The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

It helps that I'm old enough to have watched all these shows during their first run, and have box sets of many of them. I've just about worn out my That Girl dvd's.

Yep, same here (first run - I have no box sets).
I knew the first two.
When @MOXOMUMD did Fathers Day last year I think there were at least a coupla', more contemporary, animated ones I didn't know. :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
She doesn't want to do Everest. She saw a picture where it looks like the track is broken, and it freaked her out. She KNOWS it's fake and that that's not the real track, but the idea of it is so scary to her that she doesn't want to do it. I did get both kids talked into Space Mountain, though, which they said for the longest time they didn't want to do because it was in the dark. But they both want to do Splash and Big Thunder Mountain, and 7 dwarfs mine train...I will try Splash, but I did BTM on our honeymoon and had to sit down for half an hour afterwards so I wouldn't get sick, so I'm going to skip that and 7 dwarfs this time...daddy will take them.

I can understand the Everest thing. 7D is pretty tame, but the swinging cars could be a problem for someone with motion sickness. My husband gets motion sick too, and will go on anything except spinning things. He does take meds though. He used to get a patch but then our insurance company switched and wouldn't cover it. So instead of paying out of pocket for the patch, which is over $100, he does dramamine. It works pretty well, he only takes a half a pill, it does give him a little dry mouth but as long as it is a half a pill it doesn't make him drowsy. Have you ever tried it? Oh, by the way with his motion sickness he says TOT never bothers him, but everyone is different.

donaldtoo

There is definitely some of that, no doubt. But I enjoy N&R, because if you sort through the various discussions, you really can pick up some interesting and helpful information.

Yep, that's what I meant by poppin' in.
I'll usually start by skimmin' the latest page. When I find a post that catches my attention, I'll read that post. Then, if it's a post with another members post quoted in it and I want to go back and see the progression for more info, I use the little arrow next to the quoted user name to go back. I satisfy my curiosity, and then I'm out until I feel like poppin' in again. :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Single rider line for RnRC? When did that happen? Up until last year, I've never seen one--I've just waited in line with everyone else. I always thought if they could do a single rider at Everest over in AK, they could do ones for RnRC. So I hope your update is correct!! :)

RNRC has had a single rider line for quite some time. There are times when it isn't always running. It does some in handy, I very occasionally will ride the ride because it is fun, and we will single rider it. When I went on my first solo trip I checked into it but the single rider line wasn't ever open. I never checked this time.

StarWarsGirl

Single rider line for RnRC? When did that happen? Up until last year, I've never seen one--I've just waited in line with everyone else. I always thought if they could do a single rider at Everest over in AK, they could do ones for RnRC. So I hope your update is correct!! :)
There is a single rider line for RnRC. It's been there for a while to my knowledge. My friend and I used it when we went two years ago (It's been there for a while now). I don't think it runs as quickly as the TT or the EE ones. EE loads more quickly that RnRC, so a lot of times, they load the empty rows with singles just to keep the line (and the trains) moving, whereas RnRC tried to look for a correct-sized party to fill the rows. But it is a good option, especially since TSM and RnRC are both tier 1 choices on the FPs, so you can FP TSM and singles RnRC.

RnRC's singles line is one of only three singles lines at WDW. I wish they had more; although I can't use them when I've got my brother with me, if it's just me or me and my dad, they're great. I'm hoping they added one to Soarin' since the DCA version has a singles line. I know they tried one for Space Mountain, but apparently it didn't work very well because it's no more. Interestingly, there's one for Matterhorn, which has cars that are extremely similar to WDW's Space Mountain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_rider#Disney.27s_Hollywood_Studios

Goofyernmost

I'm so sorry you've been driven away. I tend not to go there unless I'm looking for something specific, like when I was looking for updates on Frostrom and ROL and Soarin'. But I came across a thread when I was looking where I thought people were really rude to the original poster. Something caught my eye and I decided to look, and it turned out not to be what I thought it was going to be, but people were pretty mean. So I didn't venture into any other threads outside of what was related to what I was looking for. Some people could learn a lot from Thumper.
Oh, it won't be forever, just until I come to terms with the obnoxious behavior of the "experts" on the board. I am the first one to admit that Disney has been pretty lax in recent years and the up-charge craziness as of late has me scratching my head, but, overall there are finally things that are happening. The problem is that the experts are still not happy with it. It isn't enough or it's not what they want to see so they just continue to condemn everything out of hand. It is just tiring and I usually don't get tired of calling them out on this, but when the "fan" brigade chime in with put-downs and insults based on nothing and without any effort to explain logically how their opinion is any better then someone else's, I just get tired of it. That's where I am now... it's depressing, it's sad and they are mostly wrong. But, I'll be back at some point rejuvenated and ready to call out BS when I see it.

FutureCEO

Been like that for a while, not sure how long. It's the middle line between standbye and fastpass. I've used it a couple of times in previous years. Can take a while though even-though the line is short.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I dont think the first counts as coaster.
Its pretty much a shorter version of the peoples mover themed to Dr. Seus.

The People mover is pretty much one level. This one has some small climbs and dips but moreover it is freak'n themed unlike the People Mover. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of the people mover but this attraction at Islands has a great deal more imagineering and engineering behind it without hurting the bones of those who can't take conventional coasters.

Gabe1

10 and 13. The younger won't listen to the older, so daughter tries each vacation to let them go on their own. So far that hasn't worked out well. I may be spending more time at the pool in the evening. Not swimming, just relaxing.

My DD is 5 years younger than my DS and she tended not to listen to him either and often justifiably. I actually never put either one of them in charge, it sets up problems.

Gabe1

Our school has now moved away from snow make up days. They added minutes to the start of the day, everyday, so if there are snow days those extra minutes should cover it. It is nice to have a for sure end date instead of school will end on this day unless.... I like definites, I'm very left brained.
We no longer make up snow days either. The extra days are built into the calendar. We release them up to a week early which never seems to make anyone sad. The decision is made at the March board meeting.

The last time we extended the school year was 2001. It was the year of a new teachers contract. A sticking point was 2 extra days of inservice for the professional staff. 3 more actually than any district in the county and more than most districts in the state. It was a year of way too many snowdays early on in the winter. We called off some of the inservice days to get in the classroom days and the teachers had a fit, breach of contract. And they were right. So we revised the calendar, held class during the originally scheduled inservice days and tacked on 4 additional days to the end of school. The students were dismissed as planned and we brought the teachers back the next week for a marathon of inservice and the administrators scheduled every single second until dismissal time on day 4. That was the last time anyone ever balked at the Boards attempts to get everyone dismissed by the last day of school. Usually we just wave a few days because of the tight time frames of summer construction contracts. That time it was an tinkle contest over a contentious contract year.

I only drink soda (Diet coke) now at Disney. Rarely in every day life do I drink soda. I drink water, seltzers, and a beer once in awhile. Too much sugar in regular soda and now too much controversy about the artificial sweeteners. I do like the taste of diet coke, but I figure it is healthier to drink water and if I want carbonation I can get that through seltzers.

I drink far more water now than I had over the previous 5 years. I buy the plastic bottle soda with tops like water. The bottle lasts me generally the day. I tend to run a tad hypoglycemic and can generally feel the first signs of it. Take a swig of soda and it just rights the ship. I don't miss drinking soda. Most of the time water just does the job better especially when it is hot.

Cesar R M

instead of having a discussion and a logical introduction of an argument
This goes both camps honestly.
We 've had also the snotty ultra Disney fan who says that Disney cant do no wrong and (like my other rants) overuse the defense "Disney is a business".
Some members are just sick of that and thus go straight into facepalm and direct confrontation mode.

In another cases, the "special ones" (aka those who leak' ) are already sick that they get their reputation smeared or their percentage of "correct" leaks questioned by newcomers again and again.

so the problem goes both ways.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Yea, I pop in there every now and then to see what's goin' on, but, rarely participate. Too many sharks/vultures circlin' just waitin' to pick at any little scrap to purposely start trouble.
Thats why a lot of people are using the ignore feature now.
Sometimes its just not worth it.
Specially when theres guys who actually seem to be doing it for fun and/or trolling.

Cesar R M

The People mover is pretty much one level. This one has some small climbs and dips but moreover it is freak'n themed unlike the People Mover. Don't get me wrong I am a fan of the people mover but this attraction at Islands has a great deal more imagineering and engineering behind it without hurting the bones of those who can't take conventional coasters.
That I agree with you.
But only thing I disliked is.. ITS TOO SHORT.
When you're finally relaxing and enjoying the views.. its done!
I tought it was a single train going a few back and forts, and it turns out theres 2 different trips.

Cesar R M

Dudley is great but not if you have neck or back problems. Whips your head back like whiplash.
I honestly think that MOST rides at UNI and IOA are bad for neck and back.
Transformers, Spiderman, Forbidden Journey and Gringotts all shake you everywhere... a lot others are coasters..
Others have some sort of spinning that can get you twist if you're not sitting correctly..etc.. :O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom