The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Wow Ponderosa! That and the Sizzler were very popular when I was very small along with the Ground Rounds. I don't think I've seen any of those anywhere in this area in 25-30 years. I will also ask my DS for good eats in the area. He is generally a fountain of info when it comes to food.
Thanks, I have heard since, that Ponderosa is not good. A couple more recommendations would be great!

betty rose

I spent 4 days outside pulling out last years plants. Fixing the dirt. Plopping in some spring flowers just cause and planted 3 tomato plants and some Kale. Raked up some dead spots in the lawn put down some grass seed (the birds were happy.) :D

And now we are getting rain and will for the next couple days. Hopefully it will break enough here and there for me to replant the spring flowers that the squirrels keep tossing out of the planters and leaving me a peanut in the flowers place. :cautious:
Are they burying the peanuts for next winter?

betty rose

I understand how that can work for you and your DH. I'm surprised your DD and her family are willing to venture off site and give up the parks time-but feeding that group has to be expensive especially with growing young guys.
We have all decided to take it slower this trip. Son in law, hates the heat and humidity, and gets tired with a full day. DD has thyroid issues, and now gets more tired. The grandson's don't mind leaving the parks. They are saying that there isn't much for them to ride. We are going back to saratoga and play games, after dinner. We each have a couple free days in the park. I'm sure it will be a marathon day of riding for them those days. Son in law, likes to have time to do nothing, swim at the pool, or go for a drive. It's definitely changing this year. We'll see if this "new" plan will work.

betty rose

How gospel it is, who knows....

Kidney stone risk reducers…

• Beer reduced kidney stone risk by 41%. - tops the list @betty rose
  • White wine reduced risk by 33%.
  • Red wine reduced risk by 31%.
  • Caffeinated coffee reduced kidney stone risk by 26%.
  • Decaf coffee reduced risk by 16%.
  • Orange juice reduced risk by 12%.
  • Tea reduced risk by 11%.
Kidney stone risk boosters…

• Sugar-sweetened noncola sodas increased kidney stone risk by 33%.
  • Sugar-sweetened colas increased risk by 23%.
  • Fruit punch increased risk by 18%.
  • Diet noncola sodas (but, surprisingly, not diet colas) increased risk by 17%.
Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology.
Thanks, I just told hubby about the beer. He rolled his eyes and said "oh, no". He does drink a lot of regular coffee, and water. No sodas at all. We have given up tea, which I love, but it gives me small crystals that I pass and are painful. I maybe have one soda a week. We can have root beer, which goes good with my hot dog!

Last edited:

betty rose

I'm thinking of ordering a case of water and a case of soda for hubby and having it delivered by Garden Grocer. I've never done that before but I heard they are reasonable and reliable. Since we will be there for two weeks it might be worth it to save a little money.

Have you ever tried Boma? That is my favorite Disney buffet for both breakfast and dinner.
We have two Boma breakfast's for this trip. It's pretty good, although we noticed that some of the things have disappeared from the breakfast buffet. Corn beef bobootie, and really good chocolate crossiants. I'm wondering what else will be missing this time, with all the food cuts.

betty rose

Wine actually has lots of health benefits. My Gran often referred to it as Jesus' juice. It was always served at Sunday dinner and always to the children too.

Storytime: When my sister was 2 years old she went around the table and drank all the children's glasses of wine before we were seated for dinner. They were tiny cordial glasses for the kids. Mom called the Doc and was told to just let her sleep it off, she did. That is my Sis, she also ate a bottle of Chock's children's vitamins when we were vacationing in Miami one year. Yep that girl was constipated for days. :hilarious:
That girl was always a handful. Still is. :inlove:
I love those stories, they are both really funny. Thanks for a good laugh this morning!

Songbird76

How gospel it is, who knows....

Kidney stone risk reducers…

• Beer reduced kidney stone risk by 41%. - tops the list @betty rose
  • White wine reduced risk by 33%.
  • Red wine reduced risk by 31%.
  • Caffeinated coffee reduced kidney stone risk by 26%.
  • Decaf coffee reduced risk by 16%.
  • Orange juice reduced risk by 12%.
  • Tea reduced risk by 11%.
Kidney stone risk boosters…

• Sugar-sweetened noncola sodas increased kidney stone risk by 33%.
  • Sugar-sweetened colas increased risk by 23%.
  • Fruit punch increased risk by 18%.
  • Diet noncola sodas (but, surprisingly, not diet colas) increased risk by 17%.
Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology.
Well...I'm screwed if I ever get a kidney stone. The ONLY thing on the list of reducers that I like is OJ. I don't drink beer, wine, coffee, or tea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom