The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Hello everyone, our final total of snow was 3 feet. It's still lightly snowing. We worked off and on from 9 this morning until 3 this afternoon, shoveling out the driveway in case hubby needs to go to the hospital; with all this activity and beer. Nothing. Except , a couple tired old people. We know that this is good for us, as we took our time and only picked up small amounts of the heavy wet snow. We did hear tree branches breaking while we were out. Tonight, until tomorrow morning, light snow. Then, Tues and Wednesday, another 3 to 6 inches. "That's nothing." I did make us some no flour peanut butter cookies. They are really good and keep , you going. I've never done a flourless cookie. I was so surprised they turned out so well! Off to watch a little T.V. and rest. Doing some ketchup, too! Have a fun evening all.:joyfull:

I'm glad you got everything all shoveled. I have made flourless peanut butter cookies before too, I like them better than the ones with flour. I found them to be more moist.

Cesar R M

I hope you and your mom have a very nice time at the movie today. That looks like a pleasant movie.
@Cesar R M How was the Jungle Book? My husband wants to see it but I'm not a big Jungle Book fan so I'm just wondering if it is worth it or not.

Sadly.. for the first time ever.. my cinema had all the jungle book showings sold out.
I never seen so many sold outs before!
And my mother refuses to go to the last one (very late night, which is at around 40% sold)

We're rebooking for tomorrow :O

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I notice that. The one year we have time to do the water parks:mad: The add on cost us next to nothing and we will also do mini golf so at least it's not a total waste of money:)

I am a waterpark geek, as are my kids. I wont do Plumet or Gusher. My body is too old for that and was when the park opened way back. They are so steep. But I love the rest of the attractions, those two just are great guest eaters making the rest of the slides and rafts less crowded. I actually prefer Typhoon. I've done Kowabunga there but I am really old for that one too now. I really enjoy their lazy river, it is themed better and I absolutely love their real wave pool, Blizzard's main pool can't hold a candle to it.

Gabe1

Good morning we have a busy day ahead. My dh ds need bathing suits, i have a few groceries to grab and I'm getting my hair cut, going really short. If I'm going to be in Orlando for almost a month in summer I want wash shake and done not to mention the daily down poured on, water parks and water rides. I want easy. I'm doing it this far out in case it's too short it will have a bit of time to grown in. Enjoy the rest of you're weekend!

Can you find a photo of what you're going to be getting? Or similar?

Gabe1

Wait....rehab...does that mean he's doing better? I thought they didn't move you to rehab until the main treatments were done. Did they even figure out what was wrong with him?

They are just shuffling him. They stabilize him and shift him. My guess is it won't be long before either or both his heart or lungs go wacadoodles again and they will ship him once again to the nearest ER. It is a downfall of our medical protocol for seniors. Not really and the Doc's that are not his very long term Doc's are very cagey. If I can put the pieces of the puzzle together his heart is only functioning at 25-30%, it is congestive and his swallowing issues are causing lung infections. I won't rule out he had mini strokes but they have not and will not for whatever reason run another cat scan. Add in the beginnings of dementia and panic attacks and we are where we are, recycling Dad through the Health Care System. If we pulled him from the cycle it would be a minimum of $12,000.00 per month. For now he is in rehab because he has been in bed for over a month and his legs will not support himself. Mind you back a month and a half ago when his rapid heartbeat that put him in the ER room-he walked into the ER without issue.

Gabe1

When you say mens bathing suits i think of this :DView attachment 138290

Ha! They were so funny back then. The ladies versions were also as funny but truly drowning hazards.

We had a beautiful weekend here. I had shorts and no sleeve shirts on 2 days in a row. In April!!!! But it did bring out some people who need lessons in attire. Men: Tights are not proper stand alone attire. Ever. Anywhere. I feel the same way about tights for women but guys bring the topic to a whole different dimension. Ewe Ewe Ewe Rant over.

Gabe1

Me too...we don't have it over here, but there's a store that sells a few American products and that's one of them, so I get them once in a while. But I like homemade, too. I actually need a recipe for that....most recipes I've seen call for cheddar and/or velveta, neither of which we have here.

I do like homemade, adult Mac and Cheese too. I just actually love my comfort food and Kraft Original plastic liquid cheese Mac is one of my favorites.

Gabe1

I hear you! DD wants to make lipgloss for her birthday party with her girlfriends. I looked EVERYWHERE for eye droppers and couldn't find them. Even the pharmacy lady looked at me like I had 3 heads when I asked if they had them...like she didn't even know what they were. So I went online to look and the only place where I could buy loose eye droppers (without flea and tick meds for pets) has a 39-90 day delivery time...apparently they have to come from china.

I'm lost. What are the eyedroppers for?

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Ha! They were so funny back then. The ladies versions were also as funny but truly drowning hazards.

We had a beautiful weekend here. I had shorts and no sleeve shirts on 2 days in a row. In April!!!! But it did bring out some people who need lessons in attire. Men: Tights are not proper stand alone attire. Ever. Anywhere. I feel the same way about tights for women but guys bring the topic to a whole different dimension. Ewe Ewe Ewe Rant over.
:confused:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hello everyone, our final total of snow was 3 feet. It's still lightly snowing. We worked off and on from 9 this morning until 3 this afternoon, shoveling out the driveway in case hubby needs to go to the hospital; with all this activity and beer. Nothing. Except , a couple tired old people. We know that this is good for us, as we took our time and only picked up small amounts of the heavy wet snow. We did hear tree branches breaking while we were out. Tonight, until tomorrow morning, light snow. Then, Tues and Wednesday, another 3 to 6 inches. "That's nothing." I did make us some no flour peanut butter cookies. They are really good and keep , you going. I've never done a flourless cookie. I was so surprised they turned out so well! Off to watch a little T.V. and rest. Doing some ketchup, too! Have a fun evening all.:joyfull:
Sympathy like. That's a lot of snow for any time during winter!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it the middle of April? :confused::confused::confused: I sure wouldn't want to be a groundhog in your neighborhood at this time:D

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning, no make that it's a great morning! No heat is on here, I'm already in shorts, there's no wind and I don't have to cook today. Life is good. BTW I like my hair, I hate going to somebody new. But this person was good and listened! The last person who did my hair cut their hours to 3 or 4 days a week and only 3 or 4 hours a day and getting an appointment was so difficult that I gave up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom