The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

So I was giving this some thought today, and understand your reasons to taking a breather from N&R. A few rambling thoughts came to mind, while I was stuck on the bus in gridlock traffic on I-93, heading home.

Sometimes, there's a fine line between debates and arguments in N&R. Now, some people take their comments to the extreme, and can be downright rude at times to others who disagree. Yet, overall, what I've found is that there are times when I can't stand someone in one thread, but end up really liking them in a completely different thread, when they're acting more civil, and have good information to share. This is not to excuse any rude behavior from any prior post of theirs, but it does tend to balance out some of the negativity.

Another good reason to (even briefly) scan N&R, is that sometimes Steve (WDW Magic moderator) will post a nice video or interesting pictures of an upcoming attraction, or share timely information about the parks. Any time I see him post something, I always go to see what it is right away. :) There are a few other members that always catch my attention as well, and believe it or not, you're one of them. I don't always agree with what you say, but I really do think that you add a lot to the N&R discussions. Everyone's opinion matters.
I do the same thing, but, I am ignoring the threads that are just there for no reason other then to argue or try and impress someone with their vast knowledge of everything! I'm just avoiding the obvious trigger ones because, #1.. you learn nothing of any value and #2... all the negativity just makes one tired. I understand that some of them are just trying to get Disney to be the Disney of old, but, it is obvious at this point that they have no reason to do so. They are making money hand over fist and unless their pricing cuts out a lot of people, it's not likely to stop. It just tedious that no one can see that and understand that without group action we have no power. Equally tedious is the constant feeling that the 5 or 10 regular posters think that they are a big enough group to make a difference. Perhaps if they approached it differently they might have more people that are willing to take a stance. However, for now the words of those few are not being taken seriously by any upper management Disney "CM" even if they are aware of it, and I truly doubt very many are. They currently have too much evidence to the contrary. That could change, but, it won't be anytime soon. Besides they are way to busy trying to figure out what to do with their next grotesque bonus check.

donaldtoo

Thats why a lot of people are using the ignore feature now.
Sometimes its just not worth it.
Specially when theres guys who actually seem to be doing it for fun and/or trolling.

Funny, as I've mentioned before, I've never had anyone on ignore, nor have I ever reported a post.
I'm just able to ignore. I read it, but, "ignore" it if I choose. Everything doesn't require a response. Sometimes, the best response is none at all. ;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

BuddyThomas

We are back from the Doctor, surgery is scheduled for 6 A.M. Wednesday morning. It will take all day. Surgery, forms, talking with the surgeon, and the rest of the team. Surgery, and recovery. I will be able to bring him home at the end of the day, if all goes well. I'm sure it will be fine. A long day for him, and me in the waiting room. DD has other commitments. :(
I'm so sorry you are all going through this. I am thinking of you and sending my prayers.

donaldtoo

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So I was giving this some thought today, and understand your reasons to taking a breather from N&R. A few rambling thoughts came to mind, while I was stuck on the bus in gridlock traffic on I-93, heading home.

Sometimes, there's a fine line between debates and arguments in N&R. Now, some people take their comments to the extreme, and can be downright rude at times to others who disagree. Yet, overall, what I've found is that there are times when I can't stand someone in one thread, but end up really liking them in a completely different thread, when they're acting more civil, and have good information to share. This is not to excuse any rude behavior from any prior post of theirs, but it does tend to balance out some of the negativity.

Another good reason to (even briefly) scan N&R, is that sometimes Steve (WDW Magic moderator) will post a nice video or interesting pictures of an upcoming attraction, or share timely information about the parks. Any time I see him post something, I always go to see what it is right away. :) There are a few other members that always catch my attention as well, and believe it or not, you're one of them. I don't always agree with what you say, but I really do think that you add a lot to the N&R discussions. Everyone's opinion matters.

^
This

Rude nobody cares for. Still I like members that can be mature and move on to different topics without needing to hold onto grudges and turn the burner down. Overall the site has very few members that are mean spirited or mock other people's posts. Generally most members post around drama trying to steer away from the fire. Actually I have more tolerance for drama than I do for the suc k up members that are often the nucleus of trouble. Those are the posts/threads I stay far away from.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
This doesn't work because the youngest is more assertive, than the older. And the younger likes to skirt the "rules". The oldest has a strong sense of what is right or wrong. A classic clash.

So what does the younger one do at Disney Parks? Does he leave the park, line jump to get himself into trouble? That is what I liked about Disney Parks, there wasn't a heck of a lot of trouble to get into, queue, attraction, next queue-attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom