The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My DD said the next time we go she is going to order from Amazon Prime Pantry a case of water and a couple other things. An 8 pack of water is $3.29 and delivery is $5.99 We could start out with a bottle in hand but I wouldn't carry more. We often opted for bottled water as our beverage for QS so we really didn't buy a great deal but it wasn't summer either. I always ship a box to the resort. I put in stuff like suntan lotion, shampoo, conditioner, old beach towels to take to water parks and we leave behind when we go home. I put a couple 4 packs of single serve wines for the room. I put in a few boxes of fruit snacks and stuff for my DD as she is hypoglycemic. I looked at Garden Grocer but it was $15 to deliver + tip and a $40 minimum. Prime Pantry from Amazon is cheaper given she has a membership. A 12 pack of Coke is $4.60 We get refill mugs so I likely wouldn't do a pop order.

Yes I have. Both Breakfast and Dinner. I did originally liked the Breakfast. We stayed there when it was only open for 3 months. We actually got bump'd from POR that was overbooked for the 4th of July week and they placed us at AKL instead. We ate there a couple of mornings and dinner once. I ate there again for dinner in 2012 and didn't care for it at all. They really had taken the offerings down from a decade ago, added so many tables. The queue was long to get food that I wasn't overly impressed with for the cost. We only paid $25 a day for the dining plan with a CM discount so I took the poor service and crowded venue into account for what we actually paid for the meal. Won't be going back. My son has not either. They also had a rough time holding to their ADR times. We were seated almost 45 minutes late.

It is a resort I have mixed emotions about. We've stayed there a few times. The lobby is beautiful but I don't hang in a lobby. I like the bar area, but I've only sat in there waiting for ADRs, I'm not a real bar person. I fail to see any beauty in the Savannah areas. I see a lot of dirt vs beautiful landscaping. I use to get a kick though out of the zebra's duals. Beyond that I really didn't spend much time looking at the Animals. I missed the outside grounds of most other resorts, it is mostly contained to the inside of the lodge, the small walking area with the critters and the pool area. Outside not so much. Now AKL has had some of the best staff I've encountered in Disney in years. I love their pool area which easily reached no matter what room you are in. I love their quick service restuarant and the seating areas inside and out by the pool. I really enjoy the ducks that are wading in the pool in early morning hours before the guards come on duty and shoo them away. I love the balconies that overlook the pool area, though their rooms are the same size as a moderate resort which was disappointing. The bunkbeds and a queen were a bonus for our family. It was always rough traveling with a family of 4 with a manchild and girlchild.

I totally forgot about Amazon Prime, hubby is subscribed to that so maybe we will go that route as well. I would like to stay at AKL some day, but we stay in the "cheapie" rooms so we can go more often.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We have two Boma breakfast's for this trip. It's pretty good, although we noticed that some of the things have disappeared from the breakfast buffet. Corn beef bobootie, and really good chocolate crossiants. I'm wondering what else will be missing this time, with all the food cuts.

It's been a couple years since we went to Boma, I almost went by myself in March but I decided to go to Harambe Market for lunch instead. I do like the caramel sticky buns at Boma though.

I forgot to mention I did my double digit dance this morning:joyfull:

I thought today was my 60 mark, so I got up early to make fast passes. It is tomorrow.....

Cesar R M

I look at Toystory land, Avatarland and Rivers, the concepts well they are just that, whimsical thoughts and then moving targets after that.
I got the biggest kick out of Disney Springs. 10 story palm trees towering over 2 story restaurants. Can't read too much into concept drawings.
The saddest part is, how lately..instead of plussing.. Disney seems to be cutting down every premise.
I think their WDI team has became too big "to fail" and extremely "fat" finance wise.. that they fear even the minimum projects will balloon badly.

Cesar R M

I was thinking the same thing. We're going to eat on property on our main park days. On our fun days we'll pack a lunch and eat dinner back at the condo to save money. Over at UNI we'll book a few meals and maybe had off property to try a few local places.
The best part of Uni is, you have a ton of cheap restaurants very close.
I mean.. theres burger joints, a golden corral, a few suchi places.. right by the doors... or 2 blocks of walking.

Figgy1

Premium Member
The best part of Uni is, you have a ton of cheap restaurants very close.
I mean.. theres burger joints, a golden corral, a few suchi places.. right by the doors... or 2 blocks of walking.
We also get to bring in 2 soft sided coolers there because my ds and I have allergies. There are a couple of places there my other ds and dh want to try but not safe for me so we'll bring a small meal and do a ride or 2 while the other 2 eat.

Cesar R M

We have two Boma breakfast's for this trip. It's pretty good, although we noticed that some of the things have disappeared from the breakfast buffet. Corn beef bobootie, and really good chocolate crossiants. I'm wondering what else will be missing this time, with all the food cuts.
Most probably you will get different taste and smaller servings. If the rumors are correctly, they are switching to cheaper ingredients and reducing the amount of food.

Goofyernmost

I look at Toystory land, Avatarland and Rivers, the concepts well they are just that, whimsical thoughts and then moving targets after that.
I got the biggest kick out of Disney Springs. 10 story palm trees towering over 2 story restaurants. Can't read too much into concept drawings.
That could be by design. If you look at pictures of Disney/MGM on the street going toward the Theater you will see 10 story trees over two story buildings. Was a big thing back then. Actually, I'm pretty sure it remains that was today. Both at DHS and in Hollywood.

Goofyernmost

Wow Ponderosa! That and the Sizzler were very popular when I was very small along with the Ground Rounds. I don't think I've seen any of those anywhere in this area in 25-30 years. I will also ask my DS for good eats in the area. He is generally a fountain of info when it comes to food.
Last time I was at WDW both Ponderosa and Sizzler were just offsite. Sizzler was right next door to my hotel so I would go there in the morning for the 'all you can eat' $4.00 breakfast buffet. I'm not a huge fan of either, but, it is good for a quick meal and it seldom has big lines like Olive Garden or Red Lobster. In the evening if I wanted a hearty meal for less money then I would head for the Golden Corral which also was just a little ways past the Main Gate.

Thanks, I just told hubby about the beer. He rolled his eyes and said "oh, no". He does drink a lot of regular coffee, and water. No sodas at all. We have given up tea, which I love, but it gives me small crystals that I pass and are painful. I maybe have one soda a week. We can have root beer, which goes good with my hot dog!
It said that it prevents stones, I'm not sure what it does for ones that already exist. Having read about Cranberry Juice, it said that it dilates the urinary track making it larger and therefore more room for things to pass through. (I would assume that that would apply to kidney stones).

donaldtoo

My parents went through the great depression. My great grandma, called Mom Bee, was good with herbs and would help anyone sick, in the area. She also fed anyone who would need a meal, they had a garden and was always willing to share, even with a house full of kids. Mom was a kid through the depression. Mom Bee showed a great example of helping someone else.

Both sets of my grandparents went through the depression as well, and I remember similar stories. Rough times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom