The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Your Brother is lucky to have you. :inlove:

And the Bossy thing is the reason when my two were off on their own without anyone being in charge. It just would have set up bad things to happen. And it is a never ending thing for the younger one. The dynamic is different with your brother but it is the same principal as you said don't boss around. Me, as I said often my DD was born a mini adult so her judgement was always good.
Yup, different dynamic. I was the mini-adult, and he's always been pretty immature. Not that it's his fault, but it is what it is. We're also 6 1/2 years apart, 7 in school, so we've never been typical siblings. We basically have grown up like two only-children, minimal fighting. He started seeing me as an authority figure at some point and I've always been super protective of him. I guess it also helped that by the time my parents started letting us go off and do things on our own, I had been babysitting him for several years, and I was used to just letting him be at that point.

StarWarsGirl

that looks amazing
Hershey has some awesome coasters. Skyrush (the one in the video) is super intense, in spite of not gong upside down. It's easily the most thrilling coaster I've ever been on. The first time I got off of it, I could barely walk because I was shaking so badly. You aren't allowed to have anything in your pockets, no glasses, no cell phones, anything not physically attached to you must be stowed off the ride. They have hand grips in front of you, and they instruct you to hang on and not let go. Not that you want to let go...

We used to think Stormrunner was the most intense thing at Hershey, but compared to Skyrush, it's tame.

My brother's favorite is Fahrenheit.

I like Great Bear

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hershey has some awesome coasters. Skyrush (the one in the video) is super intense, in spite of not gong upside down. It's easily the most thrilling coaster I've ever been on. The first time I got off of it, I could barely walk because I was shaking so badly. You aren't allowed to have anything in your pockets, no glasses, no cell phones, anything not physically attached to you must be stowed off the ride. They have hand grips in front of you, and they instruct you to hang on and not let go. Not that you want to let go...

We used to think Stormrunner was the most intense thing at Hershey, but compared to Skyrush, it's tame.

My brother's favorite is Fahrenheit.

I like Great Bear
I thought GB was pretty tame.:D

betty rose

Good late morning. I see I have some catch up to do. Hubby and I spent a quiet day at home. We went to the x-ray place this morning. Off to the Doctor this afternoon. We get a disc so we looked at the x-ray. One piece of the stone is still in the same place, another piece may have broken off. We don't have all the tools to see everything clearly. But, that stone or piece is still in the same area. It's probably going to be surgery. We will hear when they can line up the surgeon, the surgical room, and team. We don't have enough people to be in any one place. Several Dr's. serve many places. Going to do a little more ketchup before our trip to the Dr.

betty rose

That was a funny show. I recall one episode when she went to a Horn and Hardart (old, automated restaurant, NYC). She only had a dime on her and could buy hot water in a bowl. She sat down at a table and saw a bottle of ketchup on the table, and put some in, and then used salt and pepper and made soup. :p Back when I was in jr. college, (typical poor student, walking around with change in my pocket--and that was on a "good" day . . . ;) ) I confess a few times that I did similar, "creative" lunches! :D
I did too. I had an ice cream cone, before I knew I shouldn't eat it. Every Sunday night. Dinner and treat all in one!

donaldtoo

RNRC has had a single rider line for quite some time. There are times when it isn't always running. It does some in handy, I very occasionally will ride the ride because it is fun, and we will single rider it. When I went on my first solo trip I checked into it but the single rider line wasn't ever open. I never checked this time.

Myself and all our kiddos love thrill rides. DWifey, not so much.
She doesn't suffer from motion sickness, she just doesn't really like them.
Funny thing is though, she'll still tolerate going on many...she'll do BTMR, Splash, Space, RnRC, etc.
Definitely NO M:S. The first time she did ToT she came off in tears and vowed to never ride it again. On our very next trip she was bound and determined to "Conquer her fears" and go on it again. Came off in tears again, and swore she would never go on it again...and, she hasn't.

betty rose

Yes, it goes upside down. It's the only one in WDW to do so. In DL, California Screanin' goes upside down once. In DLP, Space Mountain, their RnRC, and an Indiana Jones Roller Coaster all go upside down. So yes, Disney has a few rides that go upside down.

I'd do TSM for that park if she's not sure. There is a single riders line if anyone else wants to try RnRC. I'd still encourage her to try it, though. I think TofT is worse than RnRC.
I'm the opposite, I love Tower of Terror, way over any roller coasters. I have my back to consider though. I love the feeling of being suspended in space, if only briefly. I stayed away fro TofT for many years. Just tried it a couple years ago. And I fell in love.

betty rose

I guess it has finally come to the time when I must take a break from the rumors section. I usually like to read it because it makes me chuckle so often over the utter foolishness that those children can come up with. However, lately they have been taking a lead from their fearless leader and when someone expresses an opinion that differs from their own (and, of course, their leader) instead of having a discussion and a logical introduction of an argument they resort to outright insults and childish efforts to bully and intimidate the poster. I figure it is due to the fact that they don't have a logical response, but, still it is so sophomoric that I can no longer tolerate it, at least for a while. So, on with the intentional silliness that Chit Chat generates.
In case you are wondering, no, it isn't me being attacked, I'm a big boy and can handle the bullies myself, but, it does bother me that people are so routinely belittled when the sometimes absurd opinions of the children are challenged. With the exception of a few posters that I really respect, the whole place is a useless waste of cyberspace.
This is the best place to be.

Goofyernmost

Myself and all our kiddos love thrill rides. DWifey, not so much.
She doesn't suffer from motion sickness, she just doesn't really like them.
Funny thing is though, she'll still tolerate going on many...she'll do BTMR, Splash, Space, RnRC, etc.
Definitely NO M:S. The first time she did ToT she came off in tears and vowed to never ride it again. On our very next trip she was bound and determined to "Conquer her fears" and go on it again. Came off in tears again, and swore she would never go on it again...and, she hasn't.
If she has ridden Star Tours, she can easily handle M:S green (and possibly even orange). In fact, M:S is much milder then Star Tours. You don't climb high, you don't actually move more then a few inches on Green and the spin is not discernible other then pushing one against the seat during take off on orange.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom