The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It was to my family. I was the first one in the family to graduate from High School. (Different times then) I had to get a class ring because they wanted to show it off. It quickly became much less important when I became the first one to graduate from college. I know that I have my HS class ring somewhere but damned if I remember where it might be. I was going to try and find it because I am attending my 50th High School reunion this summer and I wanted to wear it. It must be around here someplace. I still have the tassel from my graduation cap.

I understand. My Mom and her youngest brother were the only ones of 12 siblings finish high school and both went onto college. My Gran encouraged my Mom to quit high school like she did all her children, earning money was more important, get a job. They both went onto college which she never grasped for my Mom and my youngest Uncle was born after Gran had Grandchildren already and shortly thereafter my Grandfather passed, I was about 2 years old so she didn't care what he did by the time he came out of Vietnam just so he send money.
It was a different era, my Gran married at 14 years old and had a baby by 15 years old and never held an outside job in her life span, her job was to raise a huge brood of children. :eek::oops::facepalm::banghead:

Gabe1

I don't either that is why I don't eat beef jerky.

I've had chewie meat and I have had beef jerky. Different. Some of the worst chewie meat I had was at BOG lunch then offered a steak sandwich. Awful. Gone now. Still beef jerky and Slim Jims I really enjoy once in a blue moon. To me it isn't like tough meat and if done correctly is very flavorful. Doesn't taste like chicken either.

Gabe1

A true statement!

I agree, a better storyline. I believe Frozen had a better soundtrack though, its demise in my mind was it was so overplayed that I learned to hate it and cringed whenever it played coupled with everything in stores being FROZEN. Don't know that I will recover from the oversaturation of Frozen but I understand the girls are being booted out of the Magic Kingdom to their new digs in Epcot. Some decisions I don't grasp.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Sympathy like....I'm so sorry. We actually FINALLY got the nice day they've been promising us for WEEKS and never got. It was like...63 degrees and sunny. When we visited the lamb we adopted, we took a hike up the trail to a scenic view and then I rested my hip which was feeling very heavy while DH took the kids to find a good tree to climb. This is the first time this year that the weather has been nice enough to do anything like that. It was gorgeous. First time we could sit outside with just a light jacket on. So I'm sorry your weather took a turn for the worse...maybe mother nature decided it was our turn today for once? Hope your weather warms up soon, though!
Thank you things are looking up. At least it's raining:confused:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Agreed. I'll take 105F and humid over blowing snow, any day.
^^^^This. One of my favorite vacations was way back years ago but the heat never bothered me at all. 4th of July week during a heat wave and some friends of mine and myself decided to spend it at a campground not far from DC. I wasn't so happy about the whole tent thing but the heat never bothered me at all:joyfull:

Songbird76

I worry about you and that hip of yours. I'm kinda like you, when I am getting a bit better I tend to push it cause I am sick of the limitations.
But you have GOT To "save" yourself for your summer vacation. :happy:
I know...I want to just jump back into exercising, but I know that wouldn't be good. I'm taking a rest day, though the hip feels fine today. If I'm still ok tomorrow, I'll walk in the park for a bit. Slow and steady wins the race.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Gabe1 , Happy Belated Birthday!! I am so happy that you took a day off from visiting in the hospital, to have some fun. Your dinner looked excellent, and I like the pictures you took of some of the local sights. It's a little late, but here is some cake for you.

4f761afc6b8b4_221592b.jpg

FutureCEO

I know...I want to just jump back into exercising, but I know that wouldn't be good. I'm taking a rest day, though the hip feels fine today. If I'm still ok tomorrow, I'll walk in the park for a bit. Slow and steady wins the race.

I'm taking a rest week. Not sure why but my quad and upper arm hurts. Not bad but just enough to tell myself to rest.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm taking a rest week. Not sure why but my quad and upper arm hurts. Not bad but just enough to tell myself to rest.

Were you lifting heavy objects last week, or did you try different exercises? Sometimes, if you do something you're not used to, it can end up with some muscle strain, even if you're in basically good shape. Maybe take some Advil to lessen the inflammation and speed up your recovery.

FutureCEO

Were you lifting heavy objects last week, or did you try different exercises? Sometimes, if you do something you're not used to, it can end up with some muscle strain, even if you're in basically good shape. Maybe take some Advil to lessen the inflammation and speed up your recovery.

Besides the normal, not really. Though I do free weights when I can because other people hog that area at the gym and I did them yesterday. I have no drugs in my house. I rarely take drugs even to relieve headaches.

Though CVS/Rite Aid/Walgreens apparently wants you to take them all the time.

Gabe1

no apples for you this year I suppose?
also.. I remember reading 10 years ago, a special in a mexican science magazine.. that show a graph and how the months are "unsyncing" from the weather patterns.. cold weather extending later and hot weather extending up to december...
In short, the patterns are changing by "advancing" a few months.
They also said that it might trigger natural selection, by either forcing the pattern/mutation change on animals or them just plain becoming extinct.

They did show an example of a small moth. That used to be white in certain dates. Now most of them already converted to the new pattern. and the ones that failed, were easily eradicated by predators (as their colors did not match the new weather pattern)

The issue I have with all this, the entire big picture isn't generally taken in with most scientists any longer. Like medical doctors they have their specific areas of studies and further their specialties. More they are all looking to be Published and are constantly vying for huge grant funds. Then of course they want to author books and curriculum textbooks. Science and Studies have become big business.

While you are not likely familiar with the Midwest, it is not at all unusual for April and May to be cold here, nothing new. We have had blizzards on my Birthday. Easter normally in April is generally very cold here and has been my entire life. I can remember one beautiful Easter when my kids were small and it was actually appropriate for them to wear their Spring Easter outfits.

Then the problems with nature at first blush seem to support the scientists. Still the info is a bit corrupted. We have pesticides that have killed off so many species of insects or greatly lessened their existence. Th en there are bugs that are actually imported accidently. In my area West Nile Virus killed off all the Crows and BlueJays in my area. Nothing to do with climate. Tigers and Elephants are fading from the planet, still more of this has to do with poachers than lack of water or food. I look at all the issues @donaldtoo area had for several years in his nearby lake due to drought for multiple years. Now weather has corrected. We had the same thing with Lake Michigan, it was low for several years, now it is normal again.

My thought is the over generalization of global warming and climate change without thinking of all the variables that contribute to changes on earth. They all contribute.

Gabe1

Besides the normal, not really. Though I do free weights when I can because other people hog that area at the gym and I did them yesterday. I have no drugs in my house. I rarely take drugs even to relieve headaches.

Though CVS/Rite Aid/Walgreens apparently wants you to take them all the time.

But as @MinnieM123 said Advil reduces inflammation, it is not just for pain management. The sooner the inflammation goes down the quicker the healing takes place. Her orthopedist told her a few months ago to take 4 Advil to get the swelling down and muscle tissue healing. 4 explained to her is the prescription equivalent for her. Took about a week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom