The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I'm the opposite, I love Tower of Terror, way over any roller coasters. I have my back to consider though. I love the feeling of being suspended in space, if only briefly. I stayed away fro TofT for many years. Just tried it a couple years ago. And I fell in love.

I love the weightless feeling too!
There's a coaster at Sea World San Antonio called the Steel Eel that you actually might like. No inversions, and relatively tame (to me anyway ;)), but LOTS of "air time"... :)

betty rose

Well, I most likely couldn't do it anyway, given my motion sickness, but DD turns 10 in a month...so she's still pretty young and she's only really ever been on one roller coaster before. I'll let her make the decisions about what she wants to try though. If she says she wants to do it, she absolutely can, but I kind of doubt she'll want to. Thanks for the info! I'll let her know.
Our youngest grand son started riding Tower of Terror, when he was tall enough. He loves it. The oldest , not so much. The oldest loves RnRc , the youngest not so much. I don't do inversion rides anymore . Loved them as a kid though. The ferris wheel that turned upside down, as you went around. So fun.

betty rose

My DD is 5 years younger than my DS and she tended not to listen to him either and often justifiably. I actually never put either one of them in charge, it sets up problems.
This doesn't work because the youngest is more assertive, than the older. And the younger likes to skirt the "rules". The oldest has a strong sense of what is right or wrong. A classic clash.

betty rose

My brother listens to me when no one else is around. If one of my parents is around, he won't listen. If it's just us, he obeys without question. Which benefits us because we can go off and do things on our own in WDW (and likely DL as well this time) while our parents get some time without us. Though my mom always says when we're off on our own, she feels like she's missing a couple of appendages.:hilarious:

My parents have always said to him that if he wants to do stuff with just me, he has to behave. He knows if he doesn't listen, he doesn't get to go places with me. I also don't boss him around unnecessarily, which is probably a problem older siblings have with younger siblings. The majority of the time, his behavior is fine and I don't need to tell him what to do. We'll go long periods without talking to one another, which we're both usually content with. And then other times he won't shut up:joyfull:. It's funny because when he rides with my parents, he sits in the back and doesn't want to talk to them. With me, he sits in the front and I sometimes think to myself, "Does he ever shut up?":rolleyes:

Funny story: we were home by ourselves a few weeks ago. I think I asked him to help with the laundry or the dishes or something, and he got upset and whacked me on the head. Not hard really, it didn't hurt, and he apologized five minutes later (sincerely, on his own) so I told him that I wasn't going to tell our parents about it. They walked in the door and it was the first thing he told them, and they took away his computer for the evening. I'm not sure whether him turning himself in is a good thing or a bad thing...
That's a good thing, he probably felt bad about it and wanted to remove his guilt.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm the opposite, I love Tower of Terror, way over any roller coasters. I have my back to consider though. I love the feeling of being suspended in space, if only briefly. I stayed away fro TofT for many years. Just tried it a couple years ago. And I fell in love.

I love that weightless feeling. And the suspense of the drop is exciting too. There is a lot to love about TOT.

betty rose

We are back from the Doctor, surgery is scheduled for 6 A.M. Wednesday morning. It will take all day. Surgery, forms, talking with the surgeon, and the rest of the team. Surgery, and recovery. I will be able to bring him home at the end of the day, if all goes well. I'm sure it will be fine. A long day for him, and me in the waiting room. DD has other commitments. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom