The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

So 4 Avatar sequels. Is anybody EXCITED AS ME!!!! (sarcasm) Visual stunning but the plot was horrible.
I actually wonder how many scripts will be borrowed from another movies.. I mean.. the first was pretty much Pocahontas in Space.
I suppose the second will be a "the empire strikes back" type movie.
And the last 2 movies will be divided a single movies split into two a la harry potter's deathly hallows.

Figgy1

Premium Member
The medical system is seriously short of doctors. So many are leaving, as it's no longer profitable to practice with the high insurance, and the forms to fill out for the government. Not just social security, the government is regulating everything. My Dr. can only see us for a short amount of time around 20 minutes or less. Government regulations.
Sympathy like. I'm glad my mom and my in laws live out here!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're all getting excellent medical care.

Figgy1

Premium Member
boy that sounds great for me right now. It's on my Disney list, if I can talk the kids into it.
Mr isbest keeps telling me to try Columbia restaurant in Celebration. It's Cuban so I don't know if that's your style but it does get excellent reviews. I'm hoping to get there this trip. Maybe after a water park day. BTW they have dairy free items on their menu. There are also a couple of PF Chang's in the area

Figgy1

Premium Member
The chances are that they can indeed see people for more then 20 minutes. They, however, can only charge for 20 minutes. The outcome is the same, but, the motivation is very different. Does anyone besides me remember back when the Doctors genuinely cared about the patient and a whole lot less about the bank account? I'm not saying that is the case with your individual physician, but, it is true for very many. I've heard so many Doctor's complain about how they had to go to school for a zillion years and have ginormous student loans that they have to pay off. Yet, I've never seen a poor physician. They still seem to be able make the payments on their BMW.
I like our doctor. We never feel rushed and he drives a Volvo that's about 15 years old.

Songbird76

I thought a law was passed for grandparents. Maybe it's just state by state.
My guess, and I'm certainly not a lawyer, is that they would favor the father over the grandparents, unless the father was proven unfit. In a situation of divorce, parents will both have priority over grandparents if both parents are fit and stable. It's not that they think she SHOULDN'T spend time with her grandmother, but....given the choice between the father and the grandmother, they are going to give the father slightly more preference...it IS his daughter. As long as he is giving her good care, they would want her to spend as much time with him as she can, even if it's not on one of his "days". And really, that's kind of as it should be, isn't it? If the tables were reversed, you'd want her to spend the time with mom rather than a babysitter...and I'm assuming it goes both ways...so if she is supposed to be with dad on the weekend, but dad can't be there for some reason, mom would have right of refusal or whatever it's called...first opportunity to take over the care for that weekend, before he arranged something else like a babysitter. That's just my guess though.

Songbird76

When ever you fly in and out of Denver, it's a carp shoot. Our weather is all over the place. At that time delays can happen due to thunderstorms. Why Denver decided to build the airport in the highest tornado spot for Colorado is anyone's guess. I hope you have a storm free flight.
Well, if it's anything like Laramie, (being pretty close to Denver) the thunderstorms are usually in the late afternoon/evening...so as long as we get an overnight or morning flight, we should be ok, right?

betty rose

Good morning everyone. Do you know what time it is? Yes, it's walking time for me and hubby. The storm is still heading our way. The snow totals have changed again. This time less snow, I'll take it! It's supposed to be around 5 inches, to 3 feet. Can you laugh at that "prediction". It's crazy. I could do that without a degree.;););) Off we go. I'll be back to do some ketchup! Have fun while, I'm gone. :D

betty rose

Well, if it's anything like Laramie, (being pretty close to Denver) the thunderstorms are usually in the late afternoon/evening...so as long as we get an overnight or morning flight, we should be ok, right?
In the past, I would say yes, and a morning flight is usually good. This year it's so hard to predict. See our latest prediction for the snow storm coming in.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning everyone. Do you know what time it is? Yes, it's walking time for me and hubby. The storm is still heading our way. The snow totals have changed again. This time less snow, I'll take it! It's supposed to be around 5 inches, to 3 feet. Can you laugh at that "prediction". It's crazy. I could do that without a degree.;););) Off we go. I'll be back to do some ketchup! Have fun while, I'm gone. :D
Good luck with both the walk and the 4 letter bad word. maybe they should just hire a groundhog to predict the weather:hilarious:

catmom46

My guess, and I'm certainly not a lawyer, is that they would favor the father over the grandparents, unless the father was proven unfit. In a situation of divorce, parents will both have priority over grandparents if both parents are fit and stable. It's not that they think she SHOULDN'T spend time with her grandmother, but....given the choice between the father and the grandmother, they are going to give the father slightly more preference...it IS his daughter. As long as he is giving her good care, they would want her to spend as much time with him as she can, even if it's not on one of his "days". And really, that's kind of as it should be, isn't it? If the tables were reversed, you'd want her to spend the time with mom rather than a babysitter...and I'm assuming it goes both ways...so if she is supposed to be with dad on the weekend, but dad can't be there for some reason, mom would have right of refusal or whatever it's called...first opportunity to take over the care for that weekend, before he arranged something else like a babysitter. That's just my guess though.

I get what you're saying, but the problem with this in my situation is that it gives my ex more control and opportunity to interfere with my life than I prefer at this time. The fact is I want as little interaction with him as possible and this forces me to interact with him more. It has nothing to do with what type of parent he is. Plus, my mom helped raise our daughter, so for him to say that she should be given less priority is telling me he's simply acting out of spite and anger. From what the mediator told me, the court does not see using child care or family to look after the kids as a detriment (especially in high conflict divorces) because it is simply a necessity given that in many families both parents need to work to make ends meet. If my ex was actually behaving like an adult (and had a real job), then I would be more inclined to contact him when I'm unavailable.

Songbird76

I get what you're saying, but the problem with this in my situation is that it gives my ex more control and opportunity to interfere with my life than I prefer at this time. The fact is I want as little interaction with him as possible and this forces me to interact with him more. It has nothing to do with what type of parent he is. Plus, my mom helped raise our daughter, so for him to say that she should be given less priority is telling me he's simply acting out of spite and anger. From what the mediator told me, the court does not see using child care or family to look after the kids as a detriment (especially in high conflict divorces) because it is simply a necessity given that in many families both parents need to work to make ends meet. If my ex was actually behaving like an adult (and had a real job), then I would be more inclined to contact him when I'm unavailable.
I understand....it's not a good situation to be in. And I'm sure he IS doing it out of spite. I'm just saying I think that's how the court will look at it. I have another friend going through a divorce right now and they were told that that is pretty much a standard arrangement...that the parent has first opportunity to care for the kids if the parent who has custody on that day can't do it. They are going to want whatever is best for the child(ren). But, if your mom has been really involved, it's also not in your daughter's best interest to change the routine or rip her away from her grandmother. Would you have an option of a 3rd party to do drop offs for visitation so you have less to do with him? I've seen that done in particularly volatile situations where it's likely to blow up. We never had that when I was growing up and I remember one time I almost called 911 because my dad got right in my mom's face, and then my mom stood up and threw down the writing board she was holding and they were screaming at each other and I was sitting on the couch, frozen, so scared that my dad was going to hit my mom and I wanted so badly to call the police but I couldn't move I was so so scared. And I was 14 or 15 at that time...it would have been SO much better to have had a mediator so my parents didn't have to deal with each other. I didn't want my parents to get in trouble, but I didn't want them to start hitting each other, and I was afraid if they did, -I- would get hurt, and I was afraid they'd be mad at me if I called the police. No kid should ever have to see their parents fighting like that. Ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom