The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Me I always enjoyed That Girl!

images

Yep, pretty sure we watched every episode of That Girl, back in the day, too. :)

Songbird76

Ok, I am getting ready to do fast passes with the kids (figuring out which ones we want, I mean) and DD is not sure if she wants to do Rockin'Roller Coaster. She likes coasters, but she's never done any BIG ones, and she doesn't want to do anything that goes upside down. According to the Unofficial Guide, RRC has "3 inversions" and it's the only Disney coaster to have inversions. I googled "inversions" and it says any part of the coaster that turns you upside-down. But I could have sworn I read somewhere that Disney had no coasters that went upside-down. So...question for all you veterans, does RRC go upside-down or not?

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Ok, I am getting ready to do fast passes with the kids (figuring out which ones we want, I mean) and DD is not sure if she wants to do Rockin'Roller Coaster. She likes coasters, but she's never done any BIG ones, and she doesn't want to do anything that goes upside down. According to the Unofficial Guide, RRC has "3 inversions" and it's the only Disney coaster to have inversions. I googled "inversions" and it says any part of the coaster that turns you upside-down. But I could have sworn I read somewhere that Disney had no coasters that went upside-down. So...question for all you veterans, does RRC go upside-down or not?
yes it does go upside down 3 times. I would FP it so she doesnt have time to work herself up in the queue.

Songbird76

yes it does go upside down 3 times. I would FP it so she doesnt have time to work herself up in the queue.
Nope...we won't go on it at all then. I'm not a coaster person, and the kids don't want to do it if it goes upside down. Hubby is the only one who MIGHT want to do it and he's said he's really not fussy...he doesn't want to do anything without us. He'll go with the kids on stuff that I can't do (I get motion sickness and am terrified of heights. Tower of Terror is definitely out for me), but if the kids or I don't want to go, he won't go. So we'll skip it. He might be able to catch it on an extra magic hours time or something if he REALLY wants to do it. Thanks!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yep, pretty sure we watched every episode of That Girl, back in the day, too. :)

That was a funny show. I recall one episode when she went to a Horn and Hardart (old, automated restaurant, NYC). She only had a dime on her and could buy hot water in a bowl. She sat down at a table and saw a bottle of ketchup on the table, and put some in, and then used salt and pepper and made soup. :p Back when I was in jr. college, (typical poor student, walking around with change in my pocket--and that was on a "good" day . . . ;) ) I confess a few times that I did similar, "creative" lunches! :D

Goofyernmost

I once vowed that I would never do an inversion coaster. I don't even do any coasters that aren't at Disney. I don't like to swallow my heart repeatedly for the sake of "fun". However, I was talked into going on RnRC with my grandson. Know what, it's a dark ride. By the time you realize you just inverted it is over and you don't really know what is coming up. It is fun, exciting and at the same time, not really scary. It is possible that many people have ridden it and are still unaware that it went upside down, it is that dark in there and your attention is focused more on the glowing scenes that make up the ride. I think that was a recommendation from a confirmed 68 year old enemy of inversion roller coasters. I would suggest that she try it. It's over so fast that you are not aware of it even happening while it is happening. The start is worth the inversions anyway.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Yes, it goes upside down. It's the only one in WDW to do so. In DL, California Screanin' goes upside down once. In DLP, Space Mountain, their RnRC, and an Indiana Jones Roller Coaster all go upside down. So yes, Disney has a few rides that go upside down.

I'd do TSM for that park if she's not sure. There is a single riders line if anyone else wants to try RnRC. I'd still encourage her to try it, though. I think TofT is worse than RnRC.

StarWarsGirl

@Songbird76 Aldo, back to the roller coaster thing, upside down doesn't necesarily make a coaster intense. Everest doesn't go upside down, but I think it's more intense than RnRC. RnRC lasts all of 60 seconds, and the loud music makes it seem more intense than it actually is (take it from someone who's ridden sans music before). The worst part is the initial takeoff. You barely even realize you're upside down before you're right side up. I'd encourage you to have her try everything once. Then, if she doesn't want to go a second time, she doesn't have to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom