young for that. My FIL went spat on the bathroom floor in the middle of the night from undiagnosed at the moment diverticulitis.

donaldtoo

We are back from the Doctor, surgery is scheduled for 6 A.M. Wednesday morning. It will take all day. Surgery, forms, talking with the surgeon, and the rest of the team. Surgery, and recovery. I will be able to bring him home at the end of the day, if all goes well. I'm sure it will be fine. A long day for him, and me in the waiting room. DD has other commitments. :(

Sympathy like, and prayers again, for minimal discomfort and a quick recovery.

Gabe1

oh, I actually laughed out loud at those.
Specially from photodave.
Its like he's collecting them.

I actually enjoy his posts. Best when he is ticked off. He often has something to bring to the table. I don't post on those threads a great deal unless I have something to offer up. But I read them, I avoid debating on those threads too.

Gabe1

I wondered the same.. because it really hurts to sneeze.

its right below my last ribcage on my left side..
if it doesn't subside tomorrow, I will definitively going to get a doctor appointment.

*edit* and I dont think its my ribs. I can touch them just fine, but it hurts BELOW.
So its either muscular issue, some part of my stomatch (unlikely) or one of my kidneys.

Im sorry. I actually asked about cough sneezing because of me last year this month. I had a horrid cold. When I was busy coughing out my left lung I felt that familiar burn when a muscle is tearing. Every time for a week when I'd cough again I'd feel that burn again. It took over 6 months for it to go away and still every now and again when I do something I find it still tender. Doc not a bad idea if it isn't much better by morning.

Gabe1

So.....has anyone had this problem before?

I ordered clothes (shorts that I know are going to fit) and they were supposed to get here in two days according to the tracking. Anyway, when they didn't come within 8 days according to the store policy, I emailed them and said nothing was here.

Anyway, they said I could order again with free overnight shipping. So I did and they cancelled the other order. But just as the other order in supposed to arrive today. The first order got sent to my grandparents and therefore sent to me last night (almost 2 weeks later). Obviously some things are ordered twice because the first order never came in so now I have two of some things.

My folks had a classic Weber Grill delivered. It was dented. Then sent another full set, top and bottom. My Mom told them she only needed bottom. So they delivered another bottom and the next day came another top. Then came another top. By the end of the summer she quit trying and 3 full Weber Grills.

I had the same thing happen with 2 Ethan Allan Chairs. One came with a chip'd leg. Beyond expensive I told them I wanted a new one. The original order was for two, so they delivered two. I called, they came with an order to pick one up and delivered two more. It was crazy, in the end I had 4 wing backed chairs at the time $3200 and this was years and years ago. I gave up but I'm sure their inventory was way off.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Sleep would be a blessing. Hoping all goes quickly and you guys are out of there quicker than expected and all goes smoothly.

My Sis checks into the hospital tonight for early morning surgery tomorrow. Hopefully things will go well and she will be able to go home maybe Thursday.
Prayers and Pixie Dust for your entire family. All of you need a break! Keeping my fingers crossed you get one soon.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
He is all over the board. Flipp'n out at night. My Mom gave permission to the staff to sedate him at night as he was a disruption to the entire unit. During the day he is very very sleepy. They brought in some type of oxygen fluid enhancer??? When the doc came in this afternoon he slammed his eyes shut and acted asleep. Yet at the end of physical therapy with someone on each side of him he could walk with a walker 15 steps which I have not seen since the end of February. Basically he is going between bossy, difficult, flip out, sleeping and can say NO as good as any 2 year old. Honestly don't know what to make of him. Thanks for checking in on him. :inlove:

Up tomorrow my Sis' operation. Worry about her. Whole dang family already. Jeepers. :facepalm:

Jeepers is right. Between your Sis and your dad, your family is going through a lot these days.

I don't ask about your dad too often, but it's because years ago I went through long illnesses with both of my parents, at different times. With these ongoing medical conditions (such as the case with your father), I realize that there's really not much new information to share. At best, it's a "process" and it's a bit of a balancing act on my end, to show you support, but not try to remind you of what's going on, at the same time. Others may have a different approach, and that's fine as well. Just wanted you to know where I was coming from, and always wish you and your family the best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom