The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

@betty rose did you find any T shirts yet?
I did find two at Walmart this morning, they are very nice, and a substantial weight. Thanks for the suggestion. They were only 5.69cents. each. I did splurge yesterday at Talbots, for a nice shirt to go out to eat. It was 74.50.:eek: I buy one nice thing each season. Retire the cheap t-shirts for jammie tops. I don't have as many donations as I used to.;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I did find two at Walmart this morning, they are very nice, and a substantial weight. Thanks for the suggestion. They were only 5.69cents. each. I did splurge yesterday at Talbots, for a nice shirt to go out to eat. It was 74.50.:eek: I buy one nice thing each season. Retire the cheap t-shirts for jammie tops. I don't have as many donations as I used to.;)
You're welcome. I can't see spending good money on something that's going to get ruined. Life cycle of a T shirt, wear casually, wear around the house, wear for cleaning only, cleaning rag.

betty rose

That might have been my fault. I thought we were talking about the procedure to laser the stone, not stinting. I have had two bladder viewings and it involved the same "get to" procedure along the same avenue. That to me wasn't all that bad, uncomfortable, yes, but, I wouldn't actually call it painful. I know if I was having that much trouble with a stone I would be standing on their doorstep demanding that they laser that hell out of it. Fortunately, that is one thing that I have managed to avoid all these years. Hopefully that will continue. Prostate biopsies are far more upsetting then that. Experience gave me that perspective. :)
I did have a small stone last summer, but, it apparently passed without my knowledge or even being aware that it existed until after the fact.
I forgot to say, to each his own according to pain tolerance. Me, I can tolerate, more pain than hubby.

betty rose

One more thing about stones and stents, the ureter is only the size of a hair. It's hard to pass a small pea through that. With the jagged edges. It wasn't so many years ago that they cut open the kidney took those things out. Today is much better, but still painful. I've had one taken out of the bladder, one blasted with a lazer. And several I've been able to pass, it was due to stretching the urerter with the stent. It still hurts for a few days, if the stone is jagged. Some people have smooth stones, which are easier to pass. We aren't lucky to have those kinds of stones. Just the luck of the draw. I guess.

Last edited:

betty rose

I'm so cheap for the boys' when they need plain T shirts I go to AC Moore when they're having a 4 for $10 sale and buy quite a few. Lots of colors
I wish we could find those kind of bargains. But, kids clothes wouldn't fit my maturing body. Can you say 15 more pounds. I know that I stress eat. We both need a break. In the past, I didn't eat when stressed. I actually went down to 89 pounds, with a crazy virus, that all the family got and landed up in the hospital, for a week. Mailman got it too. I was 5'3" at the time. Family kept asking what was wrong with me. These virus's are scary.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I wish we could find those kind of bargains. But, kids clothes wouldn't fit my maturing body. Can you say 15 more pounds. I know that I stress eat. We both need a break. In the past, I didn't eat when stressed. I actually went down to 89 pounds, with a crazy virus, that all the family got and landed up in the hospital, for a week. Mailman got it too. I was 5'3" at the time. Family kept asking what was wrong with me. These virus's are scary.
Sounds bad! I'm glad you got better. BTWThose shirts go all the way to adult Xlarge. They're great when the boys need different color shirts for school activities.

betty rose

For the first time in 9 years, they may actually hafta' open the flood gates on our Lake Travis. It's 100% full, the ground is saturated here and upstream, and were expecting more rain. :)
All I can say is crazy weather. The wind is howling, and clouds are moving in. I'm watching frozen on Saturday and Sunday......it just's seem fitting. I don't know how to do a spoiler so here it goes......I'm keeping my curtains closed, and pretending the snow is just on T.V.:eek::D:D:D:D

betty rose

Sounds bad! I'm glad you got better. BTWThose shirts go all the way to adult Xlarge. They're great when the boys need different color shirts for school activities.
I need for all this to go away. Hubby is saying he just want's to have this over or die. So stressful for him. He usually says little, so out of his zone. I'm hoping we get a break and the stone passes. I feel so sorry for him, and I don't know what to say when he says this. I'm very sad that he thinks it's better to die than go through another procedure. I'm at the end of my rope. But will continue on, as we have no choice as to what is inserted in our lives.

betty rose

nom nom nom

Cf8kDXgWIAAFSrM.jpg
I'll take two. Those are the best hot dogs I've ever had!

Figgy1

Premium Member
All I can say is crazy weather. The wind is howling, and clouds are moving in. I'm watching frozen on Saturday and Sunday......it just's seem fitting. I don't know how to do a spoiler so here it goes......I'm keeping my curtains closed, and pretending the snow is just on T.V.:eek::D:D:D:D
No just no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you're getting more snow! Sympathy like and a big hug.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I need for all this to go away. Hubby is saying he just want's to have this over or die. So stressful for him. He usually says little, so out of his zone. I'm hoping we get a break and the stone passes. I feel so sorry for him, and I don't know what to say when he says this. I'm very sad that he thinks it's better to die than go through another procedure. I'm at the end of my rope. But will continue on, as we have no choice as to what is inserted in our lives.
I can't believe at his age the doctor doesn't just go in and get rid of it. I can't believe they are letting him suffer!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom