The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I don't think I could pull off a pixie....but I love the chin length bob a la Ashley GreeneView attachment 138597

That is lovely. But as I look at all those layers....with my wavy hair it would be spiking out in every which direction. :eek:

I've done chin length but it has to be one swift cut. Then I always go back to longer. I've learned, the longer my hair is the more the waves are pulled out by the weight of my hair.

Gabe1

That's why my mom never told the hair stylist how to cut my hair. I never wanted mine super short. I went with shoulder-length one time, and that was the shortest I would go. When I was about six, I didn't want bangs anymore. Mom let me grow them out. I wanted really long hair for a while there, and my mom let me try to grow it out. That's when I figured out that it only grows to a certain length and then stops growing. My dad always wanted me to have short hair and complained when I was trying to grow it out, but my mom maintained that it was my hair, and as long as it was neat and classy-looking, I could do what I wanted. Now it's shorter, which I initially had to do because

The same thing applied to my brother. He's not allowed to have super long hair (nor does he want super-long hair), but several years ago, my parents had him try a buzz cut for the summer, which he initially didn't oppose. Although I thought it looked great (and it felt cool as well) he wasn't a fan. He knows which length buzzers he wants the stylist to use and keeps it that way.

My Mom was a control freak that way. My DD had long hair past her tushie and loved it. It was pretty, blonde, naturally straight. For a while anyhow. She was in 3rd grade when she bursted into tears one night saying she didn't want long hair anymore. So out of the blue. I asked her to wait 2 weeks to think about it as it was a major decision and she was happy with that. At the 2 week marker she got to choose the length. Just below the shoulder. Pretty much where it has landed ever since.

My DS went through the era when guys bleached the tips of their short spiked hair. He was also a swimmer so they died their hair blue at the end of the season for conference, sectionals and state.
It was freak'n hair and as long as it wasn't totally bizarre I didn't have any desire to dictate what they did with the hair just as long as it was clean. Since they were both competition swimmers, it was always way too clean.

Gabe1

See, I want mine long specifically because of the humidity. I need to tie it back so my head doesn't look like a brillo pad.

Exactly! I loved the episode of Monica in Barbados where the humidity made her hair go bonkers.

hqdefault.jpg

Cesar R M

Well color me curious. Sugar Land isn't on most people's radar. I think the only reason I remember it was around a decade or so ago the plant closed and opened in Louisiana and being bought up by Dreyfus. (one of the stocks my FIL estate owns)
I had family living nearby, they now live by Richmond.
They usually faced heavy floods there. Good thing their house is higher.

Anyway I received news about them.. their cars were HEAVILY damaged by baseball sized hail.

brb1006

I did see it. You have to remember celebrities visit Disney in a way we do not. We even ran into that in the fall with the families of the Golfers when Disney hosted a tournament in the fall. It was annoying. I watch some episodes of J & K 8 out of curiosity several times. I felt for Jon. He was younger than her at a time in their young life when that age difference mattered. I felt for her cause he was still very much a little boy himself, youngish for his age and that continued despite his joint decision to create more children.

My thoughts on their marriage is they should have stopped with the twins. Likely they would have still had a normal life. Blessed with two lovely daughters. As sweet as the bunch they ultimately received were the complications and stress that litter of children brought to the parents and twins would likely break any family dynamic stress and financially. I understood the shot they took at reality tv. I know what diapers, formula and baby food cost for 2 let alone that group. I look at most families of multiples that large and know the dreams they had for children turned into a hardship for most. I look at what it took to properly educate the 2 I had. It is daunting. I can't single out Jon or Kate for the failures. I can't say I wouldn't crack under that type of daily pressure.
I wonder what ever happened to the kids ever since the show ended? They must be in Elementary School at this point.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I understand how that can work for you and your DH. I'm surprised your DD and her family are willing to venture off site and give up the parks time-but feeding that group has to be expensive especially with growing young guys.
I was thinking the same thing. We're going to eat on property on our main park days. On our fun days we'll pack a lunch and eat dinner back at the condo to save money. Over at UNI we'll book a few meals and maybe had off property to try a few local places.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm thinking of ordering a case of water and a case of soda for hubby and having it delivered by Garden Grocer. I've never done that before but I heard they are reasonable and reliable. Since we will be there for two weeks it might be worth it to save a little money.

That's a really smart idea, especially since two of you are going. That should save you a heap of money.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Wine actually has lots of health benefits. My Gran often referred to it as Jesus' juice. It was always served at Sunday dinner and always to the children too.

My grandparents came from Ireland. Their families were very religious, Catholic. When my grandmother was in high school over there, the nuns had them take "the pledge"--no, I'm not making this up!! :hilarious: They gave each girl a cardboard card (a little larger in size than a credit card) with a picture of Jesus on it, and typed on the card was "the pledge" that the girls would not drink alcohol. The card was signed by each girl.

Now, my grandmother (once she lived here in the U.S. . . .), decided that if you only had "just a drop" of wine, it wasn't really "drinking". So every holiday when the family went to visit our grandparents, she would bring out these little cordial glasses, and pour in (multiple) "drops" of this (cheap, sweet wine--Mogen David, I think it was), and serve it to us. The little glasses were about 1/4 full. Then . . . she'd replenish her glass with a few more "drops" of wine, and so on, until she had herself, about 5 small cordial glasses with drops of wine . . . :joyfull: She made it clear to us kids, that she was not committing a sin, and would never break the pledge. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom