The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
All of Europe is light years ahead of the US in Rail travel. I love the trains in Europe and prefer them to Planes, Cars or Buses! Train terminals in Europe are just like major Airport terminals minus the planes. Very impressive.

I recall years ago, that my father said that the reason why Europe's rail travel was superior to ours here in the U.S., was because after WWII, the priority was to transport as many people as possible, in an effective manner. So putting money and work into rail travel was the most efficient way of doing that, while back here in the U.S., the focus was on the family car.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm going to chop him up and cook, then put on our left over pizza!;);)

ooohhh you like to doctor pizza too! :hungry:

I'm sleepy. Dinner was ham off the grill, BBQ Baked Beans, Carrots and Potato Pillow Rounds. Then about an hour later was a Dairy Queen run. Hot Fudge Sunday. Walt helped me finish mine after he had his own children's vanilla cup. :inlove:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
90 years, thats a long run.
good thing she passed on her sleep. Id rather pass while sleeping than having a nightmarish stroke or similar D:

She was good on Raymond. My MIL is very tiny, thin and very short but other than that she IS Marie in real life. Oddly the similarities in that show name wise is kinda creepity. On that side of the family there is in the immediate family a Frank, Marie, Allie, Robert, Jeffrey & Michael. No Debra but all so close as the family Jeffery was engaged (but broke off) with a Debra.

donaldtoo

The cutting of perks I just don't get. The passes and room are not a cost driven perk, even the discount on the dining plan they make money on as they do with the resorts. That rub of needing to make more money off the CM's or severely limit what and when they can use them only grates on the employees. Yes they have an endless supply of applicants however the turn over and quality of cast won't be the same when they need sooooo many. I don't like their new business model for perks it just seems counterproductive.

Yea, apparently they were already cutting some perks before I started there in August of '09. I was told CMs used to get free passes to all Disney movies, at one point.
Disney had already reacquired all their Stores from The Children's Place 14.5 mos. earlier. Just before I left, and as I've posted before, I was still getting 1-day hopper passes for spouse and all dependants in the house every 6 mos., resort discount was 60%, DDP was 50%, and my merch discount was 35%. The cool thing about the Park Passes is we were able to gift them to whoever. We, on our '12 and '13 trips, didn't pay for a single day in the Parks. All the passes we got from other CMs that weren't going to use theirs. Plus, in Sept. Of '13, we were able to get enough donated from the 3 Store's in our general area to help send a child sponsored by the pediatric cancer foundation that both DD's are on the BoD of and her whole family to WDW for a week. Others donated other things...one anonymous donor payed for their entire resort stay. Those perks kinda' made up for the moderate pay. Anything to "save" a few bucks here and there.
We'll see how that all plays out in the Iong run, I guess.

donaldtoo

The Coaster Crew got some cool pictures of the Frozen boats refurbished coming back to Epcot yesterday.

Cfx1v__WQAIOzmZ.jpg
Cfx1wRIW8AABBHA.jpg

Coaster Crew photo's

Look very similar to what they did before they were refurbished to me.
6572410627_8a684bd8ff_b.jpg

Yep, but, if their only intent was to refurbish, then, it appears they did just that...if their intent was to remodel, then, they failed miserably. ;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I love talking to you all. Hope to be on earlier tomorrow, as long as we don't get too much snow . If it's ice, we won't go out, unless hubby's stone starts to move. I don't think so at this point. So much for beer and walking, he has passed nothing for the last few weeks. Have a good evening.:)
I hope you didn't get any ice. I almost feel guilty sitting here in shorts and a tank top.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom