The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm going to WDW in May for 4 days/3 nights. I had (already) decided to not buy the water parks option, and now I'm glad I made that decision. It's not that I'd ever go on those two scary slides in Blizzard Beach anyway, but the problem is that with those two blockbuster attractions down, that would mean that there would be a ton more people using the OTHER attractions there -- which would really increase the lines. No thanks.

That was my thought too. Those lines can become long enough as it is without the guest eater attractions being down. Been going on since 2013, I'm in the camp of fix it already or tear it down and start over. The slides are 21 years old, maybe they have outlived their lifespan.

Or the future option for many could be while taking a few days at Universal starting next year will be their new Water Park near the Cabana Suites. Volcano Bay really looks cool and they seem to have got the theming thing down.

Secondary-533.jpg

I'm excited for the new choices next year cause Disney is blinking while Uni is building.

Gabe1

I don't remember when the hoppers were first introduced, but, I'd think it wasn't until Disney/MGM opened. Before then every ticket you bought, had one price and it included both MK and EPCOT. (Oh, and it never expired) No specific hopper instructions. With the Monorail going between the two it was certainly an open invitation to go from one to the other. The following was a price list from 1983.
View attachment 138293

This comes from All Ears Historical Ticket info page provided by the Courtesy of Dave Smith, Archive Director of the Walt Disney Archives

I have found Both All Ears and Dave Smith vet their info pretty accurately.

3 Day MK Passport - Included admission to the MK for three days for one person plus one admission to River Country and the World Cruise to Discovery Island. Included unlimited use of the WDW transportation system. Available in 1980 and 1981 only.

3 Day World Passport - Disney's first park hopping ticket allowed unlimited use of both the MK and Epcot for three days for one person. Introduced in 1982. Discontinued in 1990.

4 Day World Passport - Allowed unlimited use of both the MK and Epcot for four days for one person. Introduced in 1982. Discontinued in 1992.

5 Day World Passport - Allowed unlimited use of both the MK and Epcot for five days for one person. Introduced in 1984. Discontinued in 1991.

Gabe1

@Gabe1 how's your father doing in rehab? I hope you're getting a break from all the stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. He hasn't got tossed out yet. They have stuck him so far away now it is going to be impossible for me to keep track now. My Mom is going to need to pick up the slack. She is so much closer, maybe 20 minutes. Unfortunately she tends to mix stuff up herself and I've found her to embellish stuff and the more she retells stuff the elaborate it becomes. She is 81 and I believe the longest living between her parents and all the siblings had been 81-83 except I have a 90 year old Aunt now, the longest living of the 12 brothers and sisters, my Mom being next and she was the middle of the pack of 12. That is why I dealt with the Doc's. Now I don't even have a clue as to who are his new Doc's. While he seems stable for the moment I'm taking the opportunity to say UNCLE and catch up on things in our life here.

Cesar R M

Rampant? Possibly. With 58% of American's on Facebook with a population in the states of about 320 million not to mention all the other other social media outlets, I wonder what rampant really is. I did ask my DD who plays quite a bit on Facebook, viewing more than posting but she was surprised what you and@Cesar R M are experiencing volume wise on Facebook and on Social Media from different countries with people who reside in the states. While I do run across the insulting verbiage where I play at times it is rare more than rampant in the circles that I participate. And that may indeed be the key. What type of people and sites we participate in and more so who we follow, friend and read. I remember a few weeks back Cesar mentioning the undertones of putting things in quotes and his interpretation in his experience what that means. I don't doubt it in the circles he trips upon but again I never have come across that. I asked my 24 year old about the new language of quotes and she looked at me like I was from Mars and she plays substantially more than I do. I'm beginning to believe with so many social media outlets about it just greatly differs from participant to participant.
It actually depends on how social you are.
Being on facebook isn't explicitly "being IN" the social media. since Facebook is like the most outhermost layer of social media and the most mainstream.
When you have people who only have "links" or "friends" related to only friends or family. That is hardly deep in the social media groups.
When you start to follow big groups of games, political areas, books, newspapers and others that are outside your personal group. Then you can consider yourself starting to be inside social media groups.

Also, as a IT tech.. I had to learn to either bold, italic or use quotes to push important information or to show something specifically.
For example, In most social fan sites... the quotes are either important areas/words/places or just mimicking what others said (where the usual here is using the QUOTE tool).
Italics are usually used for sarcasm, and bold for very important things.

For my experience.. Id say you're really into social media when you're wading deep into Twitter, deviantart, tumblr, imgur, instagram and facebook and website/games forums.
After all, facebook is pretty mainstream and very useful tool for linking people you know.

Cesar R M

That was my thought too. Those lines can become long enough as it is without the guest eater attractions being down. Been going on since 2013, I'm in the camp of fix it already or tear it down and start over. The slides are 21 years old, maybe they have outlived their lifespan.

Or the future option for many could be while taking a few days at Universal starting next year will be their new Water Park near the Cabana Suites. Volcano Bay really looks cool and they seem to have got the theming thing down.

Secondary-533.jpg

I'm excited for the new choices next year cause Disney is blinking while Uni is building.
Speaking of this, reminds me of on how fast they build Sapphire Falls.
Uni is really putting effort into building... While Disney seems more busy cooking the Shares/accounting books.

Cesar R M

In other news.. still trying to cancel that awful internet service I have.

I had splendid 100Mbps internet that worked flawless. Until a major company bought my ISP and united all cable companies of the country (I think I already had talked about this).
Well no idea what kind of stupidity they did, but their service was absolutely dismal. Having failures of more than 90% is outrageous, now summed with price hikes..
So yeah. Canceled, back to my old trusty ADSL.
I hope to upgrade the service to the next speed soon.
And hopefully they will install fiber optic in the next months.

*edit*
Mother is back and is furious.
they do not want to cancel her, claiming she has to cancel the full package and on another date.
Already made a formal complain against the government body that prevents abuse from telco companies.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Are they shut down? We won't do those rides, but you're right...it will make everything else WAY busier. We wouldn't have bought the add on, but since European tickets include them, we'll use them. The kids are really excited about it. The only thing I don't like about the 14 day ultimate tickets is that if you take a rest day, you lose that day in tickets because they have to be used within 14 days of the first entrance. So you can't just go to a water park one day and still have a park day that you can use at the end of your trip. I've read that the water parks are so busy by the afternoon that you can't really do much anyway, so we might just go in the morning and then leave at lunch and head to a park or to DS. But if the main attractions are down so everything else is super busy, I wonder how much fun we'll even have at the water parks!

For most of my DS Childhood Typhoon was around then Blizzard. I had my DD in Blizzard at 5 years old so most of the time they both strong enough to swim from slide to exit of slide. We would generally open by 9-10am, we'd open them and be out by 1-2 in afternoon always. We could only do water so much before we had enough for the day.

Remember you have the option of Typhoon Lagoon too, Kowabunga isn't quite as tall but it is a great slide too and that line moves quicker as there are 3 flumes. We always raced.

maxresdefault.jpg

The drop isn't as long as Summit but it is still awesome, it is also enclosed which helps some.

LyphoonLagoon1.jpg

Note: Beware, this is the slide most known for ladies to loose the upper portion of their bathing suit. One piece advised. Even my DD, young wears a one piece competition suit.

betty rose

I wish my hair would grow enough to donate. It grows to a certain point and then stops, even though it's really thick. Texture-wise it also doesn't look good shorter than shoulder length. Unless I like hair that would look like a yield sign.
My hair looks very thin when it's longer. I had it cut much shorter, and now it's sticking out all over the place. Just at the chin for me from now one, or shave my head!:eek::D

betty rose

Hi everyone, hubby and I spent the day shoveling out the other side of the drive, and clearing snow off our mugo pines, they tend to bend and break. We had some branches broken too. I came in, made pizza, and spent a couple more hours in bed. We expect more ice or snow this evening. Great spring we are having!:mad: It's normal for here, but I just can't get used to it. We did have some nice people, stop to help. But, we will do this until we move. We know everyone is in the same boat, at this time.

betty rose

They are just shuffling him. They stabilize him and shift him. My guess is it won't be long before either or both his heart or lungs go wacadoodles again and they will ship him once again to the nearest ER. It is a downfall of our medical protocol for seniors. Not really and the Doc's that are not his very long term Doc's are very cagey. If I can put the pieces of the puzzle together his heart is only functioning at 25-30%, it is congestive and his swallowing issues are causing lung infections. I won't rule out he had mini strokes but they have not and will not for whatever reason run another cat scan. Add in the beginnings of dementia and panic attacks and we are where we are, recycling Dad through the Health Care System. If we pulled him from the cycle it would be a minimum of $12,000.00 per month. For now he is in rehab because he has been in bed for over a month and his legs will not support himself. Mind you back a month and a half ago when his rapid heartbeat that put him in the ER room-he walked into the ER without issue.
I'm so sorry about this. They are milking the social security system for all it's worth. That's just not nice for the patient. Can you pull him out, and use hospice? My dad had really good hospice care. Mom had to go to a nursing home, for dementia. It was really good, and down the street from sister. She would check in at odd times. So Mom , got good care. Then a heart attack.

betty rose

Ha! They were so funny back then. The ladies versions were also as funny but truly drowning hazards.

We had a beautiful weekend here. I had shorts and no sleeve shirts on 2 days in a row. In April!!!! But it did bring out some people who need lessons in attire. Men: Tights are not proper stand alone attire. Ever. Anywhere. I feel the same way about tights for women but guys bring the topic to a whole different dimension. Ewe Ewe Ewe Rant over.
Oh, my I have never seen the men's wear in all my life. Ewe, a million times. Where has decency gone?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom