Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
jelly beans are smarter:hilarious:

Indeed!
Jellybean2.jpg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'll be paying $3 for a bottle of water. :facepalm:

I'm thinking of ordering a case of water and a case of soda for hubby and having it delivered by Garden Grocer. I've never done that before but I heard they are reasonable and reliable. Since we will be there for two weeks it might be worth it to save a little money.

:hungover:

Then again, I'm not even a fan of Disney Buffets. *ducks and hides*

Have you ever tried Boma? That is my favorite Disney buffet for both breakfast and dinner.

StarWarsGirl

How gospel it is, who knows....

Kidney stone risk reducers…

• Beer reduced kidney stone risk by 41%. - tops the list @betty rose
  • White wine reduced risk by 33%.
  • Red wine reduced risk by 31%.
  • Caffeinated coffee reduced kidney stone risk by 26%.
  • Decaf coffee reduced risk by 16%.
  • Orange juice reduced risk by 12%.
  • Tea reduced risk by 11%.
Kidney stone risk boosters…

• Sugar-sweetened noncola sodas increased kidney stone risk by 33%.
  • Sugar-sweetened colas increased risk by 23%.
  • Fruit punch increased risk by 18%.
  • Diet noncola sodas (but, surprisingly, not diet colas) increased risk by 17%.
Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology.
Good to know my Coke Zero addiction isn't increasing kidney stone risks. And that my wine love has some benefits.

Gabe1

wait a sec.. Houston is flooded again?
Anything about Sugar land or the lower area (south left side) ?

Well color me curious. Sugar Land isn't on most people's radar. I think the only reason I remember it was around a decade or so ago the plant closed and opened in Louisiana and being bought up by Dreyfus. (one of the stocks my FIL estate owns)

Gabe1

I'm thinking of ordering a case of water and a case of soda for hubby and having it delivered by Garden Grocer. I've never done that before but I heard they are reasonable and reliable. Since we will be there for two weeks it might be worth it to save a little money.
My DD said the next time we go she is going to order from Amazon Prime Pantry a case of water and a couple other things. An 8 pack of water is $3.29 and delivery is $5.99 We could start out with a bottle in hand but I wouldn't carry more. We often opted for bottled water as our beverage for QS so we really didn't buy a great deal but it wasn't summer either. I always ship a box to the resort. I put in stuff like suntan lotion, shampoo, conditioner, old beach towels to take to water parks and we leave behind when we go home. I put a couple 4 packs of single serve wines for the room. I put in a few boxes of fruit snacks and stuff for my DD as she is hypoglycemic. I looked at Garden Grocer but it was $15 to deliver + tip and a $40 minimum. Prime Pantry from Amazon is cheaper given she has a membership. A 12 pack of Coke is $4.60 We get refill mugs so I likely wouldn't do a pop order.

Have you ever tried Boma? That is my favorite Disney buffet for both breakfast and dinner.

Yes I have. Both Breakfast and Dinner. I did originally liked the Breakfast. We stayed there when it was only open for 3 months. We actually got bump'd from POR that was overbooked for the 4th of July week and they placed us at AKL instead. We ate there a couple of mornings and dinner once. I ate there again for dinner in 2012 and didn't care for it at all. They really had taken the offerings down from a decade ago, added so many tables. The queue was long to get food that I wasn't overly impressed with for the cost. We only paid $25 a day for the dining plan with a CM discount so I took the poor service and crowded venue into account for what we actually paid for the meal. Won't be going back. My son has not either. They also had a rough time holding to their ADR times. We were seated almost 45 minutes late.

It is a resort I have mixed emotions about. We've stayed there a few times. The lobby is beautiful but I don't hang in a lobby. I like the bar area, but I've only sat in there waiting for ADRs, I'm not a real bar person. I fail to see any beauty in the Savannah areas. I see a lot of dirt vs beautiful landscaping. I use to get a kick though out of the zebra's duals. Beyond that I really didn't spend much time looking at the Animals. I missed the outside grounds of most other resorts, it is mostly contained to the inside of the lodge, the small walking area with the critters and the pool area. Outside not so much. Now AKL has had some of the best staff I've encountered in Disney in years. I love their pool area which easily reached no matter what room you are in. I love their quick service restuarant and the seating areas inside and out by the pool. I really enjoy the ducks that are wading in the pool in early morning hours before the guards come on duty and shoo them away. I love the balconies that overlook the pool area, though their rooms are the same size as a moderate resort which was disappointing. The bunkbeds and a queen were a bonus for our family. It was always rough traveling with a family of 4 with a manchild and girlchild.

Gabe1

Good to know my Coke Zero addiction isn't increasing kidney stone risks. And that my wine love has some benefits.

Wine actually has lots of health benefits. My Gran often referred to it as Jesus' juice. It was always served at Sunday dinner and always to the children too.

Storytime: When my sister was 2 years old she went around the table and drank all the children's glasses of wine before we were seated for dinner. They were tiny cordial glasses for the kids. Mom called the Doc and was told to just let her sleep it off, she did. That is my Sis, she also ate a bottle of Chock's children's vitamins when we were vacationing in Miami one year. Yep that girl was constipated for days. :hilarious:
That girl was always a handful. Still is. :inlove:

Gabe1

Precisely. The thrill junkies make a bee-line for BB, to go on Summit Plummet, and I'll bet there's quite a few angry guests when they find out that the major slide (and it's cousin slide) are both down.

What a wonderful :rolleyes: time for these to be down--right in the middle of spring break??!!! :eek: I feel bad for those guests, and I also feel bad for the front-line CMs, who have to deal with the complaints.

Disney always covers their tushies. They put out the easel signs that state what attractions are closed. I bet the overwhelming majority of guests look right past them in the rush to enter the parks. The CMs remind guests of the notification, sometimes give a FP+ or a beverage, etc. But yeah unless they are newbie CMs they kinda of let the abuse roll off them. I feel for the guests though. For the young those are the draw slides.

And they were down before the winter rehab too. Opened and down again. They even opened Typhoon kinda sorta early (it came back late, but earlier than expected) to close down Blizzard again in hopes of fixing to no avail. I know you guys are in the middle of Spring Break but most I think were done weeks ago. Chicago is the odd bucket here they are off this week, most of the state does the last week of March.

Gabe1

I absolutely agree but in this case all the indications are that it will go with the drawings. To fit the theme as closely as it can it will be necessary. I would be very, very surprised if they ever intended to use anything other then the original boats. Boats that, btw, have had years of experience in making the only meaningful turn in the ride.

I look at Toystory land, Avatarland and Rivers, the concepts well they are just that, whimsical thoughts and then moving targets after that.
I got the biggest kick out of Disney Springs. 10 story palm trees towering over 2 story restaurants. Can't read too much into concept drawings.

Gabe1

I hate to bring this up on the site but has anyone seen the John and Kate Plus 8 episode where they visit WDW. I don't know about you but I would sometimes watch a few episode when it was on TLC years ago out of boredom and curiosity and knowing how Kate treats her kids and the amount of times they throw a temper tantrum. It scared me away from watching that episode especially when it was first announced before it premiered.

I did see it. You have to remember celebrities visit Disney in a way we do not. We even ran into that in the fall with the families of the Golfers when Disney hosted a tournament in the fall. It was annoying. I watch some episodes of J & K 8 out of curiosity several times. I felt for Jon. He was younger than her at a time in their young life when that age difference mattered. I felt for her cause he was still very much a little boy himself, youngish for his age and that continued despite his joint decision to create more children.

My thoughts on their marriage is they should have stopped with the twins. Likely they would have still had a normal life. Blessed with two lovely daughters. As sweet as the bunch they ultimately received were the complications and stress that litter of children brought to the parents and twins would likely break any family dynamic stress and financially. I understood the shot they took at reality tv. I know what diapers, formula and baby food cost for 2 let alone that group. I look at most families of multiples that large and know the dreams they had for children turned into a hardship for most. I look at what it took to properly educate the 2 I had. It is daunting. I can't single out Jon or Kate for the failures. I can't say I wouldn't crack under that type of daily pressure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom