The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sadly.. for the first time ever.. my cinema had all the jungle book showings sold out.
I never seen so many sold outs before!
And my mother refuses to go to the last one (very late night, which is at around 40% sold)

We're rebooking for tomorrow :O

I just heard on the morning news that the movie is the second highest-grossing ticket sales, April movie opening day ever. Didn't realize just how popular this new movie is turning out to be. Well, I hope you and your mom have fun watching the movie today.

FutureCEO

I so agree, we have been on this route for over 17 years, and we still only have subs. We find mail on the ground, wrong mail in the box, and I got a Christmas card from my sister that was sent 5 years ago. It went everywhere before it got here. How does that happen?

It's called quasi-governmental organizations not keeping up with the times. To go with this, I think Eisenhower would be appalled at our highway system right now.

I was watching a show on Switzerland yesterday on the Wealth Entertainment Network which is apparently how the Travel Channel used to be. OMG, their rail system is light years ahead of the US.

FutureCEO

I just heard on the morning news that the movie is the second highest-grossing ticket sales, April movie opening day ever. Didn't realize just how popular this new movie is turning out to be. Well, I hope you and your mom have fun watching the movie today.

made $105 million in US and O'Canada. I will be waiting for it on DVD because I can't get over the out of pro-portion animals.

FutureCEO

A mother writes, "My 10 year old son with Aspergers was asked to write a poem for school titled 'I Am' he was given the first 2 words in every sentence. This is what he wrote..."

12936744_10154112555864283_6002116601417404582_n.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I so agree, we have been on this route for over 17 years, and we still only have subs. We find mail on the ground, wrong mail in the box, and I got a Christmas card from my sister that was sent 5 years ago. It went everywhere before it got here. How does that happen?

That is sad. My only guess is that the supervisor for that particular area is not doing his/her job and is hiring just anyone to deliver mail. With so many people out there looking for work, it's awful if they are hiring some in your area, who don't care at all.

Where I live, we've had the same mailman for over 7 years, and he's awesome. If it's raining, he even puts our mail between the front storm door and the main door, so it won't get wet. People on the street know him by name. I also recall a day shortly after we moved in, and hubby went for a run. It was hot outside and he slowed down to stop for a moment, when he turned the corner to our street. Our mailman (whom hubby did not know at the time), pulled up beside him in the post office van, and handed him a bottle of water, and asked him if he was o.k.. Hubby never forgot that act of kindness.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
DD and I are going to donate our hair this year, but decided to wait until AFTER Disney so we can tie our hair back in the parks. It's so hot and humid there and chin length hair is not practical for us. We want to be able to get it out of the way...so we're waiting to chop it. How short is really short for you?

My DD has donated her multiple times, that is great you and your DD will do this too.

My hair is always long so I can tie it up, it is too thick and wavy for short-my hair has a mind of its own when shorter no matter what I try to do with it and I spend too much time trying to conquer it, never winning. I have it cut a little shorter in winter but not dramatically cause I still pull it up at times even when it isn't warm out.

Songbird76

Yes, those two major slides are shut down. I pasted the WDW Magic's story on this. It is from a thread in the Parks General Discussion section of the forums.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...emain-closed-at-blizzard-beach-water-park.htm
Eeek...I didn't realize that. I've been trying to find out when Frozen Ever After and Soarin' will open, but there's still no info. I hadn't noticed that those two slides were closed. Another thing to watch for I guess. Along with Rivers of Light.

Songbird76

Hello everyone, our final total of snow was 3 feet. It's still lightly snowing. We worked off and on from 9 this morning until 3 this afternoon, shoveling out the driveway in case hubby needs to go to the hospital; with all this activity and beer. Nothing. Except , a couple tired old people. We know that this is good for us, as we took our time and only picked up small amounts of the heavy wet snow. We did hear tree branches breaking while we were out. Tonight, until tomorrow morning, light snow. Then, Tues and Wednesday, another 3 to 6 inches. "That's nothing." I did make us some no flour peanut butter cookies. They are really good and keep , you going. I've never done a flourless cookie. I was so surprised they turned out so well! Off to watch a little T.V. and rest. Doing some ketchup, too! Have a fun evening all.:joyfull:
It sounds like you need to invest in a snow blower. I imagine it would be easier to get the snow off the trees that way, as well as clearing your driveway!! Hope the stone passes!!

Songbird76

Was it all addressed correctly? I ordered plane tickets once and the online service wasn't working, so I called and did it by phone. The person I talked to had a very thick accent, but she repeated all my info back to me, so I wasn't worried about it. But as it got closer to my departure date and there was no sign of the tickets, I got worried and called them back. They said they had been delivered. I said no, I didn't get them...I got the same woman with the accent. She read my address and everything back to me again...yes...all correct. Yes...so they've been delivered. I said no, they haven't. I hung up, called and got a different guy. He said they had been delivered to the address in Ohio. I said, no, I don't live in Ohio....how did they end up there? He says it's buy zipcode...I tell him, the gal read it back to me and it was right. So just to double check, he had me give him the address. Every time there was supposed to be an 8, he said 5. So the woman with the accent mixed up the numbers 8 and 5. He had to cancel the previous tickets and issue new ones, which I decided to get by email and print off instead of getting paper tickets sent to me.

Songbird76

I wish my hair would grow enough to donate. It grows to a certain point and then stops, even though it's really thick. Texture-wise it also doesn't look good shorter than shoulder length. Unless I like hair that would look like a yield sign.
Sympathy like. Yes, I've been blessed with my hair. I have a friend whose hair just wouldn't grow past her shoulders. So frustrating for her...and then there's me...I look better with a kind of bob, and I'm the one who grows it out easily. But that's why I donate it. It's easy, costs me very little and it's something I can do. I can't give money all the time, as much as I'd like to...but I can grow out my hair!!

Songbird76

I'm lost. What are the eyedroppers for?
For 2 things...to put a drop of flavoring into each girl's mixture (they each get to make their own, whatever flavor they want) and to get the mixtures from the plastic cups to the lip gloss cases. We're not doing tubes, we're doing little plastic pill-bottle-like cases, but they are so small, you can't really pour without making a mess. So it was suggested to use an eye dropper.

Songbird76

My DD has donated her multiple times, that is great you and your DD will do this too.

My hair is always long so I can tie it up, it is too thick and wavy for short-my hair has a mind of its own when shorter no matter what I try to do with it and I spend too much time trying to conquer it, never winning. I have it cut a little shorter in winter but not dramatically cause I still pull it up at times even when it isn't warm out.
Yeah, my biggest issue is that it looks GREAT when the stylist does it...then I go home and I can't get it to do what the stylist did. My hair is slightly wavey, so I have to use a straightening iron to tame it, but the ends always flip the wrong way when I do it. I have no idea what I do wrong. But it's only until it grows long enough to put in a ponytail, because as soon as it gets to that length, up it goes. I wash it and tie it back when it's still wet, take it down at night when I go to bed. Easy-peazy.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning all! It is nice and sunny today. We are in the low 50s headed to 80 today. So I am getting out all day with errands.
Hope everyone had a great weekend. We mowed, planted the garden, and worked all day Saturday outside. Yesterday, went for a hike in the mtns. Have a few sore muscles this morning since the hike was up and down, hardly any flat ground. But, it was nice to get back out there and start again!
Hope you all have a nice day! :)

Goofyernmost

I was watching a show on Switzerland yesterday on the Wealth Entertainment Network which is apparently how the Travel Channel used to be. OMG, their rail system is light years ahead of the US.
All of Europe is light years ahead of the US in Rail travel. I love the trains in Europe and prefer them to Planes, Cars or Buses! Train terminals in Europe are just like major Airport terminals minus the planes. Very impressive.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It was a very black crust, or bark as my husband calls it. I thought it would be gross and taste burnt but it didn't it was full of flavor. Too bad I couldn't send you a taste. My mac and cheese might change your mind about the boxed stuff mine is super cheesy. I do like the boxed stuff too.

I'm betting I would love both the pork and the mac and cheese. I love ribs that are smoked and have that very dark char to them, so much flavor. And I'm known to order Mac & Cheese as a side over fries. I can get fries any where, so I would have loved to been up there for dinner. :hungry:

Cesar R M

yeah, it seems its doing all right.
It seems Disney is firing al cylinders this year.

Zootopia, then Jungle book, then Captain America civil war, then Alice in Wonderland.

they all have potential to be blockbusters of 1 billion.

Cesar R M

Was it all addressed correctly? I ordered plane tickets once and the online service wasn't working, so I called and did it by phone. The person I talked to had a very thick accent, but she repeated all my info back to me, so I wasn't worried about it. But as it got closer to my departure date and there was no sign of the tickets, I got worried and called them back. They said they had been delivered. I said no, I didn't get them...I got the same woman with the accent. She read my address and everything back to me again...yes...all correct. Yes...so they've been delivered. I said no, they haven't. I hung up, called and got a different guy. He said they had been delivered to the address in Ohio. I said, no, I don't live in Ohio....how did they end up there? He says it's buy zipcode...I tell him, the gal read it back to me and it was right. So just to double check, he had me give him the address. Every time there was supposed to be an 8, he said 5. So the woman with the accent mixed up the numbers 8 and 5. He had to cancel the previous tickets and issue new ones, which I decided to get by email and print off instead of getting paper tickets sent to me.
wow, talk about bad service.
I wonder if this was a call center in India or some place elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom