The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Meh. At some point they moved my Dad again yesterday. Those ambulance transports never run on time. This time they moved him 30 some miles East in a NorthShore suburb of Chicago, almost to the Lake Front.! :jawdrop: Despite telling him he was going for physical rehab he stuck with the idea that he was going home. Bet it wasn't pretty when he landed at rehab. I'm sure he didn't make a good first impression. My Mom will go today.

Me, it is going to be a beautiful day here today, almost summer like so that should make me happy.
I could picture that. Not pretty at all good luck to the staff there. I hope you get to get some time outside!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Surprised to read your comments and those of @ajrwdwgirl and @figmentfan423. Back when I was a kid, my mother used to buy those packs, or even individually, (either Fruit of the Loom or Hanes, depending upon what was on sale) for my father and brothers. They held up fine.

Sounds like the quality has gone down the tubes, which is unfortunate. Figgy seemed to circumvent this issue with the "Beefy" t-shirts, which may actually be the original quality, but now you pay more for them. :mad:

Yep, like many brand names of clothing manufactured in the US when outsourced around the world they quality was also dumbed down at the same time. When my son entered the professional world I went to purchasing designer brands of undershirts for him, just purchasing them at places like Marshalls to help offset the high price.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ha! Love this.....

People who put their feet up on BART trains or set their bag next to them could face some stiff penalties soon if they don’t make room when asked. $100, $200 then $500 in San Francisco. My DD and I ran into this a few weeks ago on a Metra Chicago commuter train a few weeks ago Sadly other passengers will still have to ASK to be seated where a bag or a foot is and those hog passengers are that arrogant to start with.

Ha! Yah, good luck with that one. I've taken all kinds of public transportation my whole life, and believe me, i've seen it ALL. I really hope that the people who ask others for a seat, size up the person very carefully, before asking pretty please, if the person would move for them . . . :cautious: Packages are one thing, but there are definitely passengers you would not want to approach for ANY reason . . . seen some really ugly, dangerous stuff down through the years on trains and buses.

StarWarsGirl

I am so glad you found time for some wine!!!!!!!!!!!!! How are you holding up?
th

For-the-win...or-was-that-the-wine3.jpg

roses-are-red-wine-meme.png

donaldtoo

It was to my family. I was the first one in the family to graduate from High School. (Different times then) I had to get a class ring because they wanted to show it off. It quickly became much less important when I became the first one to graduate from college. I know that I have my HS class ring somewhere but damned if I remember where it might be. I was going to try and find it because I am attending my 50th High School reunion this summer and I wanted to wear it. It must be around here someplace. I still have the tassel from my graduation cap.

My pop graduated from HS in '50, my mom in '57, both from small town schools. Pop had less than 10 (if I remember correctly) in his graduating class and mom had between 20 and 25. So, it was pretty much expected of us to graduate HS.

Cesar R M

Surprised to read your comments and those of @ajrwdwgirl and @figmentfan423. Back when I was a kid, my mother used to buy those packs, or even individually, (either Fruit of the Loom or Hanes, depending upon what was on sale) for my father and brothers. They held up fine.

Sounds like the quality has gone down the tubes, which is unfortunate. Figgy seemed to circumvent this issue with the "Beefy" t-shirts, which may actually be the original quality, but now you pay more for them. :mad:
they probably are using either less material, or using cheaper production (in china obviously)

Goofyernmost

My pop graduated from HS in '50, my mom in '57, both from small town schools. Pop had less than 10 (if I remember correctly) in his graduating class and mom had between 20 and 25. So, it was pretty much expected of us to graduate HS.
It never seemed to be an option for the family. My father grew up on a farm and was needed there, not to mention the fact that he hated school. My mother was a female and having an education was deemed unnecessary at the time. One was born in 1921 and the other in 1918. I was the second oldest of the generation and the oldest was the son of a miner and made his way through life with his fists. Lived to be a ripe old 45 years old. So I was the first to be in a generation that was actually expected to finish high school, at least. College was still not considered a necessity at the time. I graduated from HS in 1966. Just about the time when things started to change around. Somewhat influenced by the Vietnam War and the possible college deferment afforded to students. That's not why I went to college, however, and I ended up as a participant in that lovely encounter anyway.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom