The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Was it all addressed correctly? I ordered plane tickets once and the online service wasn't working, so I called and did it by phone. The person I talked to had a very thick accent, but she repeated all my info back to me, so I wasn't worried about it. But as it got closer to my departure date and there was no sign of the tickets, I got worried and called them back. They said they had been delivered. I said no, I didn't get them...I got the same woman with the accent. She read my address and everything back to me again...yes...all correct. Yes...so they've been delivered. I said no, they haven't. I hung up, called and got a different guy. He said they had been delivered to the address in Ohio. I said, no, I don't live in Ohio....how did they end up there? He says it's buy zipcode...I tell him, the gal read it back to me and it was right. So just to double check, he had me give him the address. Every time there was supposed to be an 8, he said 5. So the woman with the accent mixed up the numbers 8 and 5. He had to cancel the previous tickets and issue new ones, which I decided to get by email and print off instead of getting paper tickets sent to me.
The address and zip code was absolutely correct, I checked and had hubby check, just in case I missed something. It was in California, for a couple years.

betty rose

It sounds like you need to invest in a snow blower. I imagine it would be easier to get the snow off the trees that way, as well as clearing your driveway!! Hope the stone passes!!
Hubby has an electric snowblower, but unless it's a dry snow, I won't let him use it in ice, which doesn't work, or very wet snow. He says it's grounded, but I don't trust electricity and water!

betty rose

Sometimes. There are lots of inappropriate comments made under the veil of just kidding. I know our school district tries to instill better choices in words chosen. While many words are not necessarily vulgar by any means but are often said to go for the jugular, shock or lack of a good vocabulary to start with. It is like bullying, the one saying the words isn't offended but the one they are aimed at are less appreciative of the words tossed about.
Stupid is not allowed at the grandson's schools. I'm glad to see this!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So I ordered new shorts because I needed them. This is my first time ordering clothes online and buying something from this particular store. I only ordered shorts because I know they would fit.

Anyway, I sent it to my address. The store sent to by UPS and transferred it the the post office and they forwarded it to 'the address on file'. Which should be mine but I'm thinking they forwarded to my grandparents new address though it baffles me how they could get the names wrong.

They tell you to update your address and then they don't deliver mail to you.

Not surprised. Sorry. Those UPS to USPS deliveries are difficult to trace too. I will usually opt for a slightly higher delivery charge to avoid the hand off at the post office.

betty rose

Thank you. He hasn't got tossed out yet. They have stuck him so far away now it is going to be impossible for me to keep track now. My Mom is going to need to pick up the slack. She is so much closer, maybe 20 minutes. Unfortunately she tends to mix stuff up herself and I've found her to embellish stuff and the more she retells stuff the elaborate it becomes. She is 81 and I believe the longest living between her parents and all the siblings had been 81-83 except I have a 90 year old Aunt now, the longest living of the 12 brothers and sisters, my Mom being next and she was the middle of the pack of 12. That is why I dealt with the Doc's. Now I don't even have a clue as to who are his new Doc's. While he seems stable for the moment I'm taking the opportunity to say UNCLE and catch up on things in our life here.
You deserve a break!

betty rose

Me too! It is boundaries. When the adults start being acceptive of students using words inappropriately that can rattle others we are not doing those students any favors. That bullying is sometimes so subtle but hurts just the same.
Amen, when I was in school, the "rich" kids were allowed to bully everyone in the school. And even I saw teacher's not speaking up to them. The mostly ran our high school, as their parent's ran the town I lived in.

betty rose

I love talking to you all. Hope to be on earlier tomorrow, as long as we don't get too much snow . If it's ice, we won't go out, unless hubby's stone starts to move. I don't think so at this point. So much for beer and walking, he has passed nothing for the last few weeks. Have a good evening.:)

Goofyernmost

Hi everyone, hubby and I spent the day shoveling out the other side of the drive, and clearing snow off our mugo pines, they tend to bend and break. We had some branches broken too. I came in, made pizza, and spent a couple more hours in bed. We expect more ice or snow this evening. Great spring we are having!:mad: It's normal for here, but I just can't get used to it. We did have some nice people, stop to help. But, we will do this until we move. We know everyone is in the same boat, at this time.
Well, not everybody, I'm afraid. It's 84 degrees here on a clear sunny day. Sorry to seem heartless, but that is why I moved here (among other reasons).

Goofyernmost

It's still there, we believe it's officially stuck. Hubby did go for his beer run this morning.
Maybe you already explained it and I missed it, but, I still don't understand why beer is necessary when cranberry juice does the same thing. What magical substance does beer contain that makes it a miracle drug all of a sudden. It seems to me that if you had to stick to that regiment long enough one might become an alcoholic.

StarWarsGirl

Hi everyone, hubby and I spent the day shoveling out the other side of the drive, and clearing snow off our mugo pines, they tend to bend and break. We had some branches broken too. I came in, made pizza, and spent a couple more hours in bed. We expect more ice or snow this evening. Great spring we are having!:mad: It's normal for here, but I just can't get used to it. We did have some nice people, stop to help. But, we will do this until we move. We know everyone is in the same boat, at this time.
Sympathy like. I won't discuss our weather here...

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm betting I would love both the pork and the mac and cheese. I love ribs that are smoked and have that very dark char to them, so much flavor. And I'm known to order Mac & Cheese as a side over fries. I can get fries any where, so I would have loved to been up there for dinner. :hungry:

Today for lunch I mixed the pork with the Mac and cheese and added a drizzle of bbq sauce. It was delicious! :hungry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom