The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Grrrrr.....the postal service is the most worthless organization in the world. Okay, so they're other organizations that are more worthless but....i picked USPS today.
I so agree, we have been on this route for over 17 years, and we still only have subs. We find mail on the ground, wrong mail in the box, and I got a Christmas card from my sister that was sent 5 years ago. It went everywhere before it got here. How does that happen?

betty rose

Shades of Green was the Disney Inn and available to guests. Near Downtown Disney there was another resort and within it was houses, townhomes, condo's and a hotel along with the Original Tree Houses, plus the Contemporary and Poly, so three in route to the Magic Kingdom the rest originally downtown Disney and Hotel Blvd. row. They were beyond amazing. BV Palace downtown was beyond coveted.
Spotless resorts with staff that knew how to treat guests.
Amen, I loved the Golf Resort, now Shades of Green. So well maintained, and it seemed big for the time. I miss that era too!

betty rose

Good morning we have a busy day ahead. My dh ds need bathing suits, i have a few groceries to grab and I'm getting my hair cut, going really short. If I'm going to be in Orlando for almost a month in summer I want wash shake and done not to mention the daily down poured on, water parks and water rides. I want easy. I'm doing it this far out in case it's too short it will have a bit of time to grown in. Enjoy the rest of you're weekend!
I did the same thing. Wash and go. That's the best in Disney!

betty rose

Yep, that's been pretty prevalent on social media like Facebook. I've seen a lot of memes about it. And whether you find it insulting or not might depend on the person or where you are, too. Before hubby and I got married, I called him "The Communist". We could call the caterer and say "Hi, it's the communist..." and she knew who we were. But it wasn't because of generosity or anything...I just kept teasing him about all the things they don't have in the Netherlands. "What kind of communist country doesn't have TWINKIES?" or "What kind of communist country doesn't have reeses??" and so I just started calling him the communist. No one ever took offense at it...people always laughed.
Anyway, I got your joke and I laughed. I've seen it a lot.
Me too!

betty rose

Wish I was there as I'd be happy to help. By the way my hubby's family lives out there, too. Brother/wife in Denver, and his parents are way up high in elevation in the Rockies. They're just used to all this. As hubby says, even when it snows a lot out there, it doesn't stay nearly as long as out here, because it's so dry there.
It's funny, as it depends if you get sun or not, on the north side of the house, snow stays pretty much all winter, on the south, it goes away quickly. East and west sides are pretty much even. Our roads are clear, right now. We have a very effective plowing system. Now, if they would just plow the driveway and sidewalks!

donaldtoo

Yikes! Beware of what you believe in social media sites. Caution, if stuff is said like that to so many of us we would not like you as much as we do. Sure we have our weirdo's and yes they do find their places to spu that type of stuff but I've never ever heard that. So I'd be careful in judging the whole lot of us by some social media sites.

The simple fact of it is, we've been asked here time and time and time again not to discuss politics, and he continues to do it on a regular basis. Why does he get a pass? I don't care what side your're on or not, I don't come here to discuss the current political state of anything anywhere in the world. Stay away from it. And...SURPRISE! We may not all agree with you...!!! :rolleyes: "Joking" or not. I've ignored so much of it in the past, but, at some point, I get oversaturated and need to vent a bit. Again, we've been asked not to over and over again. Go find some political forum to do that in. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE!!! :bored:

StarWarsGirl

DD and I both have really thick hair, too...and it grows FAST. We donated 3 years ago in September. I chopped mine to just above chin level and it's almost all the way down my back now. This will be my 4th time donating, and DD's 2nd. But it is REALLY heavy when it's long. I usually wear mine in a bun to keep it out of my face, but it hurts my head by the end of the day. I'm looking forward to cutting it.
I wish my hair would grow enough to donate. It grows to a certain point and then stops, even though it's really thick. Texture-wise it also doesn't look good shorter than shoulder length. Unless I like hair that would look like a yield sign.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom